Lord Baltimore Hotel
  • Restaurant
Envy Hotel(Baltimore)
  • Pool
1,248 results
All reviewsfrench kitchenrooftop barfront deskinner harborvalet parkingan older hotelbeautiful hotelself parkcorner roomtwo blockscharm cityvalet serviceconvention centerjohns hopkinsorioles gameabrahamlb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 12, 2014

My room was large and clean. Accommodating staff when I needed more bath linens. My room had a refrigerator as well, very convenient.

This hotel really is still "under renovation" and they should state so. My bathroom window was frosted, cracked, and had black duct tape around it. Not enough of a seal. Drafty and it was a cool April for Baltimore. The grout in the shower needed tending to.

The elevators broke down and I had to walk down 11 flights. Not a problem for me, but it was a good think I was not going up or down with luggage!!!

Restaurant was very good for breakfast buffet and dinner.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LBH1928, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Guest,

It is good to know that you still had a pleasant stay though renovations are still going on. Your valuable input helps us in ensuring that we meet or even exceed the expectations of our guests in terms of accommodations and services. Please know that this renovations aim to provide you greater stays in the future. We hope that we will have another opportunity to serve you and these changes that are currently going on will please you even more in the future. Thank you very much for your business.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed last night for a one night business trip. The hotel staff was very friendly. My room was very nice, was clean, and was well appointed. On the downside, the air conditioning fan made an annoying clicking noise all night long. The shower head is at chest level and cannot be adjusted. I ate a quick breakfast in the hotel restaurant. The restaurant was not busy, but the service was slow, the portions were small, the coffee was just warm and I had to ask for refills. I think the hotel has a lot of potential. I would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
LBH1928, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share the details of your stay at our Hotel. Your valuable input helps in delivering the best quality of service our dear guests deserve. It is good to know that you acknowledged our clean and comfortable rooms maintained by our friendly staff. At the same time, your comments regarding the air conditioning fan, shower head and most importantly, the breakfast availability and service will be seriously taken and will be handled accordingly. Please advise us of your next trip as we want to correct our shortcomings by providing a more pleasant stay in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This hotel has a long history in Baltimore, as it was one of the first hotels that were built! Now, there still stand the structure and historical charm along with new chic, modern updates that look quite Miami boutique hotel-ish. The rooms were awesome, customer service from the hotel staff amazing and the bar and restaurant food was quite delicious! I love this hotel and I look forward to holding another conference or staying for pleasure very soon!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kay T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at our property. We are very delighted to hear that you appreciated our Historic hotel charmed with modern ambiance. Our enhancements and upgrades aim to improve the quality of stay we provide to our guests and we are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations during your recent visit. We hope that you will be more satisfied on your next stay should you decide to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time staying in Baltimore and i couldn't be happier. The front desk was most helpful. I realized too late that there was valet parking and ended up in a lot across the street. My only complaint is that the windows are too thin you can hear everything going on outside even on the higher floors (I was on the 18th floor). The front desk made sure I had a handicapped accessible room which I needed and pointed me in the right direction for food. Michael is wonderful. If there were people above or next door I couldn't tell. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to review our property. We are delighted to hear that you were satisfied with your entire stay. Your input is important to us and the valuable feedback helps in enhancing the positive experiences of our guests. It is enlightening to hear that our staff made sure that you stayed in an accessible room and efficiently assisted you during your stay. Please advise us of your next trip as we want to ensure that you receive the same pleasant accommodations and services.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

This old hotel has been refurbished and the color scheme and furniture are beautiful and welcoming. The lobby has comfortable furniture and the bar has plenty of seats and cocktail tables. The bar staff needs to be more attentive to guests - we spent 15 min trying to find our waitress to get a check.
Our room was nicely decorated in shades of gray and creme and the bed and pillows were the most comfortable we've had in a long time. (In fact I would have stolen the pillow if I thought it would fit in my carry-on!) I was disappointed to find a curtain instead of a closet door and the safe wouldn't close, despite a call to have it fixed it remained open our entire stay. The bathroom had a large pedestal sink but absolutely no room to put make up or toiletries. There is no magnifying mirror - a must in my book. Our bathroom had no heat coming out of the duct no matter how we changed the temp. The halls were noisy at night and two of the four elevators weren't functioning. We had two dinners there - one buffet and one sit down and neither were great, other than the crab cakes. I think maybe they should have allotted more time to get things right before opening their doors. The concierge was the best part of our stay, friendly, helpful and courteous. We would think twice before returning.

Room Tip: I don't know if there were any rooms with a view of the Inner Harbor but it's worth asking. Our room looked across the alley to other hotel rooms.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for finding the time to share about your experience. We would like to express our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience during your stay in our hotel. Your review is important to us as it helps us to identify problems and take corrective measures. Our bar aims to make our guests comfortable and relaxed, your comments regarding more attentive bar staff will be discussed with our team. Our maintenance staff will be advised of the details you’ve mentioned to ensure that our facilities and equipments are functioning very well. We value not only your security and safety but also your comfort and satisfaction. We are very proud of our concierge for exceeding your expectations. Rest assured that your comments will be addressed and necessary steps will be taken to provide a more satisfying experience in the future. Thank you for the opportunity to grow and improve more, we sincerely hope that we may be given a chance to change your perception of our hotel in the future.