“GREAT” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Grant, mi
“GREAT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Drove all night from Florida, and had a reservation for that night, got to the hotel 8:30 am so I went inside to see the earliest I could get a room because I was tired, the young man at the desk told me he would give me a room right away so I could go to sleep, wanted to help me with my bags, told him I was fine. Room was clean and bed so comfy, so impressed with the hotel. Went back to the desk latter in the day to find places to eat, first then he asked was how was my rest, so nice to be concerned for your guests. I will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cindykeys08
LBH1928, Director of Operations at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. Your kind words towards our staff is greatly appreciated as this will also inspire them to always provide excellent service to our guests.

Providing our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay in our hotel is one of our main goal, and we are happy to know that we were able to meet that. We assure you that we will do our best to maintain our services and facilities especially the comfort and cleanliness of our hotel rooms.

Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.

Yours in Service,

Lord Baltimore Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

Just stayed 2 nights in one of the newly renovated rooms. It was fantastic! The room was beautiful and very comfortable. Also, had dinner in "The French Kitchen". The food was outstanding! C'est si bon! The staff is always warm and friendly. I was told the lobby will be done in a week or two. This is a must see and a must stay while in Baltimore. Great value!

Room Tip: All the rooms a great!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Anthony T
LBH1928, Director of Operations at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for finding the time to share about your stay. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel.

We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with the comfort and cleanliness of our hotel room. We also appreciate that our food choices was outstanding for you and liked "The French Kitchen". Our staff will be happy to know that you commended them for being warm and friendly.

We look forward to serving you again.

Happy to Serve,
York, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and it was lovely. The staff was courteous and helpful. The ballroom is absolutely beautiful. It is a great property with a lot of Baltimore history so it is great to see it restored back to its original beauty.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank 99Tamaram
Dear Guests,

Thank you for the beautiful review you have given our hotel. Review like this makes us more inspired to continue to enhance our hotel. We appreciate you for liking the renovation that we did to our hotel, modern yet historic. Thank you for appreciating our ballroom, we assure you that we will do our best to maintain our facilities and services to the best that we can. Your comments will be shared with our staff, thank you.

Kindly,
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

I'll try to take reviews of the party out of my review of the hotel. decent place, good customer service, clean, with an old school charm. Elevators were very old, but didn't break while I was there, and the rooms were on par with most hotels. Nice sized rooms as well.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamaal S
LBH1928, Dir. of Operations at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Jamaal,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lord Baltimore Hotel. Thank you for your business and thank you for celebrating the new year with us.

Our Historic Lord Baltimore Hotel now has 200 brand new guestrooms and we are almost complete with our public spaces. I hope you get an opportunity to stay with us on your next visit to Baltimore and stay in one of our newly renovated spacious guestroom!

Don't hesitate to call us directly to book your reservation the next time you are in the Charm City of Baltimore.

410-539-8400 ext 3305
Reisterstown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at the Lord Baltimore hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary - we were married in the hotel 18 years ago and this was our first trip back. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful from the minute we walked in the door. The room we stayed in was roomy and clean, and although dated, all of the rooms will soon be renovated. Even though the renovations are not quite finished, we were given a tour of a newly finished room, which is amazing - modern, yet very classy. We also had an excellent dinner with impeccable service in the French Kitchen, which only recently opened. The Lord Baltimore is a beautiful, turn of the century hotel, which is soon to be restored to a place of prominence in the Baltimore hotel scene.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank PEB2014
LBH1928, Operations Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.

I am so happy that you were pleased with our service. Is because of you we are in business!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your anniversary dinner at our new French Kitchen Restaurant and thank you for allowing us to serve you and welcome you back again to the Lord Baltimore after 18 years. I am glad I had the opportunity to meet you in person and I am glad Jayme our Front Office Representative was able to show you what's coming to the Lord Baltimore in the next few days.

Please let me know when you are in town again so we can book your reservation in our brand new room, it will be my pleasure to assist you.

Yours in Service,

Dir. of Operations
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

The party areas of the hotel were very nice, the staff was exceptional! The room overall was good, the bathroom is really old and needs updated. I am a little picky but the wallpaper was coming off the wall and the bathtub is worn looks unclean. The hotel as I said is lovely. The host of the party Charm City Countdown did a poor job with the party. The food was excellent but the bars were very overcrowded and the comedian never showed up for the show. Overall, I probably would not spend the $560.00 this cost again!

Room Tip: This hotel is under renovations I would ask for a renovated room before staying here.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Thank you for being part of our New Year's Celebration. I am sorry to hear to you were not 100% satisfied.

As you mentioned we are under renovation and our first half of our guest rooms will become available in a couple of weeks. So call us, we would love to have you stay with us again! Give us the opportunity to make your stay memorable the next time you are in Baltimore, Inner Harbor.

The Lord Baltimore has more than eight decades of hospitality and is once again poised to become the Premier Baltimore Destination! Many more changes are ahead as the hotel begins its rebirth! from our Guest Rooms and our public spaces we are just excited! We want you to be part of that...

Again, thank you for your patronage, and we look forward to serving you the next time your schedule brings you back to Baltimore. If you need assistance don't hesitate to contact me at 410-539-8400 Ext. 3305.

Dir. of Operations
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Easily the worst hotel I have stayed at in the last year. The room was filthy. I stayed on 01/06/14 and found a Champagne cork on the floor which I can only imagine had been there since 01/01. A simple vacuum or just looking down would have caught that.Hair could be found throughout the bathroom.The shower water temperature was in constant flux and I was grateful to escape without third degree burns or frostbite .Taking the elevators was an adventure. I felt lucky every time the door opened and I was within 2 feet of the floor selected. They are renovating but seem to be concentrating on cosmetic lobby improvements. The rooms are were outdated in the '80's. It's just a very old run down building with terrible housekeeping . It would take many years and probably more money than anyone is willing to spend to help this property.
On a brighter note, the location is great.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Koovi
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I want to apologize for the poor experience you had while staying at our hotel because of the elevator and your overall experience with your room. Clearly we let you down.

The Lord Baltimore Hotel is going through a remarkable transformation right now. I know you'll love the hotel next time you visit we ask you to give us the opportunity to assist you again. We are not just revamping our lobby it's the rebirth of the Lord Baltimore Hotel with brand new boutique style rooms completely redesigned along with all the outlets of the hotel which is only a couple of weeks away.

“The bones of the hotel are historic and regal…” is one of the comments from our guests that have research the history of The Lord Baltimore established 1928.

I sincerely hope you will accept our apologies and give us another chance to show you that we can do better. Please call me at 410-539-8400 ext. 3305 and I will be happy to discuss your stay personally.