“Not the worst, not the best.”

Lord Baltimore Hotel
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was far from the worst I've ever stayed in, but also not the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Checking in and out was a breeze; customer service was friendly and courteous, as was the concierge. They are in the middle of revamping the hotel, so I think it will end up being as charming as it used to be. The beds were hard. I mean, HARD. After checking for creepy crawlies (there were none!), I flopped down on the bed, and it practically knocked the wind out of me. It was like I had just flopped onto the floor. I did not sleep well my entire stay.

I had a corner room, so the views were nice, but the windows were dirty both inside and out, so I wasn't able to enjoy them. The noise level from the street is understandable. It is downtown in a major city, after all. The noise level in the hallway at 2am from the partiers coming in was not understandable, or appreciated. You can hear every little noise coming from the hallway. My coworker had someone knocking on his door at midnight one night, claiming to be maintenance. He obviously didn't let them in, and when he let the front desk know, they knew nothing about a maintenance call that night.

The room is small, but cozy. My shower had one temperature- much too hot. The first time I tried to brave the heat, I came out looking like I had a sunburn. I guess I would rather it be too hot than not hot at all.

The elevators are slow, but the hotel is huge. Have a little patience, and give yourself plenty of time to allow for the wait.

I was traveling on business, so I wasn't expecting too much. Had I been traveling for pleasure, I would have been a little disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This property was once a Raddison. It was as best can be determined a rather porly maintained one at best. The owner is making an effort to renovate, but one should wait until these are complete to decide to stay here.

The elevators are a true roll of the dice as to what floor you will end up on, so be prepared for an adventure.

The ceiling of my "Club Floor" room started to disintegrate and fall into the tub and floor. It was reported to the front desk * (in person) and nothing was done. The room cleaning was spooty at best as well.

I love historic properties but this experience was not the best.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank bb323
Reviewed October 8, 2013

For some reason, I did not manage to find my pillows anywhere in my room.

While the first expression is that the worker in the front desk is a very very inpatient lady, who refused to explain staff to us and speaker very fast and let me feel not respected. Another problem is that she did not describe this hotel including breakfast,wifi,cleaning and so on....

Anyway, I know nothing about Baltimore, but think this hotel is not deserved to live in compared with its high price

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Arrived after being on the road for over 4 hours just wanting to check in and chill. Go up to my room, use the bathroom, handle on toilet was broken. Try calling down to the front desk, phone did not work!!! Last thing I want to do is get back on the rickety elevator to get another room. Clerk gives me key to room right beside one we were currently checked into. Go up to check out the room, low and behold...she gave me the same room!!!! I now must go back down AGAIN. This time I ask to see the manager. He personally takes me up to make sure the room is in working order. All looks fine so he and I head back down to switch everything over, guess what?? The elevator wouldn't work. We now must climb down 4 flights of steps. I have a back injury, rods, screw and fusion. Need less to say, this was not an easy task after what I had already been through and our car ride. I am finally able to go back up to my room. Pull the blanket down and see there is pee in the middle of the sheets. Call for housekeeping, she arrives and is very nice. Try turning the tv on, remote won't work, girl looks it over and finds out there are no batteries. Once again I am going down to the front desk and am told they don't have batteries. They did find another working remote. Now lets get to how dirty the carpeting was, hair dryer didn't work, tubs were painted to cover the filth. I could go on and on.....look elsewhere. I will say the bellmen and guys running the valet parking were super nice!!! BUT, that isn't all that goes into running a business. Whomever owns this place should be ashamed to take our hard earned money.

Room Tip: Make sure you take a sound machine, fire trucks and police cars run by all night long disrupting you...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank salsaqueenDJS
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Went to a family wedding here. It is in the process of renovating so some areas are still getting work done. The grand ballroom is a good size with a nice bank of windows. Buffet stations were okay. The hardest part was the cocktail hour, hor's d'oeuvres because they had it on a mezzanine overlooking the lobby which was a little cramped and difficult to access. They only had one bar open with narrow access. The rooms here are small as is typical of many inner city hotels. Hopefully, when the renovations are completed it will be returned to past grandeur. the best thing about this hotel is its location, close to everything in the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2013

The grand ol' gentleman of a hotel is very comfy and within walking distance to the inner harbor. I found the front-desk staff very accommodating and friendly -- as were the outdoor valet team who gave me excellent directions as if they really cared that I got to where I was going! My room on the 17th floor was cozy and comfy with all the usual amenities. The bed was great so I had a good night's sleep. I was constantly kicked off the free Wi-Fi and to keep logging back on, but it was available whenever I did. This hotel is within a block of a great coffee place: Caribou.

Room Tip: I would rely on the front desk folks to guide you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank LizDB
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Though this hotel does have some historic beauty, walk in take a look around and walk out. This hotel is currently under new ownership and NO ONE has any idea what is going on or any idea how to run a business. What they will tell you is that the new owners are uppity art dealers who don't want your business unless you plan on spending millions of dollars in the hotel and they will mention " we are not a raddisson, a few times." They should probably focus more on the current customers than separating themselves from a reputable hotel name. Not only will the elevators make you dizzy for days, the staff is very unhelpful and unprofessional, the rugs are spotted and dirty.
If you are looking to plan your event there SPEND your money elsewhere. Since no one who works there knows what is going on your event is guaranteed to be stressful if you leave any details to them. Either plan the whole thing your self or spend your time and money elsewhere. Lastly, when not if mistakes were made the management of the establishment is difficult to reach and generally unresponsive. Credit cards were erroneously charged without care and good luck in the fight to get your money back, they'll offer you a free room for your next stay- as if your first experience wasn't bad enough. There are MANY beautiful hotels in Baltimore city...take advantage of real comfort and stop by the LBH as a field trip if you have time.

Room Tip: stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family