“Great Customer Service”

Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums
Ranked #41 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 3, 2014

We spent the night here after coming to Baltimore to see an Orioles game. The staff here, every single one we encountered, were all very helpful and anxious to please - and I mean all of them, desk clerks, security, shuttle drivers.

It is clean. Breakfast was well above average for free hotel breakfasts - lots of choices, decent hot options. Parking was a little nuts, the parking lot is packed very tightly, but that didn't really matter to us because we parked up when we arrived & used the free shuttle to the Inner Harbor to go downtown and to the game. Our game was rain-delayed so we took a cab home from it due to uncertainty over whether they'd be running the shuttle that late but other guests shuttled home from the game.

The neighborhood is not great - we watched a squeegee man hard at work despite the rain from our window - and even though the stadium is physically not far away I would not walk it. They gave us a great little goodie bag at check-in with water & snack treats in apology for the noise of construction next door, and there were earplugs in the room. They did start working by 7am on Saturday morning but it wasn't a problem level of noise.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
HIExpressStadiums, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Dear 4RLL:

Thank you for your review of our hotel, particularly the kind words about our team members. We strive to make every experience memorable and we are glad we met your expectations.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had the best experience staying less than 12 hours at this hotel and it was because of the nice young man working the desk the night we checked in late. His name is VON!! He was so nice to my family and very helpful. He went "above and beyond" to help us out and it was greatly appreciated. Mike Rowe was nice the following morning when I questioned him about the night worker. The staff was friendly, our room was nice, and the beds were comfy! So many times people write negative comments and never take the time to write something nice and Von's professionalism and kindness could not go un-noticed. He and my boys hit it off talking about baseball!! I like someone who takes the time to care about personal interests. Very positive experience!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
HIExpressStadiums, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Dear Amys23:

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I appreciate the kind words about Von and Mike and will share your comments with our team members. We are glad we met your expectations and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in town.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great hotel to stay in and the breakfast options are delicious. If you need assistance at the front desk, Melanie is a great person to ask!! If you need a shuttle anywhere, definitely be sure to ask for Anthony!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 5, 2014

The Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums is a nice, newer Holiday Inn Express located in downtown Baltimore. I was pleasantly surprised by the overall condition of the hotel. I typically avoid IHG hotels, preferring Hilton, Hyatt, or even Marriott brands, but on this particular trip I was looking for a hotel with shuttle service to the cruise port, and the Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums is the closest hotel with shuttle service to the Cruise Maryland terminal in Baltimore.

Pros:
Fast, efficient check-in. Literally 90 seconds from arrival to the elevator
Friendly staff
Convenient gated parking
Clean room with decent furnishings
Most efficient shuttle service that I have ever experienced with a hotel. Another shuttle was already pulling up at the port before ours even left. They do a great job moving cruise passengers to/from the port and their drivers are professional and friendly.

Cons:
Location - This is a bad neighborhood. Homeless people standing blocking the drive to the hotel. They didn't seem to care that cars were trying to pull in. Security was in the lobby during the day, but did not see them in the evening.
Noise level during the day due to construction of the new casino across the street. They even give you a "noise kit" consisting of free ear plugs in the room. This should not be a problem once the new casino opens.

The outdoor pool was still closed during our visit, but it looked small and is essentially in the middle of the gated parking lot. We missed breakfast by 7 minutes, so I can't comment on it.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view or parking lot view room. Anything except a casino view room as the casino is cu...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank brilliantseas
Reviewed April 5, 2014

I stayed here at the stadiums for a one night stay. I was under the employee rate and mostly everyone I encountered was friendly. They waived my parking fee for being part of the IHG family which I appreciated. The room was cleaned to my liking. I see a lot of reviews where they comment on the smoke smell, I will say that the hallway I was on (3rd floor) did smell of smoke, but the room itself smelled fresh and was welcoming. I didn't eat breakfast, so I cannot comment there. The parking lot is pretty hard to get into and out of, but there is not much that can be done about that. The shuttle service was excellent and made my trip to Camden Yards a breeze.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

The staff at this hotel has been great!! I would like to extend a huge thank you to Melanie at the counter, who patiently and kindly helped us out when with all of our reservation and billing inquiries! And she did it with a smile! I would also like to say that the shuttle drivers, Devin and Louie are the bomb! They shuttled us to and from our conference downtown in a quick manner and told us about all of the "hole in the wall" places to have great food and drinks. Von the night auditor went out of his way to help me get a document uploaded to the internet for a homework assignment, so it wouldn't be late! I would love to come back for another visit because of how amazing these hotel representatives have been to me and my colleagues. :) Great customer service!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed here in early March 2014 before our cruise, which was leaving out of the nearby port. The customer service was fabulous, especially Anton (Antoine?), who was very good-natured, humourous and helpful. We were a group of 39 people and the staff were very accommodating with all of us. They offered us the use of the dining room to hang out together and later allowed us to move into the party room for more privacy. They shuttled members of our group to various places throughout the day, whether for short tourist excursions or just to the store. The rooms were clean and the hotel itself was well-kept and inviting. There was a problem with our smoke detector intermittently beeping in our room due to low battery, but they had it changed within a half hour and they were also quick to rectify another small issue we had called them about. I was very impressed by the speed with which they dealt with any problems. Also, there were no issues with the shuttle service to the cruise ship and our wait was minimal when we called to be brought to the hotel after the cruise. We also liked that they had a hot breakfast included in the price, along with free parking for the week. We would definitely stay here again if we are in Baltimore.

Room Tip: My only recommendation is to ask for rooms at the back of the hotel as the front of the hotel faces...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alleycat W
HIExpressStadiums, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Dear Alleycat W:

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for the kind words about our hotel and team members. We are glad you stayed with us and we look forward to seeing you the next time you're in town.