“Great People” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #39 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Wytheville, Virginia
“Great People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We came to Baltimore as visitors to the Johns Hopkins Hospital. We were very anxious for various reasons, some medical and some just being anxious in a strange and large city. We did not encounter a single person who was not hospitable, caring and helpful. We received great and easy to follow information from everyone. We were shuttled back and forth to the hospital. We were given a late checkout time and allowed to leave our car parked in the Holiday Inn lot until our late afternoon appointments at the Hospital were done and we could depart for home. The lady in charge of the breakfast buffet made sure that my husband had breakfast, even though we were later than the time she should have closed. All in all our stay in Baltimore was a good one, we received news that will bring us back to the area soon. We will again stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but need to stay at one closer to the hospital. When you have a lot on your mind and need help with everyday things it is wonderful to have someone take care of things like parking and meeting appointments. I would highly recommend this hotel and its employees to anyone needing to stay in this area.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
  • Korean first
Cocoa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

This property is so close to both stadiums that you can walk to either of them and save money on parking! It's so close that you can even walk to the harbor!
This is a nice, clean modern hotel, breakfast was good and the service from employees awesome!!
I must admit, we were not pleased with the mattress in the room we were in, as it was a handicap room. I expressed how bad it really was to the housekeeping manager, she said that she would take care of it for me because it was the first time she had heard about this. I was pleasantly surprised when all my priorty points were given back to me! Now that's customer service and really going the extra mile! We'll be back for next years Indy Car race and we'll be staying at this hotel!!

1 Thank RacingMom
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night prior to going on cruise. Hotel was average -- but they will provide parking at their gated lot for the duration of your cruise from the Port of Baltimore. They will also shuttle you to the port in a timely manner and pick you up on your return. This made cruising from Baltimore very easy and money saving. Staff was very accommodating .

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank sharon820
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Bad news is don't get the eggs for breakfast. They were runny like they had legs and sprinter's shoes. I couldn't find out from anyone if the eggs were just plain scrambled or had milk in them. I'm no chef, but I am a customer who values respect and customer service.

And this hotel deserves my respect for their customer service. All of the staff were respectful and went out of their way to help me. Malcolm at the front desk was a pleasure, a front desk employee waved down a taxi the night before and literally went outside to wave it down, this was after he spoke to us and told us that the lines to the taxi company were busy. I felt like Baltimore steps up its game when it comes to customer service. Keep it up guys!

Breakfast was great beside the eggs. And I was assisted to a meal even after the breakfast bar was closed. And everything tasted good!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I am so extremely pleased with this hotel. My husband and I have been Priority Club Members for years and always choose Holiday Inn Express Hotels when we get the opportunity. This was our third stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express. I wanted to take the time to review the people who worked so hard to give us a pleasant stay at this particular hotel. First of all, there is Hubert. Hubert always gives you a pleasant greeting and asks if there is anything at all he can do to make your stay more comfortable--very professional. We were in Baltimore this past weekend to celebrate my daughter's and mom's birthdays. Mom was reaching for some eggs and had a bit of difficulty. (She just turned 89.) Esther and Rose Marie helped her out. I thanked them for helping the "birthday girl" and they immediately broke into song and sang "Happy Birthday." My mom really enjoyed that. It was a great start to a very special day. By the way, on our last visit, they didn't have sugar free pancake syrup. I had asked because my husband is diabetic. They had sugar free syrup this time and we were able to use it all three mornings--very nice attention to detail. Mike and Trayvon are also very professional while working the front desk and represent your organization very well. Mike is one of the most patient people I have met. He was great with my mother and talked to her so kindly. We are all busy but it was extremely important for me to take the time to tell you my pleasant experience at your hotel. I would recommend it to anyone. Please pass on my appreciation to the above-mentioned personnel. Thanks again, Christine Reese

Wormleysburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Although the hotel was undergoing some construction, the people who work there more than made up for any small inconvenience. The shuttle to the baseball game was a big hit and Victor kept us in stitches (as well as being very helpful). The front desk people were very accomodating and gave us good advice. All in all our experience was excellent.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HIExpressStadiums, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Baltimore at the Stadiums, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
The hotel has recently gone through some major upgrades and I think you would be very pleased. Thank you for your patience during the transition. Victor is new to our family and we are excited to have him with us. We look forward to see you again. Go Orioles!
Mineola, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

If you need a hotel close to the harbor or cruise line and can overlook the location of this little gem, the staff will make-up for the concern! The hotel is small but very adequate for where it is. Staff was helpful and friendly, breakfast was typical of Express hotels. Our room was small, but again, served our needs. Our only problem was with the lack of communication concerning the shuttle to the cruise port. During the Grand Prix we were told the shuttle would not be running and it was printed on the information given by hotel (logically it didn't run downtown). However, we were not told it would continue to run to the ships, so we arranged alternate transportation only to find out it did go to the port. Trying to explain that to the front desk woman was useless - she only confirmed it was running! Anyway, the shuttle driver was terrific and gave us exact directions to avoid downtown congestion - wish I had gotten his name, but thank you so much! All in all, the hotel is handy enough to compensate for it's location.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a very busy street so I'm not sure any of them are totally quiet. You might want to...