“wonderful service, very comfortable room, nice linens,terric value”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #43 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
the Berkshires
“wonderful service, very comfortable room, nice linens,terric value”
Reviewed June 22, 2009

We were in town for a wedding. We took the Light Rail train from BWI to the Convention Center Stop and walked over to the hotel from there, about 3 blocks. Our room was on the 24th floor of the South Tower, looking toward Camden Yards ball field.The room was large, with 2 very comfortable double beds, lots of pillows of different sizes. The bathroom was large and clean, plenty of towels and shelves.The air conditioning system was not adjusted correctly, but Guest Services sent an engineer to fix it - he arrived within 2 minutes! the system itself was whisper-quiet, in fact the quietest I've ever experienced. Because we were so high above the street, there was very little outside noise. There were at least two conventions in the hotel, but we were untroubled by conversation, doors slamming, etc. We found all the desk personnel and Guest Services people to be friendly, well-trained and accomodating. Because I's spoken to asomeone at the Concierge desk before we went, I expected there would be someone there when we arrived, but we never saw that desk manned the whole time we were there. My adult daughter and I stayed two nights, breakfasted in the hotel's pleasant Shula's restaurant both times. Our Server there was the delightful Miss Evette, who waited on us in the most cheerful and friendly way possible. We really enjoyed our stay in this clean and cheerful, well-staffed hotel. I would certainly recommend it to anyone, but it is in the business center area of the city, not near the Inner Harbor. When we had checked in and put our bags in the room, we went looking for lunch, but found very little choice nearby at 4p.m. on a Friday, ended up at a very shabby fast-food place several blocks away. I would advise that one try to be placed as high up and away from street noise as possible when making the reservation.

• Stayed June 2009

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
WASHINGTON DC
Reviewed June 5, 2009

The Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel had poor customer service from the start. Their staff has not been well trained. The reservation was booked incorrectly and key details were left out to make the stay a pleasant one. One staff member tried to do damage control but the damage had already been done. The check in was a nightmare. The manager actually was the worst of all and did not take the lead in setting the bar for his staff. If you want to be treated well do not stay at this Sheraton. The excuse I was given is that they are a franchise. Go figure...

Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 5, 2009

Was not the closest to the inner harbor but it is only a few block walk to either the harbor, or camden yards/ravens stadium.

We found this place much more affordable than any of the places a few blocks closer and the hotel is very clean, modern, and the rooms were fantastic.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Hi Everyone,

This is my second review of this hotel. It is a nice hotel, and the rooms are very clean. I did notice this time around that we can hear more hallway noise, although, I think this particular woman was very loud. My only complaint is that this hotel doesn't offer a continental breakfast, however, the buffet for $16.95 is worth it. Don't bother ordering off the breakfast menu, it's cheaper for the buffet and the food is the same.

Finally, when we got there the desk clerk couldn't find our reservations, he was able to get us into a room however. Once I got home, I looked through my email reservation confirmation and the date was way off. She had booked it for March and not May. So, be sure to check your reservation email carefully when you receive it from them.

Thanx for reading, I hope this was helpful.
Jen \m/

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed May 11, 2009

My family and I went to Baltimore for a few days over Mother's Day weekend. I booked the Sheraton on Expedia, after searching and trying to find a place that wasn't too expensive. The hotel was close to all the sites. My 4 yr old walkedto all our destinations without difficulty. We went to the Orioles game on Friday, a few hours after check-in. Saturday I went to a convention at the Center and my wife and daughter saw the sites and aquarium in the Inner Harbor. Again, we all were within walking distance to the sites. We really only used the hotel as a place to sleep and get dressed. i cannot comment on the dining or other amentities, since we didn't use them.
Service was okay. We had a problem getting into our room, the batteries on the door lock died. Problem corrected, the 4 year old had a meltdown, afraid she wouldn't be sleeping in a bed! she calmed down after a minute though. the manager or whoever came up fixed things quickly and was apologetic.
the room itself was nice, the hotel has either finished or is finishing a remodel. modern looking furniture and bathroom fixtures. plain but pretty. I tried to reserve a room with a king bed, but ended up with 2 large doubles. my daughter loved that, my wife and i didn't. almost all of the pictures around the room and hotel have an obvious nautical theme, i liked them. the entrance on fayette st is small and tough to negotiate and parking is expensive, $54 for barely 2 days.
For the price and location, i think i made a good choice.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank tjdoc143
VIRGINIA
Reviewed May 3, 2009

My husband and I spent one night this past weekend. We were not aware of the 40 per day valet parking. We also had a 50 dollar deposit because we used a visa debit card.
The room was comfortable but not worth 190 per night. You are also charged for wireless internet acccess.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank renee4rj
Boston
Reviewed April 17, 2009

I stayed here for a conference. The room was OK, although the bedspread was stained. But worse, when I checked out I left a necklace in the room. Two hours later I realized and checked and it was gone. I asked for help tracking it down. The staff made some minor attempts to find it, but basically refused to follow up, and the manager didn't answer my calls. As far as I'm concerned, the hotel was party to my necklace being stolen. This is outrageous for a "decent" hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business