Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
GreenLeadersBronze level
Yorkshire, UK
“Good enough”
Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for 3 nights for a conference held at another, much more expensive, hotel just down the hill in the Inner Harbor.

By European standards my 17th floor room was predictably enormous - 2 double beds to myself - clean & comfortable, although the dark furniture is perhaps a little old fashioned. Some urban street noise but nothing bad enough to stop me sleeping & I believe there was some kind of sleep aid machine had I wanted it.

I saw nothing during my 4 day stay to justify my pre visit worries about walking back from the Inner Harbor at night, although the streets were fairly empty. My only real gripe would be difficulty of getting to the hotel from the airport - no shuttle & taxi cost me $40. Also I don't really see the point of providing free wifi in the lobby and not the rooms, but that's common enough in US hotels and at least it's free somewhere on the property.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I travel to Baltimore every week on business. I've stayed at countless hotels in Baltimore and the service I receive at the Sheraton City Center is without a doubt the best. The staff goes out of its way to make sure that each and every stay is wonderful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates personal service and attentive staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid any street traffic.
Green Features: Green choice is a great way to earn additional SPG points.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 2, 2014

As soon as we arrived, everyone knew us. The best service we've had in a long time. Just mentioned that we were celebrating our 20th anniversary and got a personally signed card from Marcus, the front Desk Supervisor with a personally signed card and gift. How cool is that? First class place to stay

• Stayed April 2014
Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel the last two visits to Baltimore. Due to my husband's health situation we have been visiting Johns Hopkins Hospital. He had to have serious and major surgery. I CANNOT say in enough words how very wonderful every single person was at this hotel. We are well traveled and used to a high standard of hotel. My family joined us the first round and the second trip was just the two of us. We still cannot believe the kindness, the care, the well wishes, the love that have come to us from the entire staff at this hotel starting from the front door with the doormen, the bellmen, to the entire front desk staff, to the restaurant staff including the cook, the servers, the reservation staff, the manager of operations, and the wonderful people that drove us back and forth to the hospital as part of the shuttle service. Upon our last return, we received the very same service, the same warm and friendly smiling faces reassuring us that everything will be alright as they did the very first time. These people have become friends and we cannot express our appreciation to all them .We strongly recommend this hotel with its very comfortable rooms and beautiful city views to anyone going to Baltimore and it is very convenient to JHH. To us it a 10 star hotel in so many ways!

Room Tip: corner rooms are large and sunny and offer beautiful city views
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am traveling with a special needs child for medical care in the area. The staff from the valet, housekeeping, front desk to sales have met every need that we had. Even when my daughter vomitted, I was left with extra sheets abs towels if she should get sick again. Well worth the value.

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had stayed here a few years back for a conference and I remembered I didn't like it but had to go to Baltimore on a one night business trip and figured it couldn't be that bad. I'm an SPG member and wanted to at least get some points....It's old, it felt empty and a little scary (coming back from the gym I almost felt as if someone was going to jump out at me), it's old and looks sort of dirty. Next time I'm in town I'll pass on the points and stay somewhere nicer. I definitely expect more from a Starwood property! I was on an SPG preferred floor, I can't even imagine what the other floors look like!

2 Thank abc713
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel itself was okay, but just okay. For the rates, I would have assumed they would offer a better experience. The young woman who checked us in was not very pleasant and seemed to consider us as a distraction. When we arrived to the room, we were astounded by just the overall state of it. It seemed outdated and just not comfortable. It even had chipped paint (pics), old carpet and dirty tiles in the bathroom.

The bar in the hotel, Balto, was a good experience. The bartenders, waiters/waitresses and hosts were cordial and pleasant. In fact, we ate or drank at that bar every day of our stay. The food was pricy for THAT hotel but no different than a Sheraton in another major city.

No shuttle to the airport. Actually, when asking about shuttle service, or just general transportation to the airport, several employees seemed to surprise by our inquiries as if it were not their jobs to provide that type of information to us. They referred us to some local van service.

On one occasion, the same unpleasant young woman from check-in was joking around with another employee when we approached the counter. She said "hey". Nothing else. No "how can I help you", no professional greeting, nothing. Then when we turned to leave, she continued to play with her colleague.

Unbelievable