“Truly Wonderful”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boca Raton, Florida
“Truly Wonderful”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel the last two visits to Baltimore. Due to my husband's health situation we have been visiting Johns Hopkins Hospital. He had to have serious and major surgery. I CANNOT say in enough words how very wonderful every single person was at this hotel. We are well traveled and used to a high standard of hotel. My family joined us the first round and the second trip was just the two of us. We still cannot believe the kindness, the care, the well wishes, the love that have come to us from the entire staff at this hotel starting from the front door with the doormen, the bellmen, to the entire front desk staff, to the restaurant staff including the cook, the servers, the reservation staff, the manager of operations, and the wonderful people that drove us back and forth to the hospital as part of the shuttle service. Upon our last return, we received the very same service, the same warm and friendly smiling faces reassuring us that everything will be alright as they did the very first time. These people have become friends and we cannot express our appreciation to all them .We strongly recommend this hotel with its very comfortable rooms and beautiful city views to anyone going to Baltimore and it is very convenient to JHH. To us it a 10 star hotel in so many ways!

Room Tip: corner rooms are large and sunny and offer beautiful city views
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I am traveling with a special needs child for medical care in the area. The staff from the valet, housekeeping, front desk to sales have met every need that we had. Even when my daughter vomitted, I was left with extra sheets abs towels if she should get sick again. Well worth the value.

• Stayed March 2014
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I had stayed here a few years back for a conference and I remembered I didn't like it but had to go to Baltimore on a one night business trip and figured it couldn't be that bad. I'm an SPG member and wanted to at least get some points....It's old, it felt empty and a little scary (coming back from the gym I almost felt as if someone was going to jump out at me), it's old and looks sort of dirty. Next time I'm in town I'll pass on the points and stay somewhere nicer. I definitely expect more from a Starwood property! I was on an SPG preferred floor, I can't even imagine what the other floors look like!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank abc713
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The hotel itself was okay, but just okay. For the rates, I would have assumed they would offer a better experience. The young woman who checked us in was not very pleasant and seemed to consider us as a distraction. When we arrived to the room, we were astounded by just the overall state of it. It seemed outdated and just not comfortable. It even had chipped paint (pics), old carpet and dirty tiles in the bathroom.

The bar in the hotel, Balto, was a good experience. The bartenders, waiters/waitresses and hosts were cordial and pleasant. In fact, we ate or drank at that bar every day of our stay. The food was pricy for THAT hotel but no different than a Sheraton in another major city.

No shuttle to the airport. Actually, when asking about shuttle service, or just general transportation to the airport, several employees seemed to surprise by our inquiries as if it were not their jobs to provide that type of information to us. They referred us to some local van service.

On one occasion, the same unpleasant young woman from check-in was joking around with another employee when we approached the counter. She said "hey". Nothing else. No "how can I help you", no professional greeting, nothing. Then when we turned to leave, she continued to play with her colleague.

Unbelievable

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel recently and had a great experience. The room was nice, clean and bright. The hotel itself was very nice and added to my stay. The employees all went above and beyond to ensure I had a great stay. In particular, Santia Singh, Tammy Oglesby, and Cliff Carrol did a phenomenal job. They all truly added to my experience with their friendly personalities and professional demeanor.

Room Tip: We went for the king size bed and it was great! We also had a corner suite which had beautiful sunny...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore City Hotel and was very satisfied with my stay. Jewel D at the front desk was quick and efficient checking me in. She explained all the charges and truly gave me the service Starwood represents. When I left today I was delighted at the lobby by Pat the manager thanking me for my stay and Kieth the bellman quick to be of service if needed. I would recommend anyone to stay here it was delightful.

Jason

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Tucson
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The only thing going for this hotel is the bed (Starwood always has great beds) and the in-room Starbucks coffee. My room had curtains that wouldn't shut all the way, moldy access panels, and windows that we're not sealed properly with parts of the sealant and window haphazardly left on its ledge. At least the main room was clean and had everything you would expect from a Sheraton. I would say its a 2.5 just slightly below average.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business