“Much better than most reviews lead me to believe” 4 of 5 bubbles

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
MSALLEN
“Much better than most reviews lead me to believe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I almost did not book here because of the other reviews on this site, but the hotel seems to have become aware of problems. I love my room and have been treated very well as a platinum SPG member. Larhonda Wilson was especially helpful at the dinner service today in the club lounge. The room is a bit tight but the bed is super comfortable and my only beef with the room is that I do not have a bathtub. The showerr is fine but say goodbye to the relaxing bath after work. The staff has been super friendly and attentive to my needs. the gym is great. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: stay as an spg rewards member
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear MSALLEN,

I want to take the time to thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. Your recognition of the efforts of our staff to satisfy our guests is much appreciated. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. I apologize for our King sized rooms not having bath tub. I would like to note that our King sized rooms were constructed with stand in showers. If you would like to have a bathtub, please try one of our double bed rooms. They come equipped with two full sized beds, a full sized bath tub, and all of your amenities. The highlights about your experience in our Club Lounge are much appreciated. I see that you also had the pleasure to meet Larhonda Wilson, our Club Lounge Attendant, and that she was able to anticipate your needs. We hope that you will return again soon to enjoy our services again.

Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I have stayed at the city center for about three months for business. And I have only good things to say about the hotel and the people. Brandan is alway going a little further to make my stay go as smooth as possible. Larhonda is always comforting, smiling, and friendly face after work in the club lounge. They have made staying here a pleasure.

C. Paik.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Paikchris
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Dear Paikchris,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I appreciate your feedback. I am glad to see that Brandan and Larhonda made your stay with us so smooth. It warms my heart to see that you were treated like family. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time at our property. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

Good location and a very clean, well-kept hotel with friendly staff. You cannot beat the price.

I will say the biggest downfall to this hotel and apparently all Sheratons is the "incidental charge" that will show up on your bank account. For this hotel it is $50 but I have googled other locations and have seen that it goes up to 75-100 depending on where you are! This is PER NIGHT. My biggest complaint is that this is in very fine print on the website and the staff will not tell you about the charge at check-in or check-out.

I contacted the front desk when I noticed this charge shortly after my check-out and the woman explained to me there was a sign at the front desk. I did not see a sign (it was probably one of those post-card size signs they put near the check-in counter). I am generally a very observant person and my friends did not see a sign either. I said it would be nice if they told us this during check-in or check-out - just so there wouldn't be a "oh suprise - $50 is missing." Sadly, she only stated this is the policy and is on the website and on a sign at the counter. It will take approx. 5-10 business days for this money to get back into my account...which seems like a while since house keeping was ready to clean my room as I was leaving.

I know other hotels hold your card information for incidental charges...I had no idea the Sheraton charges your card "just in case."

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Kristen T,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel and staff. You were right by saying that you should have been told about incidental charges or authorizations to your card at check in. Your feedback will help us to better train our front desk associates with the proper verbage that should be given during the check in and check out processes. You were also correct by saying that the "Credit/Debit Card Policy" should be visible at the front desk. I will make sure that these signs will be properly placed. I will also pass on to housekeeping that they should be more patient with our guests while they are preparing to check out. I do apologize if it seemed like you were being rushed when housekeeping was waiting for you to vacate your room. Nobody should ever feel that way when traveling. We enjoy having our guests and making sure that they have a pleasant stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel and I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay. We hope that you will return again soon to enjoy our services again.

Ebensburg, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have stayed at this property many times over the years in its previous incarnations but this is the first time since it became a Sheraton. We always use Hotwire or Priceline so we may not be getting the best rooms, but they have always been comfortable, but small. I can't say if they are all small but we have never had a larger one. Our room was clean and has been freshened with newer paint and furniture and a bathroom rework. Interestingly, the tub was removed and replaced with a large shower in the same space. That's fine by me, but it would be interesting to know if they are all like that. The staff was professional and very nice. We used the valet parking and it was very easy. The location is good for the Inner Harbor, Charles Street and downtown, the arena and the convention center. And not too bad for the stadiums.

Room Tip: Hotwire had a great last minute price for the two rooms that I booked. Not so sure that will get yo...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cambria5,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate that you returned. I see that you like to book through Hotwire or Priceline. I would like for you to know that no matter what venue you use to book, we treat all of our guests with the same respect. Even when using a third party company to book at our hotel, you still have the option to elevate your experience by upgrading to a larger room at the same upgrade fee as all of our guests. Since we have changed to a different brand in recent years, our king rooms do have stand in showers, but our rooms with two full sized beds do have bathtubs. If you would like to request a bathtub, please try one of our double bed rooms. Our double bed rooms have two signature Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds and modern decor. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time at our property. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope to see you again soon.

Annapolis, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

I spent several nights at Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel recently and was so impressed with the hotel. In the heart of Baltimore and convenient to everything, or a short taxi or walk away, this hotel was clean, well-run and SO FRIENDLY! The entire staff -- from the valets, and bellmen, to the front desk and everyone in between made my stay a memorable one. I ordered room service several times for either breakfast or dinner, or both. The food was delicious, hot, beautifully prepared and served (thank you Alicia and Joe!!!) and the order was always correct. Not only that but they would call to follow up once the food was delivered to make sure all was well.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay at this hotel again if I'm in Baltimore in the future. Furthermore, I would highly recommend it to anyone planning a trip to that city.

Thank you Sheraton Baltimore City Center!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Naptown52,

I want to take the time to thank you for your wonderful feedback about our hotel. Your recognition of the efforts of our staff to satisfy our guests is much appreciated. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. I am glad to see that the services provided by our staff left such a wonderful impression. Thank you for recognizing Alicia and Joe from Room Service. I am glad to see that their efforts made your dining experiences memorable. We hope that you will return again soon to enjoy our services again.

Daytona Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

After reading some of the other reviews, my husband and I were a little nervous when we received this hotel via Hotwire, but we have nothing but rave reviews. The service and staff were great, the room was a little small but all we needed, water was hot, heat worked wonderfully, facilities were clean. We had a great view over a little park. The valet was a little pricey, but totally worth the convenience. We had drinks/apps at the bar and the bartender was super friendly -- had plenty of positive things to say about Baltimore which was helpful bc we may be moving to the area. We also participated in the $5/day f&b credit in exchange for no housekeeping-great idea for both sides. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear lheld1023,

Thank you for your gracious feedback. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our staff and Baltimore. I am also happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our "Make a Green Choice" program. It benefits our hotel and our guests. I hope that you will have a wonderful time when you decide to move to Baltimore, and we would love to see you again. Please, visit us after you get settled in. Good luck on your move, and thank you for staying with us!

Sheraton Baltimore City Center
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

I remember these names because these staffers really made this a great stay:

From Katie at the front desk, who was ever-so pleasant + helpful + PATIENT (I had many questions about the hotel's services and spec's),

To Alicioy and Joe at Room Service; she made sure the order was set to my liking and was a joy to speak with, and he brought the delicious Grilled Chicken Sanwiches in record speed, still piping hot, and with steady hands and a genuine smile.

Thank you all, Sheraton Baltimore City Center! I was staying here to accompany a family member for medial treatment nearby, and all the wonderful staff made this as smooth and as comfortable as possible.

To whoever made those chicken sandwiches: Mom and I agreed that those were literally the BEST chicken sandwiches EVER--and she doesn't like meat and I'm a steak guy. (we ordered them because they sounded good in print on the menu).

Lastly, this is a CLEAN and classy hotel. If we ever come back to Baltimore, there is no question at all where we'll be staying....

And what we'll be eating.

Room Tip: The Sleep Quality and Location being average is not on the hotel. There were sirens in the night...
Green Features: They have green practices in place. Including $$-equivalent incentives for guests who pitch in by minimizing everyday laundering. Good policy.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steve C,

I really enjoyed reading your review and feedback, and I thank you. I am excited to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for recognizing Katie, from our Front Desk. It is great that she was patient with you. Thank you for also recognizing Aicia and Joe from our Room Service. I am glad that they gave you excellent service while taking your order and delivering your meal. I will be sure to let our chefs know that you enjoyed your chicken sandwiches from our Room Service menu. They will be happy to know that you really liked the chicken sandwiches. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Sheraton Baltimore City Center