“Tired, Dated Hotel”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #43 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 14, 2013

This is a typical, dilapidated Sheraton. The common areas and sleeping rooms need a total renovation. The bathrooms in the common areas and the sleeping rooms are not pleasant. The front desk always seemed to be staffed by one overworked person--not a great greeting. Support staff in all other areas of the hotel went out of the way to be friendly and helpful. Given the food choice and quality, it is best to eat elsewhere if possible. I would not stay here by choice, although it is certainly not the worst hotel one could stay at.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from the elevators and ice machine and was given a room next to the el...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Edward B, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2014

Dear 3-fl-oz-com,

I hope this message finds you well.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us feedback from your most recent stay. I understand that you were disappointed with the decor of the hotel, and the food in the restaurant. We apologize for your dissatisfaction.

At the Sheraton, we pride ourselves in our ability to create memorable moments and excellent experiences. We highly appreciate your feedback as it will help us with becoming better at what we do. I know that we can do better, and I want to show you that we appreciate you as a guest and patron. Your comment about updating and renovating will be taken into consideration by our management team. I would also like to apologize for the "food choice and quality" at our restaurant. We are working to make our hotel and restaurant better, and we are open to any suggestions that you may have to help us reach our goal. We want to improve our guests' experiences. Let us restore your faith in The Sheraton Baltimore City Center.

Please know that we have taken your feedback seriously, and will use it to amend our processes as we aim to create the perfect experience for our guests here at the Sheraton City Center Baltimore. This is not an example of the best we have to offer, but I hope you consider us for a future stay so that we can show you the best experience possible.

Ed Brogan
Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (2,102)

Reviewed November 13, 2013

There is nothing better than quality club lounge service, especially when you are on a long term travel project for work. Larhonda Wilson always made sure to ask if i needed my food heated up if I was working out after 8PM or would offer to have a small plate waiting for me when I returned. This small gesture was greatly appreciated. .

The valet staff are also very attentive and polite. My car is often waiting for me in the morning before I drive to work, which has been a huge plus as the weather gets colder.

Also, the probelm of cold water in the morning seems to have been solved.

Room Tip: Corner rooms tend to be a little cramped - especially the space between the bed and your desk.

Dear Andrew S,

Thank you for your feedback about our hotel. The highlights about your experience in our Club Lounge are much appreciated. The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority. I am glad to see that you enjoyed our Club Lounge and the ideal atmosphere for work it provided for you. I see that you also had the pleasure to meet Larhonda Wilson, our Club Lounge Attendant, and that she was able to anticipate your needs. We hope that you will return again soon to enjoy our services again. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your time at our property. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we hope that you will stay with us again.

Ed Brogan
Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was reluctant to stay here because of the reviews and price, but gave it a try. When walking up to the hotel I was actually frightened as it appeared that most of the rooms were abandoned. But the entrance was on the other side of the street. My check-in was frustrating. I had booked a king and when I got to the room it was right between the elevators and had 2 queen beds. In addition I could hear the ice machine quite loudly in the hallway. It took the front desk awhile to get me another room but I was persistent that I didn't want to be near the elevators or the ice machine.
The hotel is definitely dated and quite beat up. Lots of nicks, spots, and scratches all over, but the room itself wasn't horrible. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean. There weren't many outlets if you have a lot of electronics. With a well selected room it was a good nights sleep. In the morning I noticed there was an ambient noise machine next to the bed.
The fitness center was dated and many of the treadmills and bike needed some tune-up but I had the whole place to myself. I was on the club level and checked out the lounge. There was a decent vegetable platter and an espresso machine. The attendant was very pleasant and an well stocked bar. Went back to the lounge again at breakfast and although not great there were adequate options.
I was in Baltimore for work and spent little time in the room, for the price (about half of other hotels in town) it was definitely worth the money. If you aren't look for a sleek modern setting but a bargain I recommend

Room Tip: Don't be near the ice machine
Reviewed November 8, 2013

The general staff tried very hard, but really this hotel is outdated, badly and only partially renovated, and does not have the amenities I expect from a hotel that charges between $130 and $160 per night. I was there for a conference, and everyone with the special event staff was confused and disorganized. I never felt confident that things would be handled correctly, then I was proven right when they completely mishandled and lost (!) my company's tradeshow booth equipment. Before we even arrived, I had a feeling it would be disorganized because I had to call at least 5 times to talk to the special events staff before anyone ever bothered to talk to me. Voicemails went unanswered many times and the only time someone finally talked to me is when I called the Sheraton's general 1800 number and said that no one at the Baltimore City Center location would talk to me about the event. The next time anyone reached out to me was to get my credit card information to put on file for the event incidentals--so they struck me from the beginning as unresponsive until it was about getting paid. I will never return here, will never recommend anyone stay here, and I highly recommend that the renovations be taken more seriously. There's no light switch in the room except the bathroom, which makes checking in after dark pretty annoying. You have to fumble around in the dark looking for a lamp, then try to turn on the lamp--which is harder than it sounds because the switch was hidden. The iron in the room was cheap and I didn't trust it on my clothes. There were no trash bags in the trash cans. And I had no hot water my first morning there because of a busted pump. Then after it was fixed the hot water was luke warm at best if anyone near me was also taking a shower. The walls are thin. The carpet is gross. The restaurant and bar is not very clean, and the staff looked overworked and unmotivated, though they were friendly. There was nothing good about this stay except the fresh flowers in the lobby that make the place look a whole lot nicer than it really is. Tammy in guest services is a bright spot in a pretty miserable stay. There are nicer places to stay in Baltimore just a few blocks away, in the Inner Harbor. There's even another, nicer Sheraton!

Room Tip: Turn the bathroom light on when you enter your room or you will trip over the furniture looking for...
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Delois Eggleston was a treat to deal with during my conference meals. She was very professional, kind, considerate and very good at her job. Due to the excellent service I received from this wonderful employee (Delois Eggleston I will recommend this establishment for any conferences that I am part of for years to come

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was somewhat disappointed in the hotel facility since there were two days I didn't have hot water and my bed linens were stained. However, the staff made up for the deficits of the building. I greatly appreciated the helpfulness of Tammy in guest services, Michelle in housekeeping and DeLois in Banquets. Our conference coordinators Diane & Terry were excellent. Also, the banquet/set-up staff of Deante, Will, Montaze, Shannon, & Darrell took great care of us. Also, Tom and Brian with the AV company made our lives much easier during the meeting. I would recommend this location to other simply because of the people you get to work with while on site.

Room Tip: I enjoyed my corner room with the extra space and great view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 5, 2013

As a SPG Platinum member this is definitely one of my favorite properties for business travel to Baltimore, good location convenient to restaurants. The Club Lounge in this hotel is definitely guest friendly. Larhonda Wilson in particular is one staff member who truly makes my stays more enjoyable and keeps me coming back. Excellent customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business