“Tired and dumpy hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Tired and dumpy hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in September 2013. The Club floor was closed because of some plumbing problems, so they gave us a room that was small, dark and dumpy. The rooms need updating and were not very clean. There was a broken cookie on the floor by our elevator. It was there for 2 days before someone cleaned it up!
The few nice and helpful people were the bartender and the valet guys. Very nice! We have relatives in Baltimore, so will definitely choose another hotel next time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Traveler A
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Traveler A,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Please accept our apologies for some of the issues you had during your recent visit. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Early in September we had to replace a pump that provided water to our high floors which are our Club Rooms. We realize that we disappointed many of our guests during this time and for that we are so sorry. However, there is simply no excuse for the cleanliness issues you encountered. Rest assured that I will address this with our entire Housekeeping Team.

The hotel will be undergoing some renovations in late 2014. We expect these renovations to make a very positive impact.

Once again, please accept our apologies, and please call me personally if you would like to come back to the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel for a future stay.

Maryann White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 10, 2013

What most inspired me to write this review was the excellent service that I received in the bar and high quality of the food and beverages. The atmosphere in the bar was so inviting especially with the kind greeting and warmth from the manager, Angela. She set the whole positive tone for the bar atmosphere. The bartenders, Ben and Mike were also excellent and they were excellent at conversation. They were truly interested in what you had to say and it was obvious that they enjoyed being there. There were two other bartenders (one younger female and one younger male with a young son) who also worked while I was there and their names escape me but they were equally excellent in their professional demeanor and service to my husband and me. I never write reviews but I wanted to highlight these wonderful individuals because they made my time there very enjoyable and I'd like for you to share in the same experience.

Dear Paula,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel about your experience in our Restaurant Balto Tavern and Tap. I was ecstatic to hear how special Angela, Ben and Mike made your entire experience. Our Food & Beverage Team was so pleased to hear that they made your evening feel special for both you and your husband. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the rest of the Hotel staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that Angela, Ben & Mike was able to carry out this promise.

Please contact us the next time you plan to visit the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Being at the Sheraton for the past few days was like sipping on my favorite glass of Chardonnay. I felt at peace, the customer service was excellent, the hotel provided me with everything I needed as a business travler. They offered printing in the lobby, a notary, high speed wifi, all the way down to something as simple as a paper clip. The room service was curteous, polite, and timely. I was very impressed with the service and how willing everyone was to assist. I am so pleased to have had the pleasure to stay at this Sheraton. Hats off to the front desk, Bell Service, The Sales Manager, Pat, and everyone who made my stay phenomenal. My room was comfortable, clean and the beds were super comfortable.

Room Tip: I like the higher up rooms so that you can get a good view of the city.
Dear Karisizm,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I was ecstatic to hear how much you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel and how you compared it to sipping on a glass of your favorite Chardonnay. It was so nice of you to point out the exceptional service of Room Service, Housekeeping, Bell Staff and Pat from our Sales Department. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need anything.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 1, 2013

As a business traveler for more than to year to Baltimore I always return to the Sheraton City Center for several reasons, staff is always helpful and friendly, rooms are comfortable and the Lounge is really great, Larhonda really makes a difference with the superb care she takes while visiting the club, she remembers the preferences of food and drinks, keep up the good work and will continue to be a loyal guest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
juan w, Hotel Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear JHONCASTRO:

Thank you for your response and sharing your feedback regarding the Sheraton Baltimore City Center. We appreciate your loyalty to the Sheraton and we value you as a repeat guest. LaRhonda is exceptional and we are fortunate to have her. She enjoys catering to our every guest, but takes personal pride in catering to our premier guests. I will be sure to share your feedback with LaRhonda and the entire team. It is good to see our team recognized as being friendly and accomodating. We look forward to your continued support of our property. Thank you again. Please let us know if we can ever be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Great hotel and central location next to the harbour. Very very friendly and helpful staff and rooms very comfortable. Starbucks coffee facilities available in the rooms would stay again. Room service quick and reasonable priced

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Scottydon:

Thank you for listing your review. Looks like you had a great time in Baltimore and we are very pleased that we could be a part of your positive memories. Our staff has a reputation to maintain, but it is still good to read how well they treated our guests. The title of your review "fantastic" is a wonderful way to start off a review and I was excited to read your comments. We hope that you will consider us for your next trip to the area. If there is any way we can enhance your next experience at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center, please contact me or the Guest Services Team and we will be happy to assist. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Laguna Beach, California
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I travel a lot for work and I have stayed at the best hotels around the country. The Sheraton Baltimore City Center does not have the best room I have stayed in BUT they do have THE BEST customer service ever and that made all off the difference! They make it so easy to stay here! I have been here 5 nights and I have not wanted for anything...you want and they deliver...Candice (Cashier), Pat (Cashier), Carlton (Server), Joe (Server), Eddie (Server) and Shawnta (Server)...these people are the reason I would stay here again! Thanks to each of you!! I almost hate to leave ;)

Room Tip: I am a light sleeper and requested a room in a quiet area with one shared wall and they were most ac...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear LagunaTravelBabe:

Looks like you had an amazing time here in Baltimore. I have already spoken with all of the individual associates you mentioned in your review. We all are thankful that you took the time to share your feedback. These associates that make up the room service department are often mentioned with positive praise from our guest. They help raise the bar for other associates and continue to upgrade the level of service we offer. I can appreciate a solid review from a seasoned traveler. The honesty and intergrity of your remarks set the tone of your review and we all are thankful for your time and attention towards giving potential guests a snapshot of our property.

Princeton, NJ USA
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Had a bit of a mixup with the booking and getting a room and once checked in I opened the door to a tiny - and I mean tiny - room. We didn't plan on spending much time in the room so didn't make a fuss. It was clean and that's really all I required. What really made this place shine was Angela down in the restaurant/bar. What a fun lady!! After exploring the harbor and visiting the restaurants bars, we were happy just to get back to the hotel to have fun with Angela. She is a Sheraton treasure.

Room Tip: If all of the rooms on the 4th floor are like ours, ask for another floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LMSY2013:

Thank you for your review. I believe in the old catch phrase “its now about how you start, but how you finish”. In your case, I am glad to read that Angela has done an exceptional job in recovering from your initial experience. We take pride in satisfying our guests and you would be no exception. In our business, the most loyal and lasting relationships evolve from an initial service failure. Associates like Angela make impressions on guest that encourage them to return. We did make note of your concerns with the size of the rooms on your floor and will look to upgrade you upon your return if you are looking for more space. As you mentioned, cleanliness and great service are our targets to hit and we will stand behind those controllable areas. We are so grateful that you enjoyed Angela and more grateful that she turned your stay around. We look forward to your return at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center in the near future.

Best Regards,