Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #44 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've stayed at this Sheraton quite a few times over the last decade. During this most recent visit it was very clear that the hotel is in need of major renovation. While the lobby looks like it recently was renovated the north tower is in bad shape. Everywhere I looked in the common areas the furniture was chipped, the walls scratched, the carpets worn. My room on the SPG level was not much better. By mistake I stepped with my bare feet on the carpet - the carpet felt like it had decades of dirt and spilled drinks on it. The bed was uncomfortable and the shower curtain had stains. On the last night I was there the people in the room next to mine brought in their large barking dog. When I checked out I was told that pets are limited to the 2nd floor - clearly a policy that is not enforced since we were on the 11th floor. It makes me wonder what else might have been "spilled" on the carpeting of my room. The only reason that I am giving this hotel an "average" rating is because of its proximity to the inner harbor. All and all a disappointing experience.

1  Thank DP4275
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear DP,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you had with your guestroom and the carpet. There is no excuse for the condition of the carpet as the hotel has an extensive shampoo program in place. We also apologize for the barking dog. This hotel has a dog waiver in place and yes we do limit dogs to the 2nd floor. At times, there are guests that fail to register the dog and the front desk has no idea of this when registering them. We do have a firm policy but unfortunately we find that some guests do not abide by this. Our waiver also stipulates that if their dog disturbs another guest, they are responsible for any and all compensation. Early 2014, the guestrooms will undergo a renovation.

This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to apologize to you personally and see that if you are traveling to Baltimore again so that I can see that you receive our best guestroom.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights at the Sheraton City Center. There were 4 of us - including me, my husband, mother and son. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was updated and clean. the beds werer very comfortable. We stayed on the third floor, overlooking the roof and an alley - not too scenic! There was no fridge in the room and I found someone's dental floss on the bathroom floor. We asked for clean towels after the first night which we got. However, the maid never made our beds or emptied the trash and we were gone the entire day! The restaurant is pricey.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3rd floor, east side. You will overlook the roof and the alley across the street...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear LP,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you had with the housekeeping service for your room. I have forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper so that he can further look into this.

I am glad that you found your room and the beds to be very comfortable. Next time you visit please contact me directly and I will see that you receive a room on a high floor with great city views.

We hope to welcome you back to the Sheraton soon.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

I was recently in Baltimore for a week to attend a conference. There was a problem with my room type after checking in, but the front desk staff quickly resolved my issue & upgraded my room as part of the resolution. I had access to club level based on my corporate reservation, and was looking forward to see how well their club room stacked up compared to others I've been to. Club room size was on the small to medium size, and amenities were limited; but the hostess Larhonda Wilson was fantastic - in the top 2 of hostesses I've had the pleasure to meet. She went out of her way to make my time in the club lounge enjoyable, and would be a strong factor for me choosing to come back to this hotel in the future.

Dear Joe,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Thank you so much for recognizing the exceptional service that Larhonda provided you in our Club Lounge. Rest assured that she will be recognized for her efforts. We receive many compliments on her service and we are fortunate to have her as a member of our Team here at the Sheraton.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that Larhonda was able to do this for you.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This hotel was very good except for a couple of items. The lobby is nice and my room was in great shape. The staff was very friendly as well. On the down side, a lot of the cardio equipment in the fitness room was not in good shape. Either the screens weren't working, or they weren't powered up at all. Also, at some point in the last year they closed self parking under the hotel and instead they direct guests to a parking garage across the street. While this garage is very close (literally across the street), you will still need to go outside to return to the hotel - definitely not as convenient as when they self-park garage was under the hotel.

Overall, I was happy with my stay, but I could have been more satisfied, especially if the gym equipment was in better shape.

Room Tip: Go for a high room to minimize traffic noise from the street. If you can get a club room - take it.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear AJ,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention. Please accept our apologies for the issues you had with some of the cardio equipment in our Fitness Center. We have placed a service call to Life Fitness and they will be here tomorrow to make all the necessary repairs.

I was so happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and found the staff to be friendly.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We had a lovely time at the Sheraton City Center in Baltimore. The staff was helpful and friendly. The room was comfortable and clean and we enjoyed nice views of the city from all our windows (we had a corner room). It was also very nice to have a fridge in our room. We were on the club level, so access to the club lounge was nice to have. We also enjoyed being able to use the hotel car service (as opposed to cabs) - the drivers were very friendly and provided timely service. Overall it was a great place to stay for a weekend in Baltimore.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear AJ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. We were so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your spacious corner room with the great city views and that you found the microwave and refrigerator a nice perk. I am so glad you enjoyed being on the club level and that you enjoyed the 24 hour access to the Club Lounge.

We were also thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the car service provided by American Freedom and how much you enjoyed their friendly service.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel is near the convention center and the Inner Harbor and is acceptable. My room was small and in need of an upgrade to the furniture and I got an upgrade because of my SPG Gold status. The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Travel Now 61,

I was happy to hear that you found the bed comfortable. The hotel will be undergoing a renovation in early 2014.

Please contact me directly at the hotel if you plan to visit Baltimore in the near future so I can see you receive a larger room.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

I got this hotel through bidding on Priceline because I wasn't particular about the location--just wanted it in the Inner Harbor area since I was seeing a concert at Rams Head Live. As far as the location to Rams Head, it was only about a 10 minute walk or less. It's right across the street from 1st Mariner Arena. I used the advice from other fellow tripadvisors to use the parking garage which was about $14. The rooms were small and just an awkward set up... bathroom had a funky smell but it did have a microwave and small fridge. Overall this hotel served its purpose which was a close place to crash after a concert!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear RV3,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you had with your bathroom. We were glad to hear that your found the location convenient and that you enjoyed the microwave and refrigerator in your room.

Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would like to apologize to you personally and find out your room number so that we can correct this issue. I look forward to hearing from you soon.