“Great Service for Your Business Needs in the City”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We arrived at 9 pm after a long drive. The valet immediately helped us in a friendly manner and unloaded the car. The front desk was very prompt and pleasant, as was the bellman who took the luggage to our two rooms. The hotel honored my request to give us connecting or adjacent rooms, and upgraded us to a corner. One room was a junior suite that connected to another room. The hallways showed more wear and tear than I expected, but the rooms were in better condition. The shower without a tub was nice as it felt much bigger. In the morning we were greeted by staff in the lobby who directed us to the restaurant for breakfast, which was standard food and what I'd expect. I will say the street noise is very loud most of the night. We were on the 5th floor, but I doubt higher up would be much better since the sound just bounces off the buildings. Overall a standard Sheraton that could use some upgrades but with very good service. Close to Johns Hopkins hospital.

Room Tip: Corner rooms provide a fair amount of extra space. Try for higher up in the hope of lessening the s...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Fly Right,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you enjoyed the service by every staff member you encountered and that you found the corner rooms to be spacious. I can agree that at times the street noise can be a distraction but higher floors are much better. The hotel does provide sound machines in every room and they are equipped with ten soothing sounds. You will be happy to know that the hotel will undergo a renovation later in the year.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor

Reviewed January 31, 2013

When I arrived at the Sheraton on a Sunday evening, I was tired and not feeling well. I was greeted by Dhafi who assisted with my luggage and valet parking. I am grateful for the excellent service provided by Dhafi which made my trip more enjoyable. Thank You.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Mark,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the service provided by Dhafi.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are were thrilled to hear how much Dhafi impressed you with his customer service skills. Rest assured that I will share you comments with him.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Overall just a normal business hotel located right in the heart of the city. Perfect location for me as my meeting was right across the street. Hotel hallways are a bit outdated, but the rooms is nice and comfortable. With SPG gold status they upgraded me to a corner room which was really nice and spacious. Breakfast during the week was only ala carte and typical hotel style,, expensive and so-so. There is a 7-11 not too far away which has alot of snack options too. I would probably stay at the Sheraton again for the friendly service and close proximity to my meetings.

Room Tip: Corner room
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear A4Turbo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay . We were happy to hear how much you enjoyed the location and the friendly and efficient service provided by the staff.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please let me know if we can do anything to make your future stays more enjoyable.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife has asthma. This is a no smoking hotel. We reported smelling cigarette smoke this Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday to their front desk. We were staying on a Club floor. On Saturday her attack was so bad that EMS had to come to our room. Smoke was overwhelming across ten floors - yes I was looking for the source. Management didn't take this as an important issue. We finally got moved but there was no effort to comp us for this disaster. A security guard made an effort on Friday, but we had extreme problems on Saturday!
Setting this aside, our room on the club floor was great, in all other areas the staff was attentive and responsive.

Note: this hotel is very near a major firehouse and two hospitals. You WILL hear sirens! The hotel offers free ear plugs and has ambient noise generators in each room if you want to mask the outside with indoors ocean, rain, or other sounds.

Room Tip: The one night not on the club floor showed us that there are slight quality down grades.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
juan w, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

On behalf of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the highest standard of hospitality; we genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guest. Consequently, it’s disappointing to hear about the complications during your stay.

I want you to know that the comments we receive from our guest are taken seriously. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. Please be assured that all issues that you have brought to our attention have been addressed, and the appropriate actions have been taken. We take pride in our hotel, and do our best to prevent problems from recurring. Therefore, I'd like you to give us another chance by staying with us again during your next visit to Baltimore.

Please contact us to further discuss your recent stay and opportunities to recover from your experience. Thank you for your time and feedback as you have truly provided us an opportunity to improve the operation. We look forward to hearing your response. A Manager on Duty is always available to discuss by calling the hotel directly.

Best Regards,

Juan A Webster
Hotel Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We recently attended a Dive Trade Show at the Sheraton City Center. From the moment we walked in the door, everyone who worked there was amazing. No matter what staff I ran into during our three day stay, they spoke to me, smiled and asked how I was doing. The rooms had the great amenities and beds were super comfortable. Great hotel, great service

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the Dive Show and your room accommodations this past weekend. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time and that you found the service provided by everyone to be top notch.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

High hopes for Sheraton services arranging a family reunion between Christmas and New Years. Admittedly there were two people paying for 6 family units arriving and departing on different days but we also had one contact person who sent us email confirmations that were correct. Imagine our surprise when the front desk informed us that since the two people with email confirmation of arrival on the 29th of Dec did not arrive on the 28th,, they'd cancelled the reservations. Happily, they were able to provide rooms and we confirmed those two rooms were for one night only. Original reservations had three of us departing on the 30th. When I went to check us out, front desk informed me that one of the one night rooms was scheduled to stay an additional day. When I explained the reservations we'd arranged, she sighed and said she'd "try" to not charge us for "early departure". Honestly, what a mess! Add to this that service in the restaurant was desultory, and the food mediocre. Many staff were perfectly nice, but honestly, who needs this sort of persistent hassle?

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
juan w, Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for providing us with feedback to improve our operation. I apologize that we failed to neither meet nor exceed your expectations throughout the duration of your stay. The holidays should be happy times and I regret that we could not create a hassle free experience. I have taken the feedback listed and shared with the operations and reservations teams so that we can ensure our systems are improved. The behavior of the associate listed who sighed is totally unacceptable and not the Sheraton way. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise. If you ever find yourself in the Baltimore area again, we would appreciate another opportunity to provide you with the service we are capable of delivering from start to finish. In the meantime, I am available to further discuss at your convenience. Thank you and we hope to hear from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Juan A Webster
Hotel Manager
Sheraton Baltimore City Center

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Great location for exploring the city. The service was friendly, the room was clean, and the beer was cheap on Sunday. The bed was comfortable, the shower hot, and we upgraded to large corner king room with a fan that drowned out the street noise and thin walls. Breakfast was good, and the exercise room / outdoor pool look nice. The light rail ($1.65 from from BWI) stops within blocks, and there's easy access to the Charm City Circulator (free bus) - purple and yellow lines http://www.charmcitycirculator.com/ The outside of the building is gritty - as is the neighborhood, but it has promise. The hotel need a face lift, but we got a good deal and we'd stay here again. BTW - Pratt Street Ale house and J Paul's (Inner harbor) both served good food and drink.

Room Tip: Our corner room on the north side was large with lots of light.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lucky,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your corner room and the location of the hotel to many different great venues that the City of Baltimore offers. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and feel free to contact us if their is anything we can do to make your stay more enhoyable.