“Walking distance to everything :)” 3 of 5 stars

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #38 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Princeton, New Jersey
“Walking distance to everything :)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hotel is withing walking distance to harbor, stadiums, etc. Valet parked the car and didn't use it for 3 days! Room was clean - rm 1013 - a bit on the small size, bathroom very small - but nonetheless clean. I read some reviews the area is "BAD", please keep in mind this is a large city - as with all large cities - there are good areas and better areas and just some areas you don't walk through at night. I was with my 24 yr old son and we walked everywhere, both day and night. Price was wonderful as I grabbed through hotwire - paid what you would pay for Red Roof or hotel in that category. Bellman, front desk, lounge all helpful and never made you wait. Yes, the hallways and rooms could use some updating - not terrible but a bit dated. I also read check in at 4:00 and they wouldn't budge, we checked in a little earlier with no problem and our checkout was noon, which was a pleasure! Bed was comfy, down pillows, comforter and down blanket.

Room Tip: Don't pay full price - select through one of the hotel discount sites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank exmazz
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear ExMazz,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you and your son had a wonderful time during your recent stay. It was nice to hear how clean you found your guestroom and also how much you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds.

Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise. Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please call us if you ever need anything. By the way, thanks for the heads up on the 4:00 p.m. check in time as we found the Expedia Website to be incorrect. We have submitted the paperwork so that they can change it to 3:00 p.m.

Wishing you and your Family a Very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving Holiday.

Maryann White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Carrboro, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This hotel is in a pretty bad location in Baltimore...have to walk a bit for restaurants, bars, or anything really. On top of that, they have an absurd check-in policy ... 4pm and when I arrived they were absolutely unwilling to budge on that at all. Check-out was at 11am, so be aware that a daily rate is really about 19 hours worth of use of a room. I have no idea why it takes them 5 hours to prepare a room. Some places on their website suggest that wi-fi is free but it's actually $10 a day once you get there (come on).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Michael G
Dear Michael,

Please accept our apologies for the issues that you had with check in and check out times. Our standard is 3:00 p.m. check in and Noon check out. If you would kindly call me with details of what website you booked through, I can investigate to see where this information needs to be corrected. Our sheraton webpage is correct and our front office team is always happy to check a guest in at any hour as long as we have vacant and clean rooms provided the hotel wasnt sold out the night before. If this wasnt the case with you, I would like to know so that I can take corrective actions with that staff member.

My only surprised was to hear you say that there weren't any restaurants/bars located near the hotel. We are two blocks from the Convention Center and 4 blocks from Inner Harbor. Right down Charles Street ( one block) is an abundance of Pubs/Restaurants if you walk in the opposite direction of the Waterfront. I walk myself very often to many of these places.

I would love to speak to you personally, so please feel free to call me anytime directly at the hotel.

Wishing you and your family a Very Happy and Healthy Thanksgiving,

Redwood City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I had a very pleasant service - at the front desk, the bellman, in the restaurant. But the fixtures are looking pretty worn out - particularly on the lobby level. My room, on the other hand, was clean, comfortable, and very pleasant.

Room Tip: I was there at the same time as a large conference and there were long lines at the elevators. The s...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Chris T
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Dear Chris,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention. We were very happy to hear that you found your guest room to be extremely clean and comfortable and that you enjoyed the good service provided by our front office and bell staff.

In the spring of 2013, the lobby will be renovated along with other areas of the hotel. We are looking forward to offering a new improved Sheraton to our guests.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton hopes to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Hanover, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I went to Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel last week for my birthday. I informed the front desk that it was my birthday and they upgraded my room to a gorgeous corner room with all the trimmings. Santia at the front desk even left us a bottle of champagne and a personal birthday card. The staff was amazing and helpful in every way, the went above and beyond and we are so grateful. I will definitly be going back to see Santia, Carlos and Laverne! Thank you all!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kim B
Dear Kim,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I was estatic to hear how special Santia made your Birthday by giving you an upgraded room and sending champagne to make your Birthday extra special. It was also nice to hear that you enjoyed the service provided by Carlos at the Front Desk and from Laverne in the Restaurant. Rest assured that I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Sheraton in the near future. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need anything.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

In baltimore for a conference , but would never stay here again. From a 20 min hassle at check in, to a sadly tired room to being out into a black car that didn't know where it was going, I would advise any other choice

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank ellen s
Dear Ellen,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues that you had while checking in but even more disturbing was the transportation issue you endured when leaving the hotel. There is no excuse for what happened to you as a result of using American Freedom Car Service and the driver being lost. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you.

Please contact me directly at the hotel as I would llike to apologize to you personally and see that your transportation charge is refunded.

Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent the night here for a wedding held at the hotel.

Hotel was really clean. The rooms were small, but really nice. The pillows were some of the best I have ever slept on in a hotel.

The hotel staff was great. The staff working the wedding were really great, super friendly and always smiling and just happy all the time. Like they were happy to be there.

The valet staff was friendly but be prepared to wait.

My only complaint, is that if you want bottled water or soda, bring your own. As far as we could tell, the only place in the hotel to get them, was the lobby store which is not open 24 hours and if memory serves me right, closed around maybe 8.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time during your recent stay. We were so happy to hear how much you enjoyed the beds and the pillows. I agree that the pillows here are spectacular.

It is always our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that we were able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please contact us if there is anything that you ever need.

Summit, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This property was well located in downtown and is close to the major Baltimore attractions. However, be judicious while wandering on foot in the evening, although I've lived in and been to lots of big cities, Downtown Baltimore had a larger than average number of derelicts and strung-out characters. If you want to save a bit on parking, there are a number of 24hr. garages within a block or two of the hotel that charge <$15 per day.

I've been to a number of Sheratons the last few years and the brand is in the process of renovating most of its properties. At this property the staff was friendly and the lobby nicely appointed, but the south tower room we were given (even as an SPG Gold member) was small, and in need of updating.

There wasn't anything glaringly in need of repair, the room was clean, no stains etc. It just appeared that the last update to the bathroom was decades ago, the room was well worn, and the two double beds filled the room to the point where there was hardly any room to walk around. I realize that changing infrastructure and room layouts is much tougher than re-tiling or getting new carpet, so this probably can't be fully addressed.

I'd stay here again, but I think you could probably find more updated accommodations in this area for about the same price range.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you enjoyed yourself during your recent stay. Our hotel offers a variety of larger rooms such as our corner deluxe that offers spectacular views of the city. These rooms are all corners, offer 310 SF of space, have windows on all sides and also offer a microwave/refrigerator in them.