“top notch customer service”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Louisville, Kentucky
“top notch customer service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for a conference. While the hotel accommodations were average, the customer service was top notch. Tessa was incredibly helpful and friendly upon check-in. What really blew me away was when I asked where I could find Berger's cookies in the area, and Dorien (who was working the late evening shift) offered to pick some up for me on his way home and bring them back to the hotel. Sure enough, the next morning my cookies were waiting for me upon checkout. The staff was very attentive and obviously went above and beyond what was expected of them.

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you had a wonderful time. I was so happy to hear your comments about Dorian and how on his own time he bought the cookies you wanted before leaving the hotel. Rest assured that we will recognize him for going the extra mile. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that Dorian was able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Maryann White

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

We have stayed at this location numerous times and have always been very favorably impressed with the front desk staff. Our most recent visit involved an unfortunate situation where the hotel had overbooked and sent us to another property (Hilton Garden Inn) quite a distance away (White Marsh, MD). When we arrived there at 1 AM, we were told that the only rooms available were smoking rooms. Not acceptable! We phoned back to the Baltimore City Center Hotel and asked for the Front Desk Manager who had assisted us earlier. Upon hearing what had occurred, he asked to speak with the front desk clerk at the Hilton and worked through arrangements to have us transferred to yet another hotel. While we were quite upset with the overbooking and transfer to distant locations late at night, we have only high praise for the Front Desk Manager, Mr. Michael Curry, who kept his cool throughout very trying circumstances and did not give up until our problem was remedied. Kudos to Mr. Curry, a true asset to the Sheraton Hotel Chain.

Room Tip: Baltimore can be a very noisy place (as evidenced by the ear plugs that are on the night table in ea...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel and recognize the wonderful service provided by Michael Curry our Front Office Manager. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Please except my sincerest apologies for being in a walk situation last week. Circumstances beyond our control created this most unfortunate issue and for that we are truly sorry that we had to relocate you not only once but twice. I hope you have the opportunity to come back to Baltimore in the near future and please call me personally so that I can take care of this reservation.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

We stayed there for a convention. The lobby is hopeless. No room for bellhops to work. You can wait hours for help if there is large group checking in or out. I wanted to travel around the area while my group attended the convention. No help with that AT ALL. the only sign of a concierge is the sign, and the staff is way too busy to help. The best thing in the hotel was the huge jugs of ice water with fruit in the lobby since it was 90 plus degrees outside.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the lack of concierge service during your most recent stay. Rest assured that is the exception and not the rule. The hotel always has a Bell Captain during the day and evening to handle all types of requests. I am not sure why during that time one wasn't available to assist you or even a Guest Service Agent.

Please contact me personaly if you plan to visit Baltimore in future and I will personally take care of your reservation and any details.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2012

First of all, the neighborhood is "rough" - lots of hobos and druggies around the property. The entrance was really hard to find from the train. The staff didn't want to help me find the property when I called, which really annoyed me but thank god iPhone was helpful and friendly. :)
There was a ROACH stuck on a trap in middle of the room so I was moved to another. The new room smelled like a the chemical used for taxidermy. I found hair in my bed and the shower was really dirty (like it had never been cleaned). The cleaning staff was nice and I didn't want to call to complain so I just left stayed put. I went out and bought a can of air freshener and that helped a lot to lighten the sent in the room.
Overall I wouldn't spend money here - there is a Raddison right across the street that my friends stayed at (same night/weekend) at the same price and they said it was great.

Room Tip: West tower is infested with roaches
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Dear RJH,

Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues that you had with Housekeeping during your time spent with us. This is certainly not the Sheraton experience we aim to provide our guests and I am truly sorry this happened to you. I am looking into all of your concerns and I ask that you contact me directly in my office with the room you stayed in so that we can take drastic measures to correct this issues. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we failed you in multiple areas.

I look forward to speaking with personally and hope to hear fronm your soon.

Warm Regards,

Atlanta,GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

When I made my reservation, I specifically asked for a room with a bathtub. I called the night before my arrival to check on that, and on checking in, asked once more if there was a tub in the room. Lo and behold, when I entered the room, there was a shower only. I had to go all the way own again, to ask for a different room. This one had a tub, but - no plug. Next morning, I asked them to provide one, but didn't get it. The face towels worked well, though, to keep the water in the bathtub. Room service was very good, and the room was clean.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Madubo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and I am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Please accept our apologies for the confusion about the bath tubs. All of our King Rooms come with Showers and all of our Double Rooms come with tubs. I am so sorry that a member of our staff was not able to communicate this information to you correctly.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please call me personally to make your next reservation.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

I stayed at Sheraton for several weeks. I had a good experience and the staff members at the club lounge were very friendly especially Larhonda who was such a delight and always provided exceptional services. The room I had was nice and clean. One bad thing about the hotel was - the noise from the road could sometimes be bothering at night. However, overall I had a good experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Whitney,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were so pleased to hear how satisfied you were with the service provided by the Housekeeping staff and Larhonda in the Club Lounge. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are thrilled to hear that members of our staff were able to so this for you.

Greensburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I can't believe that everyone and I mean everyone that works at this hotel is so kind and friendly. I have never experienced such nice staff in my life. From your doorman DHAFI who was such a delight and very kind and helpful, too your bellhops and your desk clerks. You are doing something right.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Mark & Anita,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a complimentary review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. We were so pleased to hear about the great service provided by all of the staff that you encountered during your recent stay. I will be sharing your comments with the staff and we will make sure it is posted on our assoicate bulletin board. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that our staff was able to do this for you both.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please call us if you ever need anything