“I loved that place”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #45 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I spent about a month there while doing a training course at Johns Hopkins Hospital. Everything was great: Housekeeping, Room Service, Front Desk and Valet Services. Everybody was friendly and I found the service they offered extraordinary. I would contact the staff whenever I needed sometihng and they were very prompt to take care of things. The room was clean and quiet. I got my breakfast on time every morning. I made friends with many of the employees during my lengthy stay there and they were awesome. They provided me with information about the city, transportation and entertainment.

Andy, Kevin and Ahmed.. Thank you guys for your help. Tom and Dhafi from valet: You guys set an example for how customer service is done. Anyone who has been to Baltimore City Sheraton definitely knows what I'm talking about. This Dafhi guy volunteered to drive me to the hospital without charging me just because I was running late and he was getting off work! Great guy! Thanks a lot.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel and recognizing the great service provided by Andy, Kevin, Ahmed, Tom and Dhafi. I was so pleased to hear how Dhafi volunteered to drive you to John Hopkins because you were running late. Being away of home for long periods of time can be very stressful and I am so proud that our staff was able to make your stay more enjoyable. I hope you are feeling well and please let us know if you ever need anything in the future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Because I had such a great time at the Sheraton this summer, I had to list a few names who made it possible that I forgot in a previous post. I want to thank the humble, supportive, honest, extroversive, provoking, and professional attitude of Larhonda Wilson up in the sweet. She made my time at dinner some of the most happiest times I had in Baltimore. I can't say enough great things about this woman, not only does she do her job professionally and at premium quality, but she remembers her visitors and strikes a great conversation with them. I also want to thank Andy and Santia down at the reception desk. Because of my extended stay circumstances they spent a long period of time working out small details with me all whale keeping a warm professional grin on their face! The both of them made sure I was taken care of and I certainly appreciate it. Additionally Ahmed as the bell hop was very helpful and supportive in conversation, I certainly appreciate it. Housekeeping and general service were always willing to go the extra step as well. Thank you Sheraton staff!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2012

Dear Andrew,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about the great service you recevied from Larhonda, Andy, Santia and Ahmed. I will be sharing your comments with the entire staff and we will make sure to post on our Associate Bulletin Boards. Being in the hospitality industry requires our staff to go the extra mile for our guests and I am glad that these four individuals were able to do this for you.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please call us if there is anything we can do for you.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

I stayed at sheraton Baltimore city center for 1 night in november. I like it no, i love it! i was small the room was average size for a hotel in the city. I must say i do like city life in baltimore. i enjoyed the breakfast buffet. I really like the bell captain keith capps. He goes out of his way to make guests fell at home. I highly recommend this hotel. P.S. i am a kid so you are seeing it from a kids point of view.

Room Tip: stay in the north tower
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Maryann W, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel and to recognize Keith Capps our Bell Captain for his wonderful customer service. We were so glad that you had a wonderful time here. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that Keith and the rest of the staff was able to carry out this promise.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We stayed at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel while in town to watch Liverpool play and the location was wonderful. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go and the workers at the Sheraton were great and helpful. We had the add-on to our room that allowed us access to the lounge on the 22nd floor for breakfast, evening hor douvers, desert, and just a nice place to relax. Larhonda was the woman who worked the evening shift and she was so pleasant and friendly the 2 nights we were there. She did a great job keeping the food coming, offering to clean up for us, and also being cordial and engaging in conversation with us. We enjoyed our stay very much and the drinks she prepared as well :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Colleen,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel and about how much you enjoyed the Club Lounge and the service provided by Larhonda. I will be sure to share your wonderful praise with her. It was so nice to hear how much your enjoyed all the food that the club lounge offers and that you found the atmosphere very relaxing.

Our entire staff at the Sheraton is looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please call us if you ever need anything.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We were at the Sheraton for the American Accordionists Association Festiva from July 10-15. Our traveling group consisted of 17 persons, half of whom had various disabilities. We had most of our meals in the restaurant. We also had a lot of musical and sound equipment, some of which got misplaced. We were extremely pleased with the service, at all levels, and would like especially to praise Laverne, Barbara and Ben in the restaurant, and Wilhelm and Ahmed at the Bell desk. All of these people were extremely helpful to us and gave wonderful service. The restaurant was the best hotel restaurant I have experienced. The bellmen were outstanding in helping us with all our equipment and finding our lost items. I cannot praise all of these employees enough!! Lancey P.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Delancey,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel while you were attending the American Association of Accordionists event. I was so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed the service provided by Laverne, Barbara and Ben in the Restaurant and by Wilhelm and Ahmed at the Bell Desk. I will be sure to share your kind praises with all of them. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are very happy that the entire staff was able to carry out this promise.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

First, the good - the room was clean and comfortable, price was reasonable, and the location is good, just a short walk to the stadiums, convention center, inner harbor.
Now, the not-so-good - check-in was friendly, but my room was not ready (they said they had lots of late checkouts), so I was told to come back in an hour. I found a comfy chair in the lobby and noticed about 20 minutes later they were checking people in (LOTS of people), so I got back in line and a room was ready. I thought it was bizarre, knowing I was there, that they would not let me know my room was ready. Had I come back in an hour, and all the prepared rooms had been given out, would I have been told to come back in another hour?
Secondly, once I got home, I noticed that SIX 50-dollar holds had been placed on my credit card, and that I had been charged $50 more than the quoted rate for the room. In total, charges of more than $500 for this one night stay! The holds have since been lifted, and I am challenging the room rate. I was told the $50 charge was for the 4th person in the room. A room with two double beds? This extra charge was not on my confirmation (which listed all four people), was not mentioned to me on check-in, nor on check-out. I feel that basically, they just arbitrarily changed my rate. Unacceptable. So if you stay here, make sure on check-in that you get a listing of any additional charges or holds!

Room Tip: If you have children and are on a high floor, make sure you check if the windows open or are locked...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DianeFrederick_MD

Dear Diane,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the issues you had during check in and for the credit holds on your credit card. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

Could you please call me directly at the hotel so that I can look into further why you had to wait so long and to why there were mutlple holds on your credit card. This will allow me the opportunity to correct these deficiencies and also allow us to provide proper coaching and training. Once again, please accept our apologies and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

The facility is rather run-down for a Sheraton. The hallways need to be vacuumed, the pool is too murky for me to even stick my feet in, and the overall condition of the hotel is TIRED.

That said, every associate that I encountered went out of the way to be friendly and helpful. Kudos for that!

• Stayed: August 2012

Dear Greg,

Thank you for taking the time to write and share feedback from your most recent stay at the Sheraton Baltimore City Center Hotel. Our guest feedback is important to us as often times it may pinpoint an area of needed focus and attention.

Please accept our apologies for the issues that you had with hallways and the pool during your time spent with us. I have personally spoken with both Housekeeping and our outside Pool Company about your concerns. Rest assured that these issues have been addressed and corrected. Our goal is to provide our guests with a memorable and enjoyable experience from start to finish and we are truly sorry that we did not carry out this promise.

On a positive note, I was pleased to hear that every associate you encountered went out of their way to help you and were very friendly. Please contact me if there is anything I can ever do for you and we hope that you will give the Sheraton Baltimore another opportunity to serve you.

Warm Regards,