“A typical but very pleasant downtown hotel stay”

Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor
Ranked #42 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“A typical but very pleasant downtown hotel stay”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

This downtown hotel is centrally located. Only 3-4 blocks from the convention center, and 5-6 blocks from the innerharbor restaurants and tourist area. The hotel is everything you'd expect from the Sheraton hotel chain in a downtown location. The hotel has a comfortable lobby, an good size excercise room, and in-house steakhouse restaurant.

The front desk crew was very cordial and helpful. There was no concierge desk but the staff did their best to help us with restaurant choices. They gave us lots of options but did not seem to have a command of the local eateries so I'd do my own research before staying.

My room looked like it had been recently remodeled and was furnished in contemporary hotel style. It was extemely clean and the airconditioning worked well (and quietly).

The room was behind the elevator which I usually have concerns about but it was very quiet. You can hear the hallway conversation pretty clearly but the winding hallways which wrap around the central elevator shaft keep the foot traffic to a minimum. My room; which was on the small side and seemed 30 sq feet smaller than my co-traveller's room; did not have a chair to sit in, and the closet had no nearby light so it was dark but these are minor issues which would not deter me from staying here again. The room was shower only.

Overall this would be the quality stay you'd expect from a Sheraton property. One of our party raved about the other Sheraton downtown on Charles Street (closer to inner harbor but farther from the convention center) so I'd have no reservations about staying here but would check on the other property as well.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We said one night at the Sheraton while attending a wedding. We got a great deal on Priceline and paid $111 including all fees. Parking is additional and costs about $22 per night, without valet service. We had two double beds and stayed on the 14th floor of the south tower. The staff was super friendly and went out of their way to assist us. Almost every employee we encountered greeted us. They offer free coffee, water, and tea in the restaurant. They were also able to assist us in finding good food delivery at 2:30am.

The wedding site was located about 1 mile from the hotel and we decided to get a taxi due to the weather. There were dozens of taxis around the hotel.

The room was cute, and the decor was simple. The bed was comfortable. There were some stains on the carpet and the wall paper in the bathroom needed to be wiped down.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
NOVA
Reviewed September 25, 2011

The only reason I'm giving this place a 2 out of 5 is because of the front desk agent that checked me in and the night auditor who checked me out.

Arrived to the hotel about 6:00pm on a Saturday evening,

The hotel is difficult to locate without a gps. You HAVE to pay for parking. On Fri / Say nights it's almost $20.00!! Seriously? Pay parking?? Who does that anymore? The parking garage has many levels, is quite small, poorly lit, no air circulation, and smells like something died a long time ago.

Front lobby is typical. BIG front desk / registration area with marble counter tops. The gentleman who checked me is was totally helpful with honoring my request for a high floor (He gave me 20th floor out of 26 floors) and getting info for a pastry shop becuase I had a sweet tooth. Posted directions to the South Tower were sparse. Elevator smelled kind of funky but was fast getting up to the 20th floor.

Now the room...Typical king sized bed 'overstuffed' with fluffy down comforter and down pillows, flat screen tv, three drawer dresser, small desk with coffee and coffee maker. There was no mini fridge / cooler. The view was...ok. Too many office buildings and other hotels were blocking any view. There were dust bunnies on the window sill and cracks in the glass of the window. I could even feel a crack with my bare fingers and feel air coming in from the other crack. Safety hazard !! I threw the top down comforter on the ground. I had no reason to use it. Besides, hotels never clean those things. The thermostat is a motion censor. So once you fall asleep it goes into "sleep mode" and only kicks one every once and a while.

Now the bathroom...The grout in the stand up shower area was pink. Grout is not supposed to be pink. It was moldy and disgusting. The housekeepers obviously need to pay more attention to the other areas of the shower than just the walls. The toilet / sink area was kind of claustrophobic. Right next to each other. The sink itself was nice but small. I did find two dirty towels. One was a face towel that had pink / red lipstick on it and the other was a hand towel that looked dirty. I put those aside on the floor so I wouldn't get confused on what was clean. There was no fan in the bathroom. Also, while checking over the bathroom, I could hear the people talking the room next to me. Thin walls. Ugh!!

Finally got to sleep around 10:00pm. I was woken up by fire engines and police cars going through the streets with sirens BLARING at 3:00am even though I took two sleeping pills!! This continued off and on for about an hour. Obviously the walls and windows were not soundproof enough / built well.

I couldn't take it anymore so I checked out about 4:30am to take the 2 hour drive back home. The gentleman at the front desk was apologetic and offered to move me to a better room but I had enough and left. He was also nice enough to comp my parking fee.

I did not get a chance to go to the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. I did not bring my laptop with me but I'm sure they charge for wifi.

I get the fact that Baltimore is one of the oldest cities in the nation but that is no reason to skimp on the things people these days like and want. Who doesn't like a nice quiet, clean room and quality surroundings.

Room Tip: Read the reviews from other travelers. Trust your instincts. Call the hotel if you have any question...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Woodbury, MN
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Good, not great, property due to age. Not pleased paying $240/night for a queen room in summer for what we got but must be market rate for downtown Baltimore. Generally clean room, but shower curtain had visible mildew and odor.

Very friendly staff. Very well equipped exercise room overlooking a spacious pool on the roof of the 1st floor ballroom area. Within walking to the world-class Walters Art Gallery museum and the usual Baltimore tourist attractions.

Shula's II is okay, but Tony's across the street on Park Avenue has excellent steak and crab cakes. Other good restaurants north on Charles St. including Cazbar, serving Turkish cuisine.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Madison, CT
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I was very pleased with the hotel and in particular Jazzaray and Kelly behind the desk. I had 5 people staying at the Hotel for the AutoTestCon conference and one of our rooms had a billing nightmare. Jazzaray was able to straighten everything out with a pleasant smile and in a very helpful way. She as also able to extend the stay of one of my team that saved us.

Thanks to all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
GeneralManager101, General Manager at Radisson Hotel Baltimore Downtown-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to thank you for your comments regarding your stay and in particular your kind words regarding Jazzaray and Kelly. We take great pride in our service, especially at the front desk where we empower our staff to "make the difference". I am glad they made an impression on you and your team.

If your travels bring you back to Baltimore, do not hesitate to contact you as I would enjoy meeting you and upgrading your stay.

Vienna, Virginia
Reviewed September 14, 2011

Clean, good location, friendly people. Just wish they had more affordable parking fees. Plenty of nearby alternatives to choose from, still a good place to stay! Stayed for the Baltimore Grand Prix and it was terrific! Neighborhood is not the best but it was not an issue for us. People seemed to go about their business without concern.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade to the club floor!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad you could join us for this memorable event and that you enjoyed your stay. It was a terrific weekend for all with great excitement.

Regarding the parking we are looking at options for our guests. We contract spaces at other garages, but are also subject to event pricing. The area you spoke of is actually going to be converted into a new retail space. The buildings have been vacated in preparation for demolition with several large anchor stores on the horizon.

Thank you for being part of the Grand Prix and hope to see you next year.

California
Reviewed September 12, 2011

A Sheraton hotel seems like a safe choice for a comfortable business trip hotel. But not this one. The location is horrible. The neighborhood seems to have suffered badly lately. There are as many properties boarded up as there are open nearby. It didn't feel like a safe place to walk at night, not even back and forth from the convention center and harbor area restaurants. Inside, the hotel looked pretty much like you would expect of a Sheraton. But whatever the cause, the air conditioning in my room was not operational. The temperature in my room was consistently over 80 degrees. I reported the problem the first three mornings, but got absolutely no resolution. Opening the windows accomplished very little besides letting in the constant drone of sirens all night. It was a truly miserable experience.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest,

First let me apologize for the challenges that occured during your stay. We review all the guest calls from the day prior in our morning meeting and ensure that the problems are addressed. I have shared your comments with the engineering team to show the importance of not only attempting to correct the problem, but returning to make sure it has been corrected.

Regarding the boarded up buildings, this is part of a city project called the "Super Block". We will have a new retail and entertainment district in the future. The city first needed to vacate the tenants and make ready for demolition.

We have many guests that stay with us and walk to the convention center. I am happy to report we have had no issues or concerns regarding the safety of the two and half block walk to the center. Though it is a city, our police department do an excellent job patroling and keeping the streets safe.

I hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future and we have another chance to show you a better stay.