“Not as Good as Usual for a Marriott”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #23 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Louisville, Kentucky
“Not as Good as Usual for a Marriott”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

I was in Baltimore for a business conference and had the choice of several hotels. I always choose Marriott when I can partly for the reward points and partly because I can always count on the quality. Well, I got the reward points but this Marriott is not up to par. I had multiple problems with my reservation but everything was OK when we arrived. Check-in was smooth and the front desk guy was really good handling our one special request with no problem.. The room was adequate and fairly clean but not great. The view of the parking garage was especially charming. Housekeeping was OK but neglected to give us towels one day. The restaurant/bar was terrible! Service, food, and drinks were bad. We ate their by necessity (pouring rain outside!) one night and it took 35 minutes to get our drinks, 15 more to get our food which was not good at all. We couldn't even get our check so complained to the concierge who got our bill for us and took our name and number promising follow up the next day...nothing. Overall, not a terrible stay but not great either. Next time, I'll pick a different Marriott when in Baltimore.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank jeweber02

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The full service Marriott Hotel at the Inner Harbor/Camden Yards has been a reliable favorite for our business travels for many years. I could stay anywhere, but always choose the Marriott. The entire Marriott staff is very professional, from room attendants to the front desk team, their service and friendly attitude makes us glad to return each time. The new offer of bonus MR points for dining in The Yard is a nice touch! I was at first disappointed several years ago when the view of Camden Yards from the Marriott was eclipsed by the big, new Hilton, but I keep returning to my favorite hotel in Baltimore. The staff makes me feel welcome, and unlike at many hotels, they let me know they care about my business!

Room Tip: Request a room on the west side of the hotel, away from the route used by the nearby fire trucks.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed here one night as part of a business trip. Overall was uninspired by the hotel and its rate but there was nothing especially wrong. Got stuck in a small room (almost NYC small) but at least it was quiet and clean. Internet was included in rate and was reasonably fast, but I'm not a fan of normally charging extra for its use. The lobby and bar/hotel area are very modern with public computers for use. Parking at the adjacent public garage is quite expensive ($26/day) but appears standard for the area. You can get in/out privileges if you pay through the Marriott and trade your ticket in for a different one. Front desk staff can be very hit or miss with their knowledge of hotel operations.

Room Tip: Room 622 (and likely most of the -22 rooms) was tiny and awkwardly-shaped. Would avoid.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank vvv3
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at the Marriott at Camden yards on Feb 10, a disappointing experience.
Though there are way worse things that can happen to a person than a disappointing hotel stay as a Marriott Premiere Platinum I usually see the best of a hotel.
To begin with there is no valet packing, not a tragedy just an inconvenience for a busy front entrance.
The first room i was given on the Concierge Level had a broken heating system that made noise while running, it took two hours and three calls before someone came in to tell me that my room should be changed. I was given another room on the Concierge Level that had the wallpaper peeling off the wall at the heating unit, again, worse things can occur.
My point is this did not just happen, no one felt this was an issue or reported it, I did, it was depressing to see that as an OK thing. Someone came up and repaired the wallpaper in a few minutes.
The manager was quite nice about taking care of me an offered me a free future stay, I told him I had no intention of staying there again, he then offered and I accepted some bonus points.
The staff was very nice and helpful, the property is just tired and should have had an update, which I was told would happen in the next year or so. The beds could use a new mattress, again too old.
Again very nice staff.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank fabsambh
Skip_Cerf, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
I want to thank you for your candid feedback and your loyalty as a Marriott Premiere Platinum member. I have reviewed your comments with both the Housekeeping Manager and the Engineering Department. We typically receive outstanding comments about the quality and cleanliness of our hotel and I am disappointed that we were not on point with your stay. We have just completed a multi-million dollar renovation in the lobby and restaurant. We continually plan to make improvements and upgrades to the hotel. If you are ever back in the Baltimore area, I would invite you to return and enjoy a more enjoyable experience.

Again, thank you for your feedback and loyalty.

Safe travels!

Skip Cerf
Director of Operations.
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

The van was on time to pick us up.
The check in was very quick. They were very friendly and addressed us by our last names.
The room was spacious and clean. I prefer a King size bed but it was late and I was tired so, I settled for 2 beds. The view from my room was the parking lot which the lights came through my window. I had to close the curtains.
The food was very good from the restaurant. I had a chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries.
All the employees were so nice.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Temecula, California
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

This Marriott is ALWAYS the best in the industry!!! This location is close to all of the happenings in the Inner Harbor. The food is fantastic @ all of the properties restaurants... You won't have to venture out into the cold weather to dine.

Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Burlingame CA
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This Marriott has a great location convenient to everything downtown. In addition, the staff there is excellent - very friendly. The bar downstairs becomes a nice espresso bar in the morning. Room service was good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business