“Don't Believe Bad Reviews! Great Hotel”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #22 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I just got back from a night at this hotel, right Cross the street from Camden Yards & a 5 minute walk to the Inner Harbor. I was very leery about booking this hotel, from the iffy reviews I read. We easily parked our car in the parking lot, and were warmly welcomed & directed to the check in desk. Our room was clean and very nice. Bed was extremely comfortable, which is a rare find in most hotels. We booked the romance package which came with delicious Chocolate covered strawberries & cream along with champagne. This hotel is a perfect location for a baseball or football game, since its so close & very close to the inner harbor. The staff was friendly, the room was clean & comfortable and it was centrally located to restaurants and activities. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moliduck11
There are newer reviews for Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Very clean hotel, nice rooms, sparkling white bed linen and towels, good restaurant, good breakfast buffet. Friendly staff, parking. A short walk (2-6 blocks) to various good restaurants including on the water, the aquarium and the baseball stadium is about two blocks. Two blocks to Starbucks.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pippadude
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Overall, this is a very nice hotel and we enjoyed our stay here very much. The only comment off the top I will make is that if you will be spending most of your time near the inner harbor then this hotel is about a 20 minute walk away, you may want to stay closer. As for the Orioles and Camden Yards the hotel is pretty much right next door and perfect for that.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and I experienced something from a customer service perspective that I have never experienced before. When we first got to our room we received a courtesy call to ask us how everything was. This I have experienced before. However when we went out and came back in the evening there was an envelope that had been slid under our door. In the envelope there was a HAND written welcome card from the person who had checked us in. It was addressed personally to us with our name on the card, essentially advising us if we needed anything to just let this person know. I was so surprised by this. Major customer service marks for this one.

Parking is attached to this hotel but is run by a third party. You can however have your pass validated by the front desk and they will give you in/out privileges.

Overall, no complaints about this hotel. Wonderful stay and would stay again if needed to especially if attending an Orioles game.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

It first the room looked clean then we found long black hair on the bathroom floor ,
The whole night there was guest in the hallway screaming to each other and slamming doors , we tried to sleep for a few hours ,
In the morning when my doughter woke up she found bugs in her bad she was very upset and crying in desperation , we went to the front desk with the bug in a tissue and the girl took it from me very casual , like she had done thes befor , they told us that they will inspect the room , that night I got a call from the guy that inspected the room and he reassured me that what we found was not bed bugs but baby cacroch instead eww , same difference the hotel manager told me she get back to me I gave her my personal business card no call from her .
I'm very disappointed it ruend our
weekend :(

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Check in was fast and front desk agent was very nice to deal with. The room was average size, nice bathroom and wireless worked very well.

The hotel had a great restaurant/bar, food and service was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank CNDTravel
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We reserved two rooms at this hotel for two adults and three small children. I called the hotel a few days before our arrival and requested adjoining rooms. When we arrived they had placed our rooms on the 3rd floor and the 9th floor. Tyra did a very nice job of rearranging the rooms to get us on the same floor. I am sure Marriott will respond with their corporate line that they cannot guarantee preferences. It is only common sense however to realize that a family of 5 would want adjoining rooms or rooms on the same floor. You can guarantee these accommodations but you are simply not organized enough to do so.

The hotel itself is clean and comfortable. The rooms are very small. The coffee in the room is awful. You would think that with the advancement of single serve coffee systems that Marriott would get their act together.

No pool so disappointing for the kids. Short staffed on the evening shift.

Great location if your going to an orioles game. 15 minute walk to the inner harbor (despite what is implied by the name).

I would not recommend this hotel for families.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Skip_Cerf, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I’m sorry we could not initially accommodate your connecting room request. I am delighted to see that Tyra was able to honor the connecting rooms – albeit after checking in. I’m disappointed we didn’t meet your level of expectation. We focus on being family friendly – especially during the summer. Our housekeepers practice personalized maid service on family stay over rooms and place rubber ducks in the rooms where it obvious small children are present. We have stuffed toys at our Front Desk for arriving children who might enjoy a small toy. During weekday afternoons in the lobby, we offer sample food and beverage treats for arriving and departing guests. The Yard, our newly renovated restaurant has coloring books, crayons, and kid friendly cups and lids, as well as a robust children’s menu – just to name a few amenities we offer in the hotel.

On your next visit to Baltimore, I hope you will give us another try. I appreciate your feedback as we can’t fix what we don’t know. Enjoy the balance of your summer!

Safe travels,

Skip Cerf
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I just returned from a business trip to one of my favorite cities (B'more) and while there I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel. Let me first say that if you are the snooty type who is afraid of the beauty in diversity of people as well as that which comes in most major cities in the U. S. this isn't the place for you.
While the accommodation is conveniently located near the harbor, there are a few blocks within proximity of the hotel that APPEAR tougher than they actually are. The hotel, itself, appears to have had a facelift. Staff all around is attentive and deserve all 5s. That is, with one exception. There is a quasi restaurant/coffee bar where service can at times be next to impossible. Skip the coffee shop. Rooms are clean but not
extravagant. Maid service is wonderful. Extras upon request(even subtle request) for lotion were not ignored. Overall, safe, convenient, clean and a great value for Marriott. I would stay again for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013