“Well located and comfortable”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #23 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 5, 2013

What we liked about this hotel: location. The location right across from the ball park can't be beat. The décor was nice, very modern. The rooms were very clean. The coffee downstairs in the little café was excellent.

What we disliked: The room we got (714) had a connecting door to 716. We didn't have an issue with it....until the evening when we returned to the room and heard the world's most dysfunctional family having a blow out screaming match next door. Complete with the F word and lots of little boy tears. It seemed abusive to me. It ended, thank goodness....but only to BEGIN AGAIN at 4:40 a.m. We heard the kind of stuff you only hear about on trashy tv shows. Finally at 5 a.m. we called the front desk, and within 10 minutes the family actually left. But it was nearly impossible to get back to sleep due to the noise that came through that connector door.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Great location across the street from Camden Yards and short walk down Pratt Street to lots of eateries. Recently remodeled lobby has nice bar and really neat keg on wheels which dispense wine or beer with a card. Great for a game or just to catch the harbor.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This property is just okay. Nothing special, but conveniently close to Camden Yards and the Exhibition Center. Pretty nasty looking liquor store and a 'Gentleman's Club' across the street . The rooms are spacious but have no room safe, no free Wi Fi in the room and pretty pathetic towels, the mattress was nothing to remember, but still in serviceable condition. Don't expect a pool, it was removed to make the restaurant larger, from what I understand. No sitting area in the lobby, except for the bar, something that I really missed. On Friday, they had a Raw Bar set up near the restaurant but had already run out of clams. Nicely priced Oysters at a dollar each and shrimp at the same price. The Oysters were a better bargain than the shrimp. Clams Casino would have been a great addition, but all I the raw bar was a nice unexpected treat. The Hotel will get you by, if you are not looking for a lot of amenities, it was fine for me, but I expected more from a Marriott.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just a couple blocks from Camden Yards and across the street from the Civic Center it is an ideal location for either. Recently remodeled, the rooms are very clean and fixtures are in excellent shape. One surprise was that my room had only a shower, and a bit snug at that. Not a major issue, but be aware if you do like a bath. Internet is extra unless you have Marriott status. There was a coffee maker, but didn't use it. Did not eat at the restaurants, so can't rate. The staff was quite friendly and helpful.
Overall, it was a fine hotel. The one downside was the price, but it was when the Orioles were playing the Red Sox and there was a firefighter's convention in the middle of summer, so the rates were at their highest.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lhjraffe
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I have to admit that i have been prejudiced against this hotel since its construction. Before this hotel was built, there was a magnificent view of the Bromo tower from nearly any seat at Camden Yards. The hotel blocked that view of an old Baltimore icon. It also appears to have blocked some cooling breezes in the ballpark. The view of the hotel from the ballpark can be jarring and unsettling as the hotel doesn't seem integrated well to the other buildings in the area and and the large size seems out of proportion. Perhaps the city has hired some old Soviet planners to force buildings that appear wrong for the area.

But I found myself here for a conference in February and found it to be a fine place to stay. The meeting rooms could be confusing because they are scattered, but that is to be expected in such a large hotel. (The meeting rooms are better situated at the waterfront Marriott if you are planning a conference.) But this hotel is the most convenient to the ballpark, and easily walkable to the inner harbor, convention center (next door), aquarium etc. The room was clean and of good size. The service was excellent from friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Im writing from the hotel room. I have to admit after i booked the rooms for me and my children i read some reviews here that made me nervous and wanted to cancel. I am very particular(i bring sheets to cover the chairs so my kids can sit and relax without me making them crazy) the rooms were very clean as well as the bathrooms. The front desk service was excellent. I asked for a cot for my son it was brought up right away. My daughter latch locked her joining room and came into our room through the joining room and the door accidentally locked. There was no way for us to get back in. Security came and cut off the latch and fixed it right away, all while being so nice. We were disappointed that theres no pool but otherwise i have to disagree on the cleanliness and service. Ive stayed closer to the harbor before and did enjoy that location better but as far as the hotel goes i was very happy.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank tl123tl
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here on a bus trip. The room was great...... clean, bright and very cozy. My husband had gone down to the bar for a few drinks which he was told could be charged to our room. No problem... till we got the call from the bar that they needed a credit card immediately because it was a cash room. I guess because we were on a bus trip. This never happened to us before. I gave my credit card. I also asked if it was going to be a problem for room service in the morning, and was told probably. YIKES!!! So then I had to call the front desk and afterwards, just decided to write... WILL PAY CASH UPON ARRIVAL on the room service menu. Wow !! I guess I would have felt better if they made it a little easier. I wouldn't have skipped out on my bill. They had my name... the bus company had all my info. Then in the morning, I called the front desk to make sure everything was ok. I think I'm a little traumatized. UNTRUSTWORTHY ? On a better note, our breakfast arrived on time, with one of the most pleasant people. She was great.. breakfast was amazing. We were impressed. Overall a great place, but they need to be a little more customer friendly on the customer service side.

Room Tip: You might want to give a credit card upon arrival