“Great hotel staff; not very great concierge”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #24 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Let me start by applauding the hotel staff. They are wonderful, friendly, helpful and always have a smile on their faces. It was an absolute delight dealing with them.

My room was clean and airy. The TV was antiquated and no HD transmission. I don't watch a lot of TV so it didn't bother me but something to watch out for if you're a TV buff. The view was not very nice - I was looking out over the street at another hotel or a parking garage, I couldn't be bothered to open my shades to be able to tell. For a hotel that has "Inner Harbor" in its name, it most certainly is NOT located at the Inner Harbor.

The concierge was not very helpful - for example I would have appreciated being informed of the free wifi that was negotiated by the conference.

The hotel itself was not very helpful. My experience has usually been that hotels have information available to their guests on the forms of transportation, the local eateries, the local attractions, things of that nature. There was nothing.

I would return to this hotel if the rates were attractive but I wouldn't recommend it. I might check out some of the hotels that are actually on the Inner Harbor the next time around.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 15, 2013

I stayed here 3 nights for a conference. I had originally booked a king room, but found out a friend that lived nearby was going to join me so I called the hotel directly 2 days before arrival and requested 2 queens. I even received an email confirmation, however upon check in the front desk clerk had me slated for a king room. I asked for the 2 queens and he acted like it was killing him to do it. I was disappointed that he never told me that internet was included in the rate. I found that out from another conference attendee. I just didn't feel like he cared if I was there or not and was doing the minimum he could. He told me nothing about the hotel. It was here is your key and he pointed at the elevators. He didn't even welcome me, I walked up and he blurted "last name?" I guess I expect more out of a customer service representative than that. On the flip side, the doorman was exceptional and many of the employees I encountered had a smile and friendly hello to greet me.

The room was very dated. There was peeling paint on the walls and chips missing from the bathtub. The shower/tub was very small, but lucky for me I am a short person. Had I not been dead tired after traveling all day I may have went back down to see if they had better rooms. The television in my room was horrid. The picture quality was fuzzy and there wasn't even a channel listing. The cleaning crew took forever to clean my room each day. There were 2 days that I went up and they were in the general area but hours later still had not cleaned my room. To their credit the room was very clean. It was also comfortable, but it was so small. There was barely enough room for the 2 beds and a small chair. The room overlooked a parking garage so there wasn't much of a view. With my friend and I in the room it felt very cramped. On the two days I was alone it was ok.

It is a hike from here to the Inner Harbor. I don't mind walking, but after dark there are not many people on the streets and the ones who are there are a little sketchy. None of them gave me any issues, but I stayed on Pratt Street. The doorman told me not to leave Pratt at night by myself. I found out later there are free busses (again would have been nice to know - maybe some info in the room or a mention at check-in???) but those busses stop pretty early. I did ride the light rail to and from the airport for $1.60 each way. It wasn't the "safest" I have felt, but I was sure to sit up behind the driver and wasn't dumb enough to have all my electronics out waving them around. Sure beats the $30+ that I heard people were paying for taxis.

When I visit Baltimore again I will probably stay closer to the harbor since that is where most of the eateries and activities are.

1  Thank burkehouse
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

The room was excellent, check-in was very fast. The hotel was very clean and location was excellent right in Inner Harbor next to the Orioles Stadium and walking distance to the Ravens stadium. What I didn't like was the 26.00 a day fee to park and some of their staff members are horrible and you could tell they didn't like their jobs by their replies. We ask one of the staff associates if she could tell us where a good place to eat breakfast was and her reply was "not really" then she walked off. Other than that I had a pleasant stay and would definitly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Dbush23
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Terrific greeting from the doorman and the fellow who checked me in. The "Since you're a special guest, I want to give you free Internet" was a little over the top. Nice, spacious, clean room. Firm bed. Wait staff at the lobby bar was a bit asleep at the switch but otherwise, this was a very good option in a convenient location.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very overpriced concierge level for what you get. They charge for all alcoholic beverage at prices you would pay in a nice restaurant. It cost $12.00 for a volka and soda and the food is not much to speak of. Save your money, stay in a regular room and go to one of the many restaurants nearby. They also charge $12.95 for WIFI...a total rip off when you are paying over $450.00 per night to stay on that level. Totally not worth it for the Inner Harbor.

1  Thank B B
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Very friendly staff without exception. Great location close to the convention center. Noisy climate control. The lobby area looked more attractive than my room. Strange arrangement with a small table crowding the area near the room door. Overall a mixed experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Had a nice 3 night stay here. Hotel has been remodeled since my last visit 2 years ago. It was clean with good amenities, nice bar and good bar food (ate there twice). Did get charged for parking - though I did not drive and was told at checkin to accept the internet cost, but the charge would be taken off at checkout (though it was still on the bill slipped under the door). However, both charges were taken off without a problem. The hotel is a good 20 - 30 minute walk from the Inner Harbor - so if planning on a visit down there, be mindful of the walk or take a cab.

Stayed: June 2013