“Thrilled to pay for a double and get a suite!”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Thrilled to pay for a double and get a suite!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

We reserved 3 rooms for my graduation so I was thrilled that one of them ended up being a suite at no extra charge. The suite had a lot more room than the room with two double beds. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly. Expect to pay $26 for parking. The front desk will validate your parking ticket so that you can come and go. The only con was the cost of room service. For breakfast we purchased fruit and cereal from the lobby gift shop. Great location for walking to the Inner Harbor and other nearby attractions.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Melaney68

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I attended a two-day business conference at this hotel and stayed over for two nights. The hotel just did everything right. the rooms were lovely, Marriott-comfortable bed you just don't want to get out of, clean bathrooms, nice flat screen TV, lots of power outlets. the facilities at the hotel were all top notch. The conference room was good, there were lots of other meetings going on and we did not hear their meeting through our walls. The food service was outstanding. Much, much better than typical. We had two lunches there and a cocktail hour with heavy horsd'oeuvres. The cocktail food was fantastic! And I am a foodie. You just do not expect this type of food at a business hotel. I did not have the opportunity to try their restaurant, The Yard, but if the meeting fare was any indication, this should be a very good restaurant. If you are going to an Orioles game, this hotel has a great location, literally the gates are right across the street. Good, but pricy parking in a connected parking deck.

2 Thank Limulus
Skip_Cerf, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Thank you for your kind words! I will make sure I share your feedback about the hotel and our food with my staff. We have a new Executive Chef, Bill Downes formerly of the Mayflower Hotel in Washington DC. Our menus have been updated over the past several months. It certainly sounds like he is making a positive impact! Please come by and see us again on your next visit to Baltimore. Thank you for your business.

Kinds Regards,

Maryland
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stayed here to be close to nearby University of Maryland, Baltimore graduation events and had a great stay. The fitness room was much better than most hotels: the equipment was working properly, there was drinking water available as well as headphones for use with the individual TV sets attached to each piece of equipment, a pile of oranges for a quick snack, as well as towels and sanitizing cloths available to clean the equipment after use. The restaurant's breakfast was very good and accommodated individual orders. Also, one member of my party had some trouble walking and the staff were excellent about offering to help out without being overly intrusive in both the restaurant and out front when we were getting in and out of taxis. The rooms were nice - working showers even during the morning rush hours - and no problems with the TV. The concierge was very friendly and offered services to help make our stay more enjoyable. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Evan06
Thank you for the excellent feedback. We enjoyed hosting you while you attended the graduation ceremonies. We do get a tremendous amount of business through our friends at Univ of Maryland. I'm glad you found the accommodations and service touches exceptional. I hope you'll try us again over the summer.

Vienna, WV
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I had a quick business trip in Baltimore and stayed at the Marriott since it was close to where I needed to go. Ends up that it was even closer to Camden Yards, which is a great sports venue. The area around the Camden Yards is very nice and I hope to stay there again in the future. They hotel was okay. I was supposed to stay on the concierge level but rooms weren't available when i arrived but they programed my key so I could go there. The concierge room has a real nice little breakfast. I really liked the hotel, but I thought it was a little expensive and $26.00 for overnight self-parking seemed a little expensive. Would definitely consider staying there again.

1 Thank hinesda
Skip_Cerf, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry we couldn't accommodate your desire to stay on our Concierge Level. I'm glad we did provide the access to the Lounge so you could enjoy the amenities. We get excellent comments from the Lounge -- not only about the food and services provided, but also the 2 ladies that work there. They are the best! As for the parking charge, we pass along the pricing feedback to the city and management companies that run them. However, they are competitively priced throughout the city and are on par (price-wise) with other major cities. I look forward to hosting you again if your travels bring you back to Baltimore. Thanks for your feedback!

New York City, New York
Reviewed May 14, 2012

This hotel was very nice.The staff was very nice,helpful for whatever you needed. It was a perfect location for most inner harbor attractions. They had a smoking section right outside the front entrance for us smokers, it had nice benches and even a heater to keep you warm on those chilly mornings and nights. The restaurant inside was ok, but the menu was limited. The coffee shop was also limited but ok in a pinch.I would stay there again. The parking rate was a little pricey, I think if your a guest there they should discount the daily rate,but at least you didn't have to park a distance from the hotel

2 Thank Jack Y
Thanks for your great comments. We really take pride in our customer service and react to feedback as best we can. I'm glad you enjoyed the smoking area. It does provide a nice area to congregate and comfortably relax. I appreciate your feedback on the restaurant menu. Actually, we agree. We recently hired a new Executive Chef, Bill Downes - formerly of The Mayflower Hotel in Washington DC. We are in the process of changing both the restaurant and Room Service menu selections. You will have to stop back and let me know your thoughts.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed May 13, 2012 via mobile

Was in Baltimore for an Orioles game. When I walked into the lobby I was amazed at the size. Check in was quick, staff was friendly. The room was spaceous and clean. The best part was that the stadium was just a block away!!
After the game we stopped for a nightcap at the bar..Awesome staff..
The only negative was that I feel that parking should be discounted for hotel guest.
Overall a great experience & I will definitely stay here again..

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Gbaz13
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 9, 2012

We arrived around 9:00 p.m. on a Friday Night and typically your "B" team would be on. Well this team was an A in our book. Cory was our friendly front desk representative and checked us in quickly and was very friendly and accommodating. I was in desperate need of Motrin and Cory got the MOD, Cody to open the store to get some for me. Both did this with a pleasant and helpful attitude. Our room was on the 6th floor and was overlooking a parking garage, but we did not care about the view. It was quite in the hotel on the floor. The room was large and clean with a fridge. I was surprised the showers where not the "Marriott Standard" but this is an older hotel. Our maid service was wonderful (we stayed two nights). We did not eat in the hotel however, we did get drinks and paid typical "city" prices. $18 for a beer and wine. Not bad!!! Two down falls: The parking was $26.00 a day and the internet was not free....REALLY? Who pays for internet these days.....also, I read a review that someone paid $339.00 for the room we got it for $69.00 on Priceline!!! Who pays retail for a hotel these days????? We walked to the harbor, shopped and went to The Prime Rib on Saturday, FABULOUS, and the zoo on Sunday. We would stay at this hotel again when we visit. Thanks for a great visit.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Linda L
Skip_Cerf, Manager at Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Thank you for staying with us! Your comments help us understand where opportunities exist. Congratulations on getting such a fantastic deal on your room rate! As for your stay, I will make sure Cory is recognized for his can-do attitude and I’ll relay your comments to the housekeeping staff. I understand your frustration with internet and parking costs. In order to provide the highest level of quality internet bandwidth in a full service hotel environment, we are continually re-investing in our internet infrastructure. As a matter of fact, we will again be upgrading our service to the entire hotel by this fall. However, we do offer complimentary internet in the lobby and restaurant areas. As for the parking charges, I’ll pass along your comments to the city-owned parking lot mgmt team. Thanks again and I hope your travels bring you back to our hotel soon.