“Great location, friendly staff; a bit pricey given the room size”

Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden Yards
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Burlington, Vermont
“Great location, friendly staff; a bit pricey given the room size”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

The location of this hotel is great -- 1.5 blocks to the convention center, 2 blocks to Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The staff were uniformly friendly -- very helpful without being intrusive. The room was a bit small with an awkward entry -- hard to maneuver a suitcase into the room, what with a tight corner to negotiate, Comfortable bed. Room service was excellent. All in all, a good place to stay for a four-day meeting.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Western NY
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We were in town for the NCAA Mens Lacrosse Championships at M&T Bank Stadium. Great location for the stadium and Camden Yard. Directly across the street from Orioles Park. Good room with fridge. Nice bathroom. We had a great view of the park (room 640) and even though were the first room off the elevator, we had very little noise. Quiet room. Hotel was packed with lax fans but the elevators were pretty quick. Really wish they had queen size beds instead of full. Nice bedding. Flat screen tv with many plugs for chargers. Didn't use internet.

Room service Saturday night was not good. Ordered burgers and crab cake sandwich at 9:45pm. At 11:15pm, we canceled the order and they didn't give us a hard time which tells me the order wasn't ready yet. There isn't much within a quick walking distance from the hotel for a late night dinner. Subway was closed! Jimmy John's sandwiches was open as was a nice seafood place and Pratt Street pub but an hour wait for a table that late. Large game crowd. There's a gentleman's club at the other corner so don't go toward Lombard Street when leaving the hotel. Sketchy crowd.

Sports pub in the hotel did not have proper staffing Saturday night, especially for a holiday weekend with major sports event in town. But the breakfast buffet (not free) was very good. Our breakfast was comped because of the prior night's room service debacle AND the cold shower I enjoyed Sunday morning.

Was the hotel nice? Yes. Was it worth $400/night? No way. I would return for maybe $150/night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Orioles Park entrance
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed May 20, 2011

We traveled to Baltimore for a conference but ended up bringing along our 1 year old daughter. The hotel lobby was beautifully appointed and the bellmen were immediately attentive. Our room was a decent size and the bed was the best hotel bed that I ever slept in. We normally expect restless nights in hotels but were wonderfully surprised by how comfortable the room was. The location is central to everything and within walking distance to our conference center, as well as many of the local attractions and hangouts. We only had a few complaints - for the price that we paid for our hotel room, we would not expect to incur additional charges to use the business center. I had to print out paperwork to fax back to the office and had to pay $10 to access the internet for 5 minutes so that I could print off a few pieces of paper (which I was also charged for). If we're shelling out several hundred a night for a room we feel like there are some things that should be a given. Other than that, we do not have any complaints with this hotel. They met every request that we made and ensured that our stay was exceptional.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed May 3, 2011

Just a note to express my thanks to your management and staff for making quality and excellence your primary focus. As this was my first visit to Baltimore and your hotel. Was there for a conference. "Bravo" for representing your city with professionalisim and style. EVERYTHING was excellent, from the facility, the food, the rooms, and your staff! Unfortunately, I couldn't bring my spouse with me on this trip, but WE WILL be back,...and we know where we'll be staying. Wish your local fire department could have located just a little further away, but hey,...it is what it is.

Also wanted to give a "shout out" to a Miss "TARIKUA," one of the best servers at your "CAFE PROMENADE" I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She is professional, courteous and friendly...and does it all with a genuine smile. You keep rocki'n Tarikua!

WAAAYY thumbs up for the Baltimore Marriott Inner Harbor at Camden !!

Room Tip: Ask for a room opposite the Bromo Selzer Tower.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My family stayed here last weekend for a volleyball tournament in which my daughter was involved. Despite having a hotl completely full with teenage girls and Yankees fans, (they were in town playing the Orioles), all of the staff was exceptionally friendly. I was impressed by how the hotel catered to the volleyball players by having amenities specific to them. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were clean. Good location too.

The only bad part was the awful view of the roof from the second floor room we were in.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Manhattan
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Even though we booked via Priceline, the Front Desk upgraded us to a junior suite because I am a Marriott rewards member. We had a lovely, quiet stay in a very clean and comfortable room. Short walk to the waterfront; safe neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
long island, NY
Reviewed April 10, 2011

The purpose of this trip was to visit Loyola which was less than 10 miles away. Having stayed at the Inner Harbor area in the past we felt more at ease staying there than in an area of Baltimore that may not be as "good". Rates for hotels in the area run high so I went on Priceline and secured this hotel at a very attractive $70.00 per night. Checking in was a breeze. They honored my requested for double beds and allowed 3 in the room, no problem.

Parking is $24.00 per DAY. Once the ticket has been validated by the front desk you are able to take the car in and out of the garage all day with no additional charge.

The room was not the biggest Marriott hotel room I have been in, however we had 2 queen size beds, a desk with free wireless high speed internet, coffee service, flat screen tv etc. The beds were extremely comfortable, and not a bed bug in sight. (of course I checked, I'm from NY)

Once we were settled in, we had no problem finding a cab to the Inner Harbor which is 10 blocks away. It was late afternoon, I have MS, and different legs at different times of day, lol, so we chose a cab. It was $5.00 with tip. Once there we were able to walk around the Harbor, and hopped another cab to Fells Point which took less than 10 minutes and $8.00 from the Inner Harbor.

Fells Point was great. A bag piper was playing on the steps of town square to serenade people on and off the water taxis from the Inner Harbor. An Orioles double header had been in full swing, cheers and jeers bursting out of the bars as we walked by. Fells Point is a young, urban area, with a decidedly historic feel. Great little shops, restaurants, and bars galore.

We hailed another cab back (legs) to the hotel to pick up my daughter who had been sleeping soundly behind our double locked doors AND the key card enabled locked glass doors that block entrance to the hotel rooms unless you have a key to that hallway! Nice touch Marriott! That cab ride was approx $10.00 for the longer ride to Camden Yards. Still reasonable! (My husband says he should have taken out the car...of course, Dear)

Finally, we went back to the Inner Harbor for dinner at Phillips Restaurant for Crab Cakes etc. They were good. The service was great. My daughter was developing a sinus infection. Our server went out into the food court and BOUGHT her Tylenol with her own money. That was above and beyond and very much appreciated.

Once we checked out this morning, enjoyed breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Actually, I did not want their breakfast buffet, but from the moment we walked in 3 people asked or suggested that we would be having the buffet. By the time the waitress came over to pour the coffee and hand us the menus, she said, " we have the breakfast buffet"....and I said "which I guess everyone wants us to choose vs ordering from the menu?" and she explained that you can't possibly get this much food for $17.50 anywhere, and it's so good. Guess what we ordered????
And you know what? I ordered 2 eggs over easy. And they were the best eggs I have had out ever. They had biscuts in a beef gravy...I can't begin to describe how delicious that was. My husband had french toast that I could smell as I walked up to the table. He ate every last bite. This was the kind of buffet you hope for but NEVER find. Well, now you know, it's at the Marriott Camden Yards!!!! Shhhh don't tell anyone...

One last note, some other reviewers knocked the service at this hotel. That was not our experience at all. And let me tell you, I ask for directions everywhere, for everything. And I forget alot of things. Well, you get the picture. I come in contact with a lot of people. They were always very courteous, helpful, wrote directions for us more than once, printed tickets, arranged for wake up calls, and really extended themselves on every level.

Bravo Camden Marriott! You clearly value your patrons and we value you!

The bathroom was spotless.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business