“Prime Time Location”

Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Charlotte
“Prime Time Location”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

After frequent visits to Baltimore the Hyatt Regency offers it all. This location is in the perfect location, right across from the Inner Harbor, a few blocks from Camden Yards, and a few steps away from the Gallary. The view from the room was second to none.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blhbball22
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
It is fantastic to hear that you find our hotel to be perfect for your frequent visits to Hyatt Regency Baltimore! We have a prime location in the heart of the Inner Harbor. Our hotel also offers breathtaking views of the city and harbor. Thank you for choosing to spend your visits to Baltimore at our property. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. - A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Korean first
Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

It's my first time to stay in this hotel, and I would recommend it for those who wants to explore the city of Baltimore. It's practically a stone's throw away to the inner harbor where you can find different things to do and wide variety of restaurants that you could choose from. We were given a room overlooking the harbor, so that was a plus. I would definitely book again in this hotel if I will be in the area.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Euone
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Greetings Euone,

Thank you for going out of your way to share this review on your most recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed your first visit to this location and thank you so much for recommending our Hyatt locations to future guests. That is the biggest compliment of all. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Warm regards,

DC
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Planned a weekend getaway in Baltimore to take in the sites, night life and a dining experience. Picked a perfect weekend and staying at the Hyatt in Baltimore was an excellent choice. The hotel offers five star customer service and the quality of the hotels amenities were above standard. The lobby appearance, check in services, outdoor pool, indoor gym area and active bar scene were exceptional for the area. The room we were given had spectacular views of the harbor and the bed accommodations were fantastic. Every creature comfort was available and in operational order. I would highly recommend this Hyatt as the location is centrally located to the ball park, inner harbor restaurants and everything is within a short walking and safe distance.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor which tends to provide a better view of the city and inner harbor. Plus it is q...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AL M
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for taking your time to write this review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We hope you have the opportunity to stay with us again.
Best Regards,
Annah E., Guest Relations Associate
Cleveland Heights, Ohio
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Recently stayed at the Hyatt with my son and his family. We were there to visit Johns Hopkins hospital. The hotel was great. The ensured we had adjoining rooms. Whether we dealt with the valet parking, reception, restaurant employees or the bellmen, everyone was wonderful. They truly cared about our stay. Everyone was friendly and made us feel as if we were their only customers.

Room Tip: Try to get one that overlooks the harbor. The view is wonderful.
2 Thank Mary S
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am so happy to hear that you had a great stay. We aim to make you feel like part of the Hyatt family and I am glad we were able to make you feel welcome. I hope you return to stay with us soon!

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
Annapolis
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my two young grandsons and we loved this hotel. Everything from the spotless and huge rooms, chic common areas, and professional well-trained staff speaks of class. Each employee we encountered greeted us and engaged my grandsons. The view from our room was incredible and the boys would sit on the settee for long periods of time (not an easy feat for 3 and 6-year olds) mesmerized by all that was going on in the harbor. I didn’t hear any noise from inside the hotel, but there is traffic noise so be sure to use the sound conditioner provided in the room for a good night’s sleep. We ate from the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and were happy with the selections and the friendly attentive staff. We enjoyed the pool and the boys were given free popsicles. The walkway from the hotel to the harbor is a convenient bonus. We were treated like valuable customers and were so sad to leave, but will definitely return.

1 Thank Marylandtraveler530
Now that is what I like to hear! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am so happy that you found your stay to be exceptional! From the rooms to the staff, I am glad that you found everything to your liking. I hope you will certainly stay with us the next time you are in town.

Warm Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

I was expecting more from a Hyatt Regency located downtown. In all fairness I just slept there but saw enough to know I would never return. Was in a Hyatt lower end hotel days earlier which was not as nice but definitely felt better kept. Check in was standard and easy though both their self kiosks were out if order.

Ran to bar to get a wine to go 7 minutes before close. It was crowded and the bartender was working incredibly hard serving drinks and food. But by the time we got his attention it was 8 minutes after closing. He did do the right think and served us after we informed him if our wait.

My real disappointment was the room. In need of love. Everything felt used. Scraped and scratched. The outlet in the bedside lamp didn't work. The other one did luckily but was sensitive to movement.

I would give the bathroom an above average as it seemed updated.

The air was on 60 at midnight. Even after shutting it off I froze all night. The TV was difficult to turn on and off. The front desk refunded my Wifi fee for the trouble which I thought was nice. I was not complaining just telling her I had to leave it on.

The common space is average and clean. Did not eat but grabbed a Starbucks, made just as I like it.

Average stay but the room which is where I spent my stay brought the experience down.

Stayed July 2014
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
Hello Jennifer D,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your visit to Baltimore. We appreciate you choosing Hyatt Regency for your travels but unfortunately I am sorry to hear this stay did not meet expectations. Disheartening to hear about the condition of your guestroom and the lack of rest you got. I have forwarded your feedback to our executive management team to review and ensure these problems get resolved. We hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future and hope your next stay is a better experience.

Safe Travels,

Providence
Reviewed July 14, 2014

On the whole I was pleased, but there are a few minor problems.

I still like those glass elevators. My room had a nice view of the harbor even though it wasn’t designated a harbor-view room.
Great location. A few blocks to Camden Yards, and right in the Inner Harbor tourist neighborhood; also very close to 395.
While I was there, the hotel was quiet, and I heard absolutely no sounds from nearby rooms or the hallway.

Now the problems:
There is a coffee maker in room, but you get powdered non-dairy creamer
The water pressure extremely low – it took me ten minutes to fill the bath tub; the tub also drained very slowly.
The Conway St. entry has a sign saying it is open until 11. But I got back at 10:45 and it was locked. It also says “key card to access after hours”, but there was no way to use my hotel key card to open the door.

By the way: you pay for in-room wifi but it's free in the lobby.

On the whole I prefer the Marriott on Aliceanna, which is larger and more impersonal but seems to be getting more details right. But it’s a close call and I’d come back to the Hyatt if I got a very good deal.

6 Thank Crito0
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Good Morning Crito0,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback from your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We are so happy to hear you really enjoyed your guest room and the great harbor views our property offers. I am very sorry to hear about the inconveniences you encountered during this stay from the coffee maker to the bathroom amenities. I will be sure to forward your remarks to our executive management team to ensure these challenges do not happen in the future to you or any other guest. Thank you again, we appreciate this feedback very much.

Safe Travels,