“Great location, wonderful staff.”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Seaford, NY
“Great location, wonderful staff.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

We got 2 rooms through Priceline at $68 each. Adjoining double for my mom and daughter, and king for my husband and myself. The room was lovely with a great view of the harbor - stunning at night!! I was disappointed with 2 things tho -- you have to pay for internet in the room, and we had bare basics as far as toiletries -- ONE bar of soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner. No lotion, bath soap, etc......which after staying at Kimpton Hotels we had gotten used to more luxury. But the bed was quite comfortable, pillows great, excellent location.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor, FACING the harbor!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Korean first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

The room is clean. There are noises from the elevator, the street and the teen guests. The staff is nice. But in general, the experience is a little disappointing for a 4 star hotel. I would not stay here again in future.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lu l
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here while visiting family for Thanksgiving. For previous trips to the Baltimore area, we had stayed in the Towson area, but this time we thought we would splurge and stay near the Inner Harbor. I was surprised to find an internet rate on the Hyatt website that was less expensive than the Towson-area hotel we normally stayed at, even after accounting for the overnight parking rate. On top of that, AAA members receive a 50% discount in the hotel restaurant. Our room was very spacious, and the desk clerk changed our room when I requested a room overlooking the Inner Harbor at check-in. We were also surprised when a complimentary bottle of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries were delivered to our room on the evening of our arrival. The fitness center is one of the largest and best-equipped ones I have seen in a hotel and has high ceilings so you don't feel cramped in. The breakfast buffet was good, and the 50% discount made it very affordable. All of the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful. There is no doubt in my mind that I will stay at the Hyatt Regency on a future trip to Baltimore.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay and our wonderful staff. I'm delighted to hear that they were able to upgrade your room and had a little surprise waiting for you. We are very lucky to have great people working with us. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the great discounts that were offered. All you feedback will be forwarded to our management team.

We hope you can stay with us again and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Becky S
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

I liked this hotel, despite the fact that (as other reviewers have said) it does not live up to "regency" standard of other Hyatt hotels. Everything was very clean, and the bathroom and furniture looked relatively new (but towel racks weren't installed). Still, room didn't have the luxury I am look for in a Hyatt Regency. Bed was incredibly uncomfortable--mattress felt like it was a sofa-bed mattress. We both had bad backs and were tempted to ask them to put a board under the mattress. We experienced no trouble with noise and didn't need to use sound machine.

Hotel doesn't have an ample bar-lounge or restaurant for a hotel of this size. Small, with super slow service.

But everyone who works there is incredibly nice and professional, and that fact compensated for what was lacking.

Location is convenient, but there are a lot of hotels there. In short, it depends on what kind of deal you can get. If you get a good price, definitely take it.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank javl
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Hello Javil,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am sorry to hear that you had some concerns about the luxuriousness of the rooms not being up to par with a "regency" location. However, I am happy to hear that overall, you found the hotel to be very clean and that the staff provided great service. I truly hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

We've been to many conventions and stayed in many hotels and this hotel experience was one of the best. The view from our room of the Inner Harbor was stunning - especially at sunrise. The Regency Club was well worth the $50 extra per day. They had a nice selection in the lounge (and having lox and bagels was a real treat for breakfast!) This hotel has a remarkably responsive, well-trained, and friendly staff and their excellent service contributed much to the quality of our experience at this hotel.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the view of the Inner Harbor from your room. I’m thrilled that you were able to take advantage of the Regency Club. It is very convenient to be able to stop in and enjoy a quick beverage or a nice breakfast in the morning. I am so glad that you found the staff to be attentive and responsive throughout your visit. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We stayed here while attending the "Light the Night" walk supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was so convenient, right on the route we took from Camden Yards to the Inner Harbor. We self-parked, a little expensive but worth the convenience. We had a lovely view from most of our huge windows, very comfortable beds, and the staff was courteous and efficient. I'd stay here again if we have the opportunity.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. It was great having you stay with us for such an important cause. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and the service provided by the hotel staff. I hope you stay with us again.

Belinda M - Guest Relations Asspciate
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

I am not used to paying so much money for club level hotel without an outstanding experience. It was simply too expensive. Parking was extra. On the plus side, getting a cup of coffee or a soda when you wanted it was nice, but no, not worth $50 more per night. I stayed three nights. The room I had overlooked a parking lot; a disappointing view for this huge amount of money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the Regency Club and the view from your room. Our Regency Club is exclusive and we try to provide the best service and quality possible. I will be sure to share your feedback with our Executive Management team to see how we can further improve this. Hopefully you will have a better experience on a future visit.

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate