My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hyatt Baltimore for 2 nights Aug 25th-27th. We wanted a hotel close to the inner harbor to celebrate our anniversary. I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the hotel. You know you read these reviews on this website and people always have something bad to say about everything, you never know what to trust, finally you realize the majority of people are just complainers, who like to complain about things that you dont really need to complain about. Im glad I trusted my gut and gave it a shot.
- The location is excellent. Right in the parking lot, I believe on floor 3, which is where we parked, theres a very convient walk over bridge that leads you right into the inner harbor. It connects directly to Ripleys believe it or not, as well as Hooters, Bubba Gum shrimp and some other popular restaurants. the Aquarium is also 5 minutes walking distance over the bridge. Theres also a great seafood restaurant called Phillips, the Hard Rock Cafe Live, and so much more. We were right near all the beautiful inner harbor lights, the harbor views were gorgeous while walking, you can do boat rides, water taxis, and so much more right in walking distance of the hotel. I wish we would of stayed longer because we couldn't do and see everything while wanting a relaxing romantic getaway.
- The Lobby was very nice. I thought the hotel was well kept, very crisp and clean looking, def feels like a business hotel but thats not a bad thing, we liked it. Liked the all glass elevators as well. also all hotel staff were so friendly and accommodating. Check in as well as check out was so easy and quick.
Our room was on the 10th floor, we chose a standard non smoking King bed room, it was very private and spacious, heard no noise at all, the room was clean, smelled nice and beds and pillows were comfortable. Bathroom was nice as well and I loved the smell of the toiletry soaps and lotions they offered. The tv channels as well as movie channels in the room were good too, not many hotels have STARZ and ENCORE, so we really enjoyed that and they had pay per view movies in the room as well.
We didnt eat in the hotel so I cant comment on the food, Baltimore is known for its great restaurants so obviously we had to dine out for all meals while we were there to get a great experience with variety. May I recommend, Mamas on the half Shell, its about a 15 min drive from the hotel, great prices and excellent food, as well as Miss Shirleys Cafe for an amazing breakfast, you can walk there from the hotel, its on Pratt Street, Also the Oceanaire Seafood Room on Aliceanna street was to die for. We had the best Lobster romantic dinner there our first night in Baltimore. '
Only Cons I can think of in the hotel are obviously the high parking rates. But we chose self parking for 28 dollars a night opposed to the 40 dollar a night valet fee. Its real easy to self park and they give you in and out privileges with a special key, so I'd just do that staying at the hotel.
- Also i would of liked more toiletries in the bathroom since we were two people and there really wasnt much. But again these are just 2 minor cons, everything else was great.
I'd def stay here again, great value for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heart of downtown, this AAA Four-Diamond Inner Harbor hotel offers a luxury gateway to this enchanting waterfront town. Catch an Orioles’ game at Camden Yards, crack crabs in the Inner Harbor, or explore the wonders of the sea at the National Aquarium. Take advantage of modern meeting venues within our hotel in Baltimore Inner Harbor - just steps from the Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Baltimore Hotel Baltimore
- Baltimore Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Baltimore