“My family thanks you” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Cleveland, Ohio
“My family thanks you”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

My family traveled on this business trip because school will be starting soon. There were 5 of us (including a 23 month old) sharing a cramped room. I went to the Front Desk and asked if they had something bigger for the same rate. Yes, I was told and we moved to a larger corner room which contained a small lounger. It was great because I did not know that over sized rooms exist. It was quiet especially since the room was below the outdoor pool. The fitness facility was also great and we enjoyed our time at the property.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the harbor you must go above the 5th floor and ask for a room specifically fac...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
Newark, Delaware, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

I wouldn't stay at this particular Hyatt again. I don't know if it was just my room or what, but the carpet was stained, the chaise lounge and ottoman was stained and the fridge(a mini one) was dented and standing on 3 legs. The hotel itself was I guess nice, but I don't think I would say four stars. And the service was fine. But as compared to a less expensive hotel, it was nothing that great. Definitely not worth the cost plus parking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed one night at the hotel and had an excellent experience. The hotel staff were very professional, pleasant and efficient. The valet parking was well run and the car was ready before we arrived downstairs to check out! The cafe staff were very nice, warming up the croissants and making sure the coffee was fresh and delicious. The amazing view of the Inner Harbor and short walks to all the sights were added pluses. We will stay again the next time we visit Baltimore.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing such thoughtful feedback. It is always great to hear when our guests find the service to be superb. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing excellent service. It sounds like you really enjoyed the Harbor view and the location of our property within the Inner Harbor. I hope we can welcome you back to Hyatt in the future. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

The location is great. Right across the hotel is the Inner Harbour and aquarium. The hotel itself has been updated. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I had 2 compaints at this hotel , one the traffic noise from the street below. They give you a white noise machine but I still heard it above that. The other problem for me was the bar stops serving food early for a weekend and there was only one bartender that had to serve about 50 people. There was a wedding party there and staff was not adequate , so service was very slow. I would not stay here again because I am a light sleeper and the noise was a major issue for me.

Room Tip: I was in club level king. I dont know if there is a quite room at this location.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Pennington, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our family stayed overnight. The location is very nice. The front desk was very helpful. Parking was not free. But we feel very safe and comfortable and peaceful. I feel the hotel does put minds and efforts to meet the comforts of different guests.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you found the front desk staff to be helpful and friendly. It is wonderful to hear that you felt comfortable and peaceful at our hotel. I hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt again in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Latham, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here 2 nights (Fri/Sat) for a military function. The room was overly-spacious and had a nice view, but had 2 full beds instead of a queen or king, which we found odd, since it was a "couples retreat" type of event. Saturday, we were offered the opportunity to switch to a room with a queen/king bed, and didn't even have to lug our own bags, a porter was made available to us. The staff, and especially front desk manager Michael Berland were top-notch. We don't travel a lot, and when we do, typically don't have the opportunity to stay in such a "swanky" hotel, so we were impressed, whereas others who might be more accustomed to such hotels might not be as much.
1 minor downside was not having a mini-fridge and microwave, but that is what we consider a minor thing. Upon request, a mini-fridge can be brought to your room.
Even a minor snafu with room assignments was handled quickly and professionally (Kudos to Michael Berland), with not only receiving a phone call and personal note of apology from Mr Berland, but also a complimentary midnight snack delivered to our room (which was DELICIOUS!!).
EXCELLENT example of going the extra mile for AN EXCEPTIONAL customer experience.
The food provided to the guests attending the function was first-rate! Delicious, plentiful (mostly buffet-style), piping hot and plenty of variety.
Because the trip was a military function, and we were not responsible to fund the room cost or meals, we cannot comment on the price/value aspect.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a wonderful review. I am thrilled that you found the service to be top notch. I will let Michael know that you really appreciated his efforts. I am glad you found the food to be first rate and the function you attended was a success. I hope we can have an opportunity in the future to welcome you back to Hyatt. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Woodbridge, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very nice rooms and comfortable beds. This is my favorite hotel to stay at when in Baltimore. The room service is awesome and the Reuben sandwich is the best. Two people can share this sandwich. The kids loved the room service and asked to have it every night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi lcolby,

Thank you for going out of your way to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed our Hyatt Grand Beds. They are some of the most comfortable beds I have slept on. I will share your comments about the delicious Reuben you enjoyed with our Executive Chef. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Safe travels,