“Clean and close to convention center”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #16 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
San Francisco, CA
“Clean and close to convention center”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I was attending a conference at the convention center and I picked the Hyatt Regency due to the location near the center. The rooms are clean and quiet, and staff were friendly and helpful. I did not feel like some of the amenities were quiet up to the level of Hyatt standards (towels, have to request many amenities, and bathrobe). The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room Service was on time and food was surprisingly good. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will have less traffic noise
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
  • Korean first
Hershey, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband, myself and two children stayed here for three nights last week. We found the hotel staff to be very friendly and helpful, always asking if we needed anything. When my daughter accidentally wore her hearing aids in the swimming pool (they are not supposed to get wet), I went to the Bistro restaurant for uncooked rice to dry them out. They were more than happy to help me. The location is fantastic and close to everything we wanted to see and experience. When we first got into our room, it was clean and nice, but it was very warm. The air conditioning took several hours to get to a cool temperature. Also, a female life guard at the out door pool did not seem very attentive and was not sitting right at the poolside like a male lifeguard we saw the precious day. All in all a nice stay and would return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Offers a great location with convenience to the Inner Harbor and a few blocks from Camden Yards. All very easy to walk to. We had a lovely view of the Harbor. The property is very clean and well kept. There were a few things we didn't care for but not unusual these days as these hotels are copying the airlines by nickle and diming you to death. I understand they all mostly charge for wireless but the new one here was they charge for wireless PER device. That is terrible and tacky. Per device? Then of course, there is the $28/day self-parking or $40 PLUS/day for valet. The valet section of the parking garage was almost completely empty and the self park sections were completely full. Upon check in, the desk clerk didn't explain or give us a card to allow us in and out access of the parking garage. When I questioned the front desk later about the paper ticket and how do we get in and out, she said, oh didn't they explain and give you a card? That would be no! But all in all it is a great place. Just don't care for these wireless fees per device. So unprofessional. They also gave us a corner room. It was exactly 6 steps to the bathroom and you had to step over the refrigerator to get to one side of the bed. There was no little sofa to sit on and no bathtub, just a shower. It was cramped. Don't get those corner rooms!

Room Tip: Ask for Harbor view but DON'T get a corner room. It's like being in the closet. Corner roo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to Hyatt Regency's Baltimore location and location it had. It was right next to the Inner Harbor. Our room overlooked the harbor. We could see it all lit up at night. It was located 3 minutes by a connected walkway (2nd floor). All of the windows had a reflective coating on them so you would not have others looking into your room. The building was in the shape of a V. This way most of the rooms faced the harbor. The fitness center was one of the largest that I have stayed at, which was only used by hotel guests. Sometimes, hotels have access to LA Fitness, for example. Not in this case. The pool is on the 6th floor, I think. It is called a roof top pool, but it is not on the top top of the hotel. We were on the 16th or 17th floor. The room was standard, I would say, but clean. No problems. Not super luxurious, but that's ok. It's all about the location. If you can, get access to the lounge. The evening appetizers are fantastic and the breakfast was really good. I would highly recommend it. Baltimore has a rougher side to it, but this location was safe. Also, the hotel is right next to the convention center. I don't think they are connected. All of the staff were very helpful and polite.

Room Tip: Face the inner harbor!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room overlooking the harbor. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our spacious fitness center, as well as our pool. The appetizers and breakfast in the Regency Club lounge are delicious and I am glad that you enjoyed this. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My conference was in the Hyatt so I stayed in the hotel. Every staff member (except one) was incredibly friendly and tried to be helpful. We booked a suite so several of us could stay together and save money versus having separate rooms. The pics online of the suite were not the room we got. The room was completely average. It was listed on the website as having 3 beds and 3 baths. When we arrived we saw how they achieved this...it was 3 regular rooms, connected by leaving the connecting doors open, and the 3rd bedroom was awkwardly around the corner through a short hallway. We had to ask for the fridge and microwave because they were not in the room, nor where the robes we were promised. The A/C in the 3rd room was never truly cool and the blinds in the bathroom in the 3rd bedroom were held on with bread ties and were broken. We had terrible issues with our room keys and it took 4 tries at having them reprogrammed for us to get into our room. The TV in the 3rd room did not work and had to be replaced and the new one also had issues that required 2 visits by maintenance to try to fix.

The view was truly great which was nice. And the beds were comfortable. But you can hear the noises from the hall and other rooms. Couch and chairs were not comfy. For a suite it was disappointing but for a hotel room, it was average to ok.

Do not eat breakfast in the Bistro...it is very expensive and average. And service was slow.

The hotel did try to make up for the multiple issues we had with some free wine and cheese and a trip up to the Club room, but for a room that was well over $600 a night, it did not measure up.

Houston,Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent 3 nights there. My conference was down the street. First I had issues with parking to check in. Next I had to wait as staff had to find someone to make another Hyatt reservation, which should have been somewhat easy. When I have a choice I always stay at Hyatts because of the value and rooms are clean as was this one. I got the feeling this was training week of something.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blineHouston_Texas
Greenbackville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I checked in on Sunday for a 2 day business conference. The hotel was very clean and beautiful. On Sunday night, we had a special request for housekeeping and they answered promptly and were very nice and helpful. I checked out on Tuesday afternoon. The entire staff that we encountered during our stay were very friendly. They made us feel welcome and important. They truly made us feel comfortable and did whatever they could to please us. Beautiful hotel full of beautiful people. I would love to return and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room very spacious and comfortable.

1 Thank Brittany H
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and important. I am glad that Housekeeping was able to meet your request quickly and that you found them to be so friendly. It is wonderful to hear that you found your room to be so spacious and comfortable and that you were able to truly enjoy your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt again soon.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate