“It's all about the location”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We went to Hyatt Regency's Baltimore location and location it had. It was right next to the Inner Harbor. Our room overlooked the harbor. We could see it all lit up at night. It was located 3 minutes by a connected walkway (2nd floor). All of the windows had a reflective coating on them so you would not have others looking into your room. The building was in the shape of a V. This way most of the rooms faced the harbor. The fitness center was one of the largest that I have stayed at, which was only used by hotel guests. Sometimes, hotels have access to LA Fitness, for example. Not in this case. The pool is on the 6th floor, I think. It is called a roof top pool, but it is not on the top top of the hotel. We were on the 16th or 17th floor. The room was standard, I would say, but clean. No problems. Not super luxurious, but that's ok. It's all about the location. If you can, get access to the lounge. The evening appetizers are fantastic and the breakfast was really good. I would highly recommend it. Baltimore has a rougher side to it, but this location was safe. Also, the hotel is right next to the convention center. I don't think they are connected. All of the staff were very helpful and polite.

Room Tip: Face the inner harbor!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room overlooking the harbor. I’m glad you were able to take advantage of our spacious fitness center, as well as our pool. The appetizers and breakfast in the Regency Club lounge are delicious and I am glad that you enjoyed this. I hope that we can welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed June 16, 2013

My conference was in the Hyatt so I stayed in the hotel. Every staff member (except one) was incredibly friendly and tried to be helpful. We booked a suite so several of us could stay together and save money versus having separate rooms. The pics online of the suite were not the room we got. The room was completely average. It was listed on the website as having 3 beds and 3 baths. When we arrived we saw how they achieved this...it was 3 regular rooms, connected by leaving the connecting doors open, and the 3rd bedroom was awkwardly around the corner through a short hallway. We had to ask for the fridge and microwave because they were not in the room, nor where the robes we were promised. The A/C in the 3rd room was never truly cool and the blinds in the bathroom in the 3rd bedroom were held on with bread ties and were broken. We had terrible issues with our room keys and it took 4 tries at having them reprogrammed for us to get into our room. The TV in the 3rd room did not work and had to be replaced and the new one also had issues that required 2 visits by maintenance to try to fix.

The view was truly great which was nice. And the beds were comfortable. But you can hear the noises from the hall and other rooms. Couch and chairs were not comfy. For a suite it was disappointing but for a hotel room, it was average to ok.

Do not eat breakfast in the Bistro...it is very expensive and average. And service was slow.

The hotel did try to make up for the multiple issues we had with some free wine and cheese and a trip up to the Club room, but for a room that was well over $600 a night, it did not measure up.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent 3 nights there. My conference was down the street. First I had issues with parking to check in. Next I had to wait as staff had to find someone to make another Hyatt reservation, which should have been somewhat easy. When I have a choice I always stay at Hyatts because of the value and rooms are clean as was this one. I got the feeling this was training week of something.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blineHouston_Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I checked in on Sunday for a 2 day business conference. The hotel was very clean and beautiful. On Sunday night, we had a special request for housekeeping and they answered promptly and were very nice and helpful. I checked out on Tuesday afternoon. The entire staff that we encountered during our stay were very friendly. They made us feel welcome and important. They truly made us feel comfortable and did whatever they could to please us. Beautiful hotel full of beautiful people. I would love to return and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Brittany H
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and important. I am glad that Housekeeping was able to meet your request quickly and that you found them to be so friendly. It is wonderful to hear that you found your room to be so spacious and comfortable and that you were able to truly enjoy your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt again soon.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 11th wedding Anniversary and our stay at Hyatt was exceptional. We were chosen as the costumers of the day and were moved to a suite on the 14th floor, the view from the 14th floor was exceptional, the panorama overlooking the harbor was priceless. It was an unexpected surprise. We travel twice a year and this is the first time we stayed at Hyatt. We had an excellent experience with Hyatt and are planing to book our next vacation stay at a Hyatt. We loved the exceptional service provided from all staff. The costumer service was definitely among the best both my husband and i have ever received. Thank You! Jasmine
Rooms were very clean and the toiletries were excellent. Best bed I've ever slept in outside of home. Best choice in Baltimore, worth every penny.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Playa15

I am so glad that we were able to help make your 11th anniversary so memorable. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about the exceptional view from the 14th floor. I’m delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience and that you received excellent service. I am happy that you found the bed to be so comfortable and that you liked the toiletries. I hope that you will join us again for your next anniversary.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Took the family up for a night and to visit Baltimore Aquarium. This is an excellent hotel to stay at. Skybridge connects you to the Inner Harbor waling area and it's a 5 minute walk to the aquarium. Room was nice and views of the harbor were super (Waterfront Room). All in all we had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IDDC
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Upon making the reservation I requested to have a waterfront double queen room however that is not what I got. I gotta king room and a building view. When I spoke about it I was told all the waterfront rooms were sold out. My question: why allow it to be requested. Overall, the stay was ok other than it being crowded with a wedding. The food being overly expensive in the gift shop.

• Stayed: June 2013