“Great location but less than helpful staff”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Houston,Texas
“Great location but less than helpful staff”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I spent 3 nights there. My conference was down the street. First I had issues with parking to check in. Next I had to wait as staff had to find someone to make another Hyatt reservation, which should have been somewhat easy. When I have a choice I always stay at Hyatts because of the value and rooms are clean as was this one. I got the feeling this was training week of something.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank blineHouston_Texas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Korean first
Greenbackville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I checked in on Sunday for a 2 day business conference. The hotel was very clean and beautiful. On Sunday night, we had a special request for housekeeping and they answered promptly and were very nice and helpful. I checked out on Tuesday afternoon. The entire staff that we encountered during our stay were very friendly. They made us feel welcome and important. They truly made us feel comfortable and did whatever they could to please us. Beautiful hotel full of beautiful people. I would love to return and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room very spacious and comfortable.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brittany H
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback on your recent stay. I am delighted to hear that our staff made you feel welcome and important. I am glad that Housekeeping was able to meet your request quickly and that you found them to be so friendly. It is wonderful to hear that you found your room to be so spacious and comfortable and that you were able to truly enjoy your stay. I hope that we can welcome you back to Hyatt again soon.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 11th wedding Anniversary and our stay at Hyatt was exceptional. We were chosen as the costumers of the day and were moved to a suite on the 14th floor, the view from the 14th floor was exceptional, the panorama overlooking the harbor was priceless. It was an unexpected surprise. We travel twice a year and this is the first time we stayed at Hyatt. We had an excellent experience with Hyatt and are planing to book our next vacation stay at a Hyatt. We loved the exceptional service provided from all staff. The costumer service was definitely among the best both my husband and i have ever received. Thank You! Jasmine
Rooms were very clean and the toiletries were excellent. Best bed I've ever slept in outside of home. Best choice in Baltimore, worth every penny.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Playa15
I am so glad that we were able to help make your 11th anniversary so memorable. We often hear enthusiastic feedback about the exceptional view from the 14th floor. I’m delighted to hear that you had such a positive experience and that you received excellent service. I am happy that you found the bed to be so comfortable and that you liked the toiletries. I hope that you will join us again for your next anniversary.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Took the family up for a night and to visit Baltimore Aquarium. This is an excellent hotel to stay at. Skybridge connects you to the Inner Harbor waling area and it's a 5 minute walk to the aquarium. Room was nice and views of the harbor were super (Waterfront Room). All in all we had a great time.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank IDDC
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Upon making the reservation I requested to have a waterfront double queen room however that is not what I got. I gotta king room and a building view. When I spoke about it I was told all the waterfront rooms were sold out. My question: why allow it to be requested. Overall, the stay was ok other than it being crowded with a wedding. The food being overly expensive in the gift shop.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Mshightower
Texas
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

On our last night of our DC trip we stayed at the Hyatt in downtown Baltimore. The service was exceptional as soon as we entered the building. The staff were courteous and welcoming. The proximity to the Inner Harbor was great with lots of options for dining and sightseeing. If we come back to the area we will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Lola2012
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
I really appreciate that you took the time to provide such thoughtful feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. It is great to hear that you found the service to be exceptional. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing excellent service to our guests. I am glad our location in the Inner Harbor worked perfectly for your travel. Thank you for your recommendation it is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Reviewed May 30, 2013

TV in my room wasn't working so I called the front. They sent a tech person to fix it, but couldn't so I got moved to a room with a better view very smoothly. Not only that, they gave me extra points to my hyatt gold passport. Really unexpected level of service recovery. Keep up the good service!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Laf10lol
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to provide us with your feedback. I apologize the TV in your first room was not working properly. It is great to hear that you were pleased with our recovery in regards to the TV issue. Your loyalty to Hyatt is greatly appreciated and your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate