“The Hyatt Experience”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am very familiar with Baltimore Harbor, but usually just do day trips. My husband and I are preparing for me to leave the area for a job and wanted a few quiet days to "honeymoon." Picked this hotel because it is on the water and offers water views. First, I will say that everything was top notch from front desk service to valets, to maid service. My only complaint has to do with the definition of a "water view". When I booked the room, I specifically paid extra for a water view, and the room did in fact have a water view, but I had to go to the window and look to the left to see the water.

I wouldn't exactly accuse them of false advertising, but I would have preferred if they had offered "water front" and "water view" rooms. Then I would not have been disappointed.
There was one problem, which they probably can't fix, which is thin walls. I have never experienced so much noise coming from next door rooms and from the hallways. We could almost hear whole conversations.

Somehow we ended up on the "Regency" floor, which offered continental breakfast, and appetizers and alcoholic beverages for dinner. The service there was exquisite. When we told them we were honeymooning, unbeknownst to us, one of the servers in the Regency room sent a bottle of Champaign to our room. What a great touch!

Room rates are very expensive, but no more so than other similar hotels at the Harbor. Parking is very expensive ($28/day self; $40/day valet), but probably no more than other places at the Harbor, but the location can't be beat. It is walking distance to all the major Harbor attractions including the science museum, Power Plant (children's attraction), American Visionary Art Museum, tour boat rides, water taxi, aquarium, and the science museum. Additionally, there is a pedestrian bridge from the hotel that carries guests over the traffic to the waterfront,

I would definitely stay again, but would be very clear about my "water front" preference.

Room Tip: If you want waterfront, be sure you don't get water view. Book on the Regency Floor, because the...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. I really appreciate your comments regarding your room and the harbor view. It is always a pleasure to hear when our guests find the staff and their service to be exquisite. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing authentic hospitality to our guests. I am pleased you were able to experience our Regency Club. This is a great feature we offer guests. It provides a private lounge were complimentary continental breakfast is served. During the day it is open for refreshments, and in the evening they offer evening cocktails and hor d’oeuvres. I hope we can have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property on your next visit to Baltimore. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,344)

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Nice comfortable room with big working area. I had splendid view on the inner harbor. Make sure you ask for top floors.

Internet free of charge (OK, only for 30 minutes, but more than enough to download and send what ever you need).

Bathroom midsize, but nicely designed

Breakfast area is great. Very spacious with open view out of the building. The have good selection of dishes to order. If you want to have a healthy start of the day, go for oatmeal as you will get oatmeal with full selection of berries, seeds, nuts to mix-in. Great!

I booked via Priceline as extra deal and got real bargin on this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Spring Break 2013, coming to Baltimore for part of it- the location of this hotel is perfect for sure. The service was outstanding- as I am finding to be my favorite part of staying at Hyatt's!
We had a phenomenal corner room, however 2 of our 3 day stay there were high winds and since this hotel is all glass, it was kinda loud hearing that wind rattle. By the second day, we heard it but it was background noise really.
We would for sure stay here again.

Room Tip: Just blocks from Camden Yards and M&T Stadium.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Need to start by saying the staff as this facility was awesome. The location is also great. On the downside the bed was softer than I personally like and the pressure in the shower was less than ideal.....
would I say there again....yes. Was this the best hotel Ive ever stayed at.....no

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank photollew
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go to Baltimore last minute for our anniversary. We ended up getting a good deal on Priceline and were excited to stay at the Hyatt. The first room we had was a corner room and while it was nice and clean, I just expected more. It seemed very cold and not decorated really nice. I actually thought they forgot to put a bedspread on, but it was a white sheet over a duvet. Sort of weird. That night after we got home from having drinks, the toilet didn't flush. We figure it would sort it self out and waited until morning, but it still was not working when we woke up. We called the front desk and an engineer came up immediately and plunged the toilet and declared that it was fine and working. When I used it, it still seemed like it was very slow and not working properly. When I took a shower, the drain was also very slow and I stood in 2 inches of water the whole time. My boyfriend had to wait 15 minutes for water to drain so he could shower. We called the front desk and the very polite girl moved us to another room. Again, I just didn't think the rooms were warm or welcoming. Guess what? next morning the toilet didn't flush.

Everyone was very pleasant at the hotel, but I just didn't think it was 4 stars material. They did have a nice flat screen tv and the sound machine was a nice touch and definitely needed when the traffic started up early in the morning. We are planning another trip soon, but I think we will end up staying at another hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank muggsymoo
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This is the first hotel review I've ever written. I'm the easiest guest a hotel could ask for. Mostly because I usually check-in, don't say much or really ask for anything, go straight to my room and checkout the next day. That being said I actually spent an hour at this hotel on their couch this past Saturday afternoon resting, after a long day walking around Baltimore and I was amazed at what I saw. I saw employees who stopped at nothing to help guests and were very proactive in doing so.

Whether it was people at the desk asking a passerby if they needed anything, or a gentlemen meticulously ensuring that a couple's 10 year anniversary was special with a window view of the harbor I was just amazed at how caring and how engaged the staff was here. Even as I entered the building people always made eye contact and greeted me. I checked in with their kiosk system but so much as a glance in the direction of staff on my way to my room drew immediate attention to me and if I had any concerns or needs. We actually forgot our phone charger but one of the employees made huge efforts to try and find one which I felt was above and beyond. Despite booking the room with priceline we were put up in a very nice room on the next to top floor with a partial view of the harbor which I thought was exceeding expectations as well. Upon checking out they waived an internet charge and stored our bags for 5 hours while we checked out Baltimore. There just wasn't a single thing to complain about here. My standards are fairly high and they exceeded each one at this hotel.

By the way the access to the harbor was quick and easy, with an elevated walkway that drops you right into the heart of Baltimore's biggest attraction. Rooms were clean and even the housekeeper was friendly as I was leaving. It was just a nice experience here and I appreciate employees just being nice and genuinely caring.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JFER1980
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide such a thoughtful review! I am elated your experience at our property exceeded expectations. We have a great staff that prides themselves on providing excellent service to our guests. I will be sure to let the management team know you found the staff to be top notch. It sounds like you really enjoyed your room and found the location of the property to be very convenient. We look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Nice! A hotel where it really is all about the guest experience. The hotel itself was lovely, but the real asset was the customer service. Even though our two night reservation was booked through a discounter, every single staffer treated us as special customers. Staff are warm, friendly, and responsive. We had a few simple requests which were happily accommodated, with personal and warm attention from management.

The room was tastefully furnished, comfortable, and meticulous, although guests may want to know that room 'refreshing' may be scheduled later than you might expect. (Apparently Housekeeping can 'expedite' if you'd like them to come earlier. I would do that next time.)

Although we were not in Baltimore for touring, the hotel is perfectly located for walkable Inner Harbor activities, and is close to trendy neighborhoods for upscale dining choices. We didn't valet the car, as a less expensive self-park garage is attached to the hotel, but even those valet guys were helpful and welcoming. It's pretty clear that management must instill a 'We love our guests!' mantra into employees throughout the entire organization.

My daughter and I return to Baltimore periodically, and I'd consider it a 'score' to be able to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Higher floors have nice views.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HRH_Ms_Mom
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property. It is always great to hear when our guests experience exceeds expectations. Your comments regarding the staff are greatly appreciated. Our staff takes great pride in the service they offer to our guests. We want to make sure all of our guests needs and requests are accommodated. I look forward to your next stay when you return to Baltimore. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!