“Inauguration Experience”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #12 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Was a very good hotel. The staff was very nice and helpful. They put us on a quieter floor due to the high capacity of guest in the hotel. I stayed in a King guest room with my boyfriend and sister and got the roll out bed I requested back in November!!! Thank you for that because it helped me accommodate my sister for our Inauguration experience. Our room faced the Harbor and this hotel has a skywalk on the second floor to guide visitors to the Harbor and shopping areas of downtown. Baltimore has a dedicated Holocaust Memorial located on Gay Street, it's a must see and walking distance from the hotel. The only time we had to use the car was to drive to D.C. The valet parking is expensive and the self parking is 28.00 per night. Next to the hotel is Sullivan's Steakhouse and Kona Grill if you don't want to eat in the hotel. (Literally 1 minute in walking distance). Overall, I would stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask the hotel if they have special guests that are in town due to a major event and what floor are t...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked a weekend stay here for my mom for her 50th birthday. Service was exceptional. The concierge even greeted my mom with a nice complimentary birthday treat to her room on arrival. Room was a nice size with a decent view of the inner harbor. The bathroom was beautiful with mosaic tile. Toilet was a little low to the floor and bath tub was a little small but super clean. Overall it was a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We were checking into this hotel and were pleasantly surprised in so many ways! We only paid $75 for our room. We booked through Priceline.com and got a really good deal. Well, we thought we would get a so-so room, but the lady at the desk actually gave us a room overlooking the Inner Harbor AND it was down at the end of the hall with no adjoining rooms! It was on the 7th floor with the best view ever. The room was incredible. She also, without us asking at all, waived the $27 parking fee that normally people would have to pay for just for spending the night. Bethany was the hotel clerk that checked us in. She was so accommodating and friendly and she remembered us the next day. We were also offered 2 free complimentary breakfasts from the Bistro on the 2nd floor, which had everything you could possibly want for breakfast. The reason that the breakfast was complimentary? Well, the taxi cab that drove us from Bo Brooks to our hotel later that night tried to rip us off by charging us too much. We told the guy that stands out front assisting hotel guests and he was so apologetic as if it were his fault!!!! He said, "use Yellow Cab only" and this won't happen and then he comped our breakfasts for the next day! GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!! What more can I say? Stay here, you won't be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ask for an Inner Harbor view! You won't be disappointed!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KeriMcFaddenLudwig
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I really appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It’s always a pleasure to hear when our guests have an outstanding experience. I’ll be sure to let Bethany and the rest of the staff that you mentioned know that their service was top notch. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Baltimore. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed January 22, 2013

was at the hotel for three days i/18-1/21/13 room was great the service people was wonderful the doormen was great. one problem is a bar in every room i dont drink and that is not a problem with me. if this is someone first time and didnt know about the and is a ex-drinker it maynot be good for them. this a great hotel i will be back a great place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We travel to Baltimore every November for business and usually stay at the Marriott waterfront. We couldn't get a room at the Marriott this year so we stayed at the Hyatt. The first thing you notice is how friendly the staff is. The excellent service is worth the stay! Our room was fine with the exception of the toilet. It looked like a public bathroom toilet, toilets must not have ever been replaced during renovations. The rest of the bathroom was fine. Our room was on the 5th floor and overlooked the common areas which was a little noisy. Breakfast Sunday morning was good but our waitress here was the one exception to the service, she was very nice but very slow. Overall we would stay here again

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms over looking the common areas.
3  Thank Marie F
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt in Baltimore in early November for a conference. It's a great location with great views of the harbor, and walking distance to the convention center. Room needed an upgrade- kind of dated- poor lighting- but not bad by any means. Had I been staying here on vacation I probably wouldn't have been as pleased as I was do to the nature of the reason of my travel. Front desk was friendly, food in the ballrooms was very well done. Much better than a lot of conference food. All in all, a good business stay.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

On a recent visit to the Hyatt Baltimore, I found it to be a good business hotel with great views of the Baltimore Inner Harbor. This, however, did not distinguish it in my mind from other hotels in the area or in general. What stood out for me was the unbelievable customer service and willingness to help of all staff - from management to housekeeping and nearly every employee I happened to meet. There was a genuine desire to make my stay comfortable and pleasant. Any minor issue brought to the attention of the staff was immediately taken care of. As a frequent traveler, I know what good service is and needs to be and appreciate it when I receive it. The facilities are nice too, with easy access to the harbor, a basically good restaurant and all the usual amenities of a top notch hotel. I recommend it highly.