“WONDERFUL Customer service, great location!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #16 of 61 Hotels in Baltimore
Kittredge, Colorado
“WONDERFUL Customer service, great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel itself is standard Hyatt, good, clean, all the amenities, however I was blown away by the exceptional customer service at this hotel. It truly made being away from home a little bit easier with all of the welcoming and helpful staff. The location of this hotel is almost as centrally located as you could want in the inner harbor near all of the food, fun, shopping and water.

• 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
  • Korean first
Cumberland, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

The hotel was clean and had a great location. Very friendly staff, but paper thin walls. If you are a heavy sleep-it's a 5star. If you are a light sleeper-it's a 2star. The hotel was generally quiet, but every sound in the hallway could be clearly heard!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Shawn R
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Relatively inexpensive considering the brand,central location, walking distance location from most of what Baltimore offers. Very helpful staff, clean, and great facilities . . . a road warrior here . . . highly recommend.

• 5 of 5 stars
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear Shlomo K:

Thank you for taking a moment to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how well our centralized location worked for your stay. Our employees will be recognized for the great customer service provided. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back!

East Windsor, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed one night at the Hyatt for a family trip and birthday celebration. When we first got there, the staff from the bellman, valet and front desk were wonderful. Very professional, knowledgeable, and polite. We were checked in early (10:30am), which was great. Our room was very nice. Beautiful view of the inner harbor (right across the street), and very clean. We were thrilled so far. After a long day of sightseeing we got back to the hotel around 9pm for bed. After being in a dead sleep I was awoken by a couple checking in next to us at 3:30am. Im assuming they had been drinking because they were extremely rude (talking on their cell phone on speaker phone while calling the front desk because they were too drunk to figure out how to use their room key). From about 3:30am - 5:30am I was kept awake because the hot and heavy couple who had just checked in were loud, even woke up my 11 year old son and husband. The walls were so thin, it was mortifying trying to cover up what we were hearing to my 11 year old. Not sure what the hotel could really do in this situation, but I had just wished they did not check in a drunk, hot and heavy couple next to a family of 4. The hotel was not full, I can't imagine this was the only room available. My husband complained to the front desk in the morning, nothing they really could have done at this point. I just wish the front desk had been more careful when checking certain guests in. Unfortunately I won't be staying at this hotel again, it's a shame because it was really nice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jennyd08520
Forney, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Baltimore for the first time in a while, and I must say that with the renovations they did a few years ago this hotel has vastly improved. This is one of the two most convenient hotels to stay in if one is working in the Convention Center as I was. Also, it is right across the street from the Inner Harbor . . . our room was a little noisy at night, but that was offset by the great the harbor view we had. We paid extra to get a large suite, but it was great given I had to work through the wee hours every night and it had a separate work area with a desktop computer that was far from where my wife slept. The only thing I didn't like was the bed was not comfortable to me . . . very surprising given I don't typically have that problem when staying at a Hyatt. I should note that the person I worked with at the front desk, Jennifer, was great in how she helped me with my room selection!

Room Tip: Upper floors away from the Harbor if you want quite . . . and join the Hyatt Rewards program to have...
1 Thank Moochiebpaul
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
HI Moochiebpaul!

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. Your comments are greatly appreciated, and it's great to hear about the wonderful service provided. We'll make sure Jennifer is recognized for the tremendous service provided during your visit. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit to Baltimore.

Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stay at this hotel moderately often, always because I am attending some business event that is taking place there and luckily, I am rarely paying for it because when I see the published rates they are higher than those of the other local hotels that I far prefer. The check in clerk was the high point of the stay. Overall, the hotel is on the dark side (which is very common of Hyatt design in general). This hotel is starting to look a bit tired. The room itself was fine, but absolutely not special. I found it amazing that when I called the front desk at 8 pm on a Thursday night to say I had run out of contact lens solution, there response was so sorry, we have none, the gift shop is closed. There is a 7-11 a couple blocks away. Are you kidding!? Anywhere else, they either have it gratis or at low price or (and I've had this happen more than once), the manager opens the gift shop for you. Another peeve is that at these business meetings, they put the hot water in the same carafes that they have used for coffee, so the tea is never good. I bought my own tea at Perks, but that is only open very short hours, which is a problem when you are trapped in an all day meeting. I am just generally underwhelmed by the hotel, although there is nothing really wrong with it.

1 Thank scubed0127
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My boyfriend and I had a wonderful stay at the Hyatt on 11/16/12.
Our room was beautiful and very clean, with a great view of the harbor.
I sometimes have anxiety about traveling/staying in hotels but I was carefree for this trip. I couldn't have been more comfortable.
The staff is great and very accommodating. Jamie at the front desk was especially helpful, cheerful, and even called up once we got into our room to make sure we were satisfied.
The nice man in the Regency Club Lounge that night also went above and beyond to make sure we were taken care of.
Overall I have no complaints and I will definitely be staying here again. I recommend the Hyatt Regency to anyone planning to stay in Baltimore. It is also close to everything on the inner harbor - we were in town to see a concert and go to the aquarium during the day and didn't have to take a cab anywhere.
Wonderful experience!

Room Tip: Rooms with a view/partial view of the harbor are great and I definitely recommend the Regency Club l...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Cait M:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us! Often, we'll hear enthusiastic feedback from our guests with regards to the fantastic views of the Harbor. Our employees will be recognized for the great services provided while you were here. We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to the area!