“Super hotel, great service and location!”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Cromer, United Kingdom
“Super hotel, great service and location!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I cannot recommend this hotel enough: the staff are so friendly and helpful, from the efficient front-desk team through to the concierge and room service team. They all want to make their hotel guests stay a memorable one - and truly provide excellent customer service!

I was warmly welcomed and well looked after for the duration of my 5-day stay - which was a combination of business and pleasure. I greatly appreciated the range of excellent guest services at the hotel .... especially the business centre and the well-equipped desk/office area in my room when I had work to do in the evenings. During the weekend I also enjoyed the very nice and well-maintained outside swimming pool and sun deck facilities. The food in the the hotel restaurant is very good - as is the choice and quality of the room service menu.

My harbor view suite was lovely - really thoughtfully decorated and large and very comfortable. I travel overseas a lot and this was my second visit to the Hyatt Regency at Baltimore - so I can totally recommend it for business travellers; and talking to other guests that I met during my stay, it was clear that the hotel is equally popular with families and couples. It is in a great location: directly facing the inner harbor - and central to lots of interesting places to visit and explore. I will definitely be returing later in the year on my next trip to the States. A big 'thank-you' to all the staff for a great visit!

Room Tip: Corner harbor facing suites are wonderful - with superb views!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. We're thrilled you had such a wonderful time at our hotel. It's great to hear our staff made your stay one to remember. Please feel free to contact us if you need any future assistance. Your recommendation is our highest compliment. We look forward to your next visit.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Korean first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We recently stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding and were overall quite pleased. We found the hotel staff to be polite and helpful, and the room was clean. It is located on Baltimore's Inner Harbor with great views. It was a bit pricey, but probably the going rate for the area. It has its own parking ramp, which is quite convenient, except when it gets filled with Oriole's fans who park there (ramp is open to the public and not just hotel guests).
Overall a nice hotel, but you should expect very nice for the price you are paying!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2012

You know how it starts, last minute call because they forgot to use your Diamond upgrade only to find out," I'm sorry we are completely booked and have no extra rooms to accommodate your upgrade at this time" Its one of those trips, your taking the wife and daughter and even though the rooms are nice its never quite the same. I'm driving in, I'm running late, we pull up, I jump out mumble some instructions and run to the front desk. Please, I am in hurry and need to get to my room in 7 minutes. The first thing I hear is, rite away Mr. Higgins, she remembered my name from all the previous times I have been here. Nice touch. She takes my card, processes the reservation and then it happens. Mr Higgins we were unable to accommodate your request for your King size bed on the club level so we are giving you the best room available. I'm waiting for the double bed response. "We have upgraded you to the Presidential Suite. With everything going on, I could not help but crack a smile and think "Home Run". As I turned around the bellman was there with my luggage ready to accommodate us to our room and also has our valet ticket for our vehicle also taken care of and parked in its exxecutive position. I got to our room, smiled as I walked through the double doors, launched my laptop and was online with the network call I had to make. Everything was perfect. For the rest of the stay everything was as it always is from the greeting of Hello every time I walked in the door, the greeting from the staff people who also take the time to recognize you. My wife is from Belarus and doesn't always understand what's going on so when she has that look on her face, someone always steps up and ask, what can I help you with? They have a great bar and make one of the best Margaritas. A great Breakfast bar in the morning that is above the standard of most places I travel too. I was truly surprised when my wife told me that I was missed in the club room and hadn't made my normal appearance, so I made a trip to the club prior to leaving and was warmly greeted and told, I was afraid I wasn't going to see you this trip. These are all the things that make a hotel a home away from home. My wife and daughter obviously enjoyed the Suite and didn't want to check out. I enjoyed the comfort of first class service and knowing that my family was always being looked out for even when I wasn't there
Great Job!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Dear knight1955:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We appreciate the level of detail you've gone into with sharing your review. We'll make sure to recognize our employees for the tremendous service they offered, not only to you, but your family as well. Hyatt takes great pride with this, so it's always fantastic to receive specific guest details & examples of our great employees. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back. Thank you for your referral, as it is greatly appreciated!

Philadelphia
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Best, Clean, great view of the inner harbor

I stayed twice at this Hyatt Regency Baltimore. Great location. As a 5-star luxury hotel located on the heart of Baltimore inner harbor. Upscale hotel with modern amenities, an award-wining restaurant

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Dear Mani-travel:

Thank you for going out of your way to share feedback on your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We greatly appreciate your comments with regards to how much you enjoyed your stay in our comfortable guestroom and dining at our restaurant. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back soon!

Newport Beach, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,195 helpful votes
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed one night at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore with a group of colleagues and clients. I was upgraded to a suite due to the fact that I paid for the group of rooms.

Front desk staff and room service were very friendly and efficient. The lobby was spacious and had lots of nice seating areas with modern furnishings.

My suite was oddly laid out, with a junior suite bedroom separated with a doorway into an entertaining room with dining area, living area, kitchenette, and separate bathroom. Since we were only there one night, I basically closed off the entertainment suite and only used the spacious but oddly laid out bedroom. The furnishings in the bedroom area were modern and clean, though.

Air conditioning did not work as well as I would have expected, and this is one amenity I require. They did send someone to check on it while I was out at dinner, but the A/C never did really work very well.

All in all, a solid hotel if you like large properties. I never did get access to their club even though I was Platinum, but I did get free internet--which worked OK but not great.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bill R
London
Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here two nights while visiting family and brought our 1 year old baby. They provided the travel cot and even some mini baby toiletries! The bed was super comfortable and we had a fantastic view of the harbour. Everything is in walking distance. The staff are amazing. We had breakfast and dinner there. Great food, attentive but not intrusive staff and there is a really nice atmosphere. Only downside was the noise from some guests who had been at the game ( there is a baseball stadium close by) and were a bit loud and annoying at night.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear TreasaC:

Thank you for taking the time to share comments about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We greatly appreciate your comments with regards to the excellent service provided by our associates. They will be recognized for their assistance to make your stay with your toddler memorable. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back the next time you're in the area.

Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is in the perfect location and has the best views of the Inner Harbor. The service at the hotel is top notch and the rooms are very nice. It is only a short walk to Camden Yards, Little Italy, National Aquarium and other attractions, Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wysocki9999
, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Dear wysocki9999:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great that you were close to some of the attractions you wanted to see while you were in the city. Often, we'll hear guests rave about our fantastic views provided from our rooms facing the harbor. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back with us!