“This was a Gem”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #11 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I spent a weekend at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore with my girlfriend to see the sites and catch a show and I can honestly say that this was one of the best hotel stays I’ve ever experienced. From the Keith the head valet to Melvin the bellhop to the front desk staff, everyone was extremely courteous, professional and helpful. Check in was seamless. The room was very nice and clean (definitely request a harbor view). One especially nice touch was the ultra modern bathroom with a glass shower big enough for two (oolala!)

The hotel is accessible via an above street walkway to the Harbor as well as the Convention Center. We were at the epicenter of everything in downtown Baltimore so all the restaurants at the harbor, Convention center, Camden Yards and the Aquarium are all within walking distance. Nothing was more than a 10-15 minute walk. We took in a show at 1st Mariners and it was a $4.00 cab ride.

Check out was quick via a invoice that I was emailed with barcode to scan at a kiosk. The whole process to about 3 minutes. In the morning on the way out I highly recommend the pineapple fiz in the lobby.

All in all this was an excellent top tier experience. Ok if I had to say anything bad about the stay was that I was kind of shocked by the prices at the gift shop (I paid $11 for 2 bottles of water) but I suppose that’s to be expected. Anything you need is a 10 minute walk over to the harbor. But this did nothing to diminish my stay

Room Tip: The Harbor View Upgrade was $29 but it was well worth it for teh beautiful full moon view over the w...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Dear cadman_foster:

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. Your comments with regards to this being one of the best hotel stays you've experienced are greatly appreciated. We'll make sure to recognize our employees for the tremendous job they've done with making you feel welcomed. We hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to Baltimore!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate

Write a ReviewReviews (2,345)

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My family (myself, my wife, and a 14 month old baby) decided to stay at the Hyatt for one night to sightsee. Overall, this was a very good stay. The location can't be beat (walking distance to the Aquarium, Port Discovery, restaurants, etc) and the hotel itself was very clean. All the staff were very friendly and said "hi" to us in the halls or wherever we ran into any of them.

I shelled out a little more to get the Regency Club perks. We were first placed on the Regency Club floor (12th floor) in room 1220. Being a Platinum Hyatt member, they gave us a great harbor view room. Unfortunately, there were frat guys next door who were wrestling (sounded like they were throwing eachother off the walls) and loud music playing so we I had to call the front desk and asked to be moved. They moved us right away to the other side of the hotel (room 1230) and although it wasn't the harbor view, it was MUCH quieter, which was good for our baby who needs his naps in the room. I asked for a pack n play but one wasn't there so I called the front desk again and they brought it up instantly. Great service.

The only glitch on our stay was our disappointment with the Regency Club. At check-in, I was given a paper with all the perks of the Club and what times the drinks were being served, etc, but when I had gone in there in the afternoon and early evening for a quick finger food bite, most of the food was not replenished and there was barely anything to eat. The drinks were supposedly being served (cash bar) between 8pm-9pm and I walked in at 8:30pm to grab a beer and noted that there was no one there. I waited around until 9pm but ended up leaving to grab a bite and a drink downstairs at the Bistro 300 restaurant (which by the way, the bar tender was excellent). The following morning we went into the Regency Club lounge for breakfast and it was pretty decent. There was someone there to refill the food and it was also nice having access to free bottled water and soda at anytime we want. Was the lounge as great as advertised? No, it definitely needs improvement, but overall, it was satisfactory.

So even with the slight glitch of the Regency Club, why did I give it 5 stars? Well, couple of days after we got back from our stay, I got an email asking for a feedback/survey of our stay. I said pretty much the same thing about the Regency Club and a day later, I got a personal email from the Hyatt management apologizing and awarded me bonus 5,000 points on my Goldpass. Now that's customer service and a true reflection of Hyatt standards. I don't even care about the points. Just the fact that someone took the time to write me a personal email apologizing, that would've still been good enough to get 5 stars in my book. The points, I'll use it right back at another Hyatt this summer for our stays, so it doesn't matter, but it's little things like this is what separates Hyatt from other hotels.

It made me feel very proud to be a Hyatt Platinum member and will definitely be back to this hotel very soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank kwondogg
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We're glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your trip. Our hotel is right on the harbor and is in an excellent location for sightseeing. We're delighted to hear our staff made you feel right at home during your stay and exceeded your expecations afterward. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to our staff. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt soon.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed April 1, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel this weekend while attending a conference at the hotel. We absolutely loved the location, between the shopping, restaurants, aquarium and other sights of the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. This hotel is typical of the quality I expect from the Hyatt Regency chain.
Even though we arrived late check-in was a pleasant experience. The late night staff were very friendly and sped us through the process efficiently. Our room was decently sized and had a modest view of the harbor and of Federal Hill. The TV was a nice sized flat screen. There were plenty of electrical outlets conveniently placed for charging phones and lap tops. The bed was quite comfortable with a nice selection of pillows. Temperature control was a little uneven but was acceptable. The bath room only had a shower which might be a little disconcerting for people who like a bath but it was large and worked very well. The toilet's handle can only be reached if you put the lid down and that is somewhat awkward. Also, when we brushed our teeth our first night the drain plug in the sink was shut. The lever to unplug it is very small and is located at the back, bottom of the spigot where it is very difficult to find. Another thing that was a little annoying was that they ask us to be "green" and reuse our towels but there is only one small place to hang a towel up.
They have a very nice fitness center and a roof top pool that was not yet open for the season. The lobby area, the meeting rooms, and the restaurant are all quite nice. I was also very impressed with the quality of the staff.
Overall, this is a very nice property, is well staffed, and is in a super location.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Nice venue for a conference. Meeting spaces were typically over crowded for our group, however. The interior glass elevator ride was a nice way to view the harbor on the way to and from my room and the meetings. The skywalk to the inner harbor made a pleasurable connection to that area directly from the hotel. Nice area for a walk or dining alfresco from a takeout place.

Room Tip: Might ask for a room with a harbor view.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Spent two nights here. It's clean and convenient to the inner harbor. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room was not luxurious, but the bathroom seemed very updated and had a really good shower. The room service was great for breakfast (although I see their restaurant did not get very high reviews from others). I would recommend this for business or a couple wanting to visit the inner harbor for a getaway.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a view of the harbor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 19, 2012

I booked here last minute through Priceline so I can't comment on the value of a full price room, but for a discount it's great. Nice room with floor to ceiling window views. Comfortable bedding and a great shower. The staff was really helpful during our late check-in and very understanding when we forgot about the time change in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2012

We came into Baltimore on 2/17 to catch Bonerama (a great New Orleans band) at the 8x10 Club with some friends. Doing the late night drive back to Fredericksburg after the show seemed crazy to us so we booked a room at the Hyatt Regency. Everything about our stay was just a positive experience, beginning with Mr. Taylor at the front desk. He was courteous, professional, had great wit and a winning smile. We threw him a couple curve balls (i.e., room request and credit card requirements) and he handled each one perfectly. When asked if we could speak to the manager on duty, he made it clear that it was in no way an issue and he would be glad to assist. The manager was equally as professional answering all questions!!! As a side note, our conversation with the manager was not the result of any problem in terms of our reservation.

Room was great. We stayed in a Respire room which is a hypo-allergenic room. Wow, what a difference that made. I have allergies and typically find myself waking up congested and tired when I stay at a hotel. This time when I woke up I didn't have the need to hop into a steaming shower just to breath. The bed was comfortable, room was spotless, and I loved the bathroom design. I would say it was about average size with plenty of storage area/cabinets and a work area. All electronics/lights/temperature control/Wi-Fi were in working order.

Although the hotel has many really cool features, the glass elevator was awesome. You can look out over the Inner Harbor and at night it is pretty spectacular!!

As an FYI, parking is not free to hotel guest (we knew that). I believe it was either $28 or $32 for the evening. Poor planning on our part as we came in separate vehicles. Just something travelers may want to plan for if on a budget.

I will absolutely be staying at the Hyatt on my next trip to Baltimore.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allumere
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2012

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful review! We're thrilled you and your friends had a excellent stay. Our Respire rooms are great for anyone with allergies and we're delighted you were able to enjoy the benefits of this room. We will be sure to pass your compliments on to Mr. Taylor. We look forward to your next visit.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate