“THE BEST STAFF EVER”

Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Baltimore, Maryland
“THE BEST STAFF EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at the Hyatt last year this time for my wedding with all my family and friends. While waiting for my wedding brunch (one year ago today), my father suddenly collapsed in the lobby and passed the following day. I cannot express the gratitude our family holds towards the staff of the Hyatt, Jessie, being one that strongly stands out. They were not only fantastic when it came to accommodating us for the wedding, but they went above and beyond when it came to compassion and understanding with my fathers death and were there if we needed something while we were making arrangements of getting my father upstate and grieving (to the extent that in a fully booked hotel they always ensured my mother had a room facing the harbor so she would have that a beautiful view). A year later, it still makes me comforted to think of the staff and the amount of compassion they offered.
THANK YOU SO MUCH! (and it was in September of 2010, but trip advisor won't let me go back one more month).

Room Tip: Inner Harbor View
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank TLSantoro
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for providing us with such a heartfelt review. Please all me to experience my condolences for your loss. I am proud that our staff was able to make your wedding and stay with us as comfortable as possible during your trying time. I will be honored to pass along your comments to the staff letting them know that their compassion and service help see you through this difficult time. Your recommendation is our biggest compliment.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Korean first
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

I have stayed here several times and it has never disappointed. Meals are expensive here & without a deal the rooms are too. I stayed with a negotiated conference rate that was very reasonable. The food has always been very good but pricey. The service has always been excellent. Be sure to figure in the cost of parking and I recommend at lot next door that is almost reasonable. There is an overhead walk to the festival marketplace at Inner Harbor and the environment seems safe. Be careful of the free internet in the lobby because I spoke to several he said they believed there Facebook account was hacked from there. My room did not have much of a view but most of the rooms have excellent views. There are great restaurants nearby.

Room Tip: Park across the street next door for a better rate.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert B
Morbio Inferiore, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

Stayed for two nights in very big and beautiful hotel located on the harbor and my room had a stunning view of the inner harbor. The rooms had everything someone would need: an oversized and comfortable bed, a big bathroom and a flat screen satellite tv. There was also wi-fi connection, but it s not complementary. The only glitch was that in the room it was a little too warm, while in the hallways air conditiong was running at full power. The bar on the second floor had a large variety of drinks and breakfast was very good ( you could choose either buffet or service at table). A pedestrian bridge was made for this hotel to reach the inner harbor thus avoiding to cross the highly trafficated street. Want to go to baltimore? The hyatt it s a no brainer.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank Riccardo92
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Hello Riccardo92!

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at our hotel! We appreciate you going out of your way to do this. We're delighted to hear how well our location on the Inner Harbor worked for your stay. It's good to hear how much you enjoyed your room, along with your stunning views of the harbor from your room. If you're ever back in the area, we hope to welcome you back again!

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Fairless Hills, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2011

We are staying here as I type this review. 2 nights, king harborview room.We would not normally spend this much on a hotel but it is our 20th anniversary and my hubbys birthday.

Check in was a breeze with the self checkin kiosks. The room is nice, nothing out of the ordinary. You are paying for the view, which is great!!. We had a problem last night with the room next door blaring their TV to late hours so we called the front desk and they sent security up and it got quiet. The hotel gave us a voucher with a list of things to choose from for our inconvenience. I thought that was very nice.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a harborview room
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying your stay at our property. I am honored that you chose to spend your anniversary and birthday celebration with us. It sounds as if you have a great view from your room. Our property has fantastic harbor views. I am pleased that the front desk was able to resolve the noise issue you had during your stay in a timely manner. We appreciate your feedback. Your referral is our biggest compliment!

Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I were visiting Baltimore for one night. After looking at several hotels, we chose the Hyatt Regency because of it's location to both the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. We are so happy we chose this hotel. It was about $30 more when compared to other hotels, but it was definitely worth the extra money. It is conveniently located only a few blocks from I-95 so you don't have to worry about getting lost in the city!

We arrived on a Friday morning in August at around 10:30 a.m. and used the self-parking. We were greeted at the front door by the bellman who opened the door for us. There was no line at the front desk and we were greeted by Adam. He was very helpful and friendly. We were able to check-in immediately. Adam also charged the parking ($27...this seemed to be the same at other hotels) to our room so we could avoid the self-service machines.

We were on the 14th floor and were given a corner room. This room was significantly larger than the other rooms. However, we didn't have a view of the harbor. No big deal, we weren't in the room that long anyway. The room had a desk/chair, table/chairs, a chaise lounge, mini-bar and big flat screen t.v. The bed was comfy and air-conditioning worked well. The bathroom was small, but served its' purpose. There were floor-to-ceiling windows, but as I said, no view of the harbor.

There is one casual restaurant on-site which is open for breakfast. In the afternoon, the bar opens and then the restaurant re-opens for dinner. There is a small place to grab coffee and a bagel/croissant/muffin, etc... for a quick breakfast. There is also a small gift shop located next to the coffee place.

The best part about this hotel is the location. If you walk out the side doors on the second floor, you can take the Skywalk right over to the Inner Harbor. There was even security stationed on the walkway at night so it was safe at any time of day. Camden Yards is only a few blocks away and very easy to walk to.

We really enjoyed visiting Baltimore and wished we could have stayed longer as there is so much to do. We definitely plan to return to Baltimore and would without a doubt, choose the Hyatt Regency. The staff was friendly. The hotel was clean. The room was nice. Definitely a perfect location for a trip to Baltimore's Inner Harbor!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger than regular rooms, however you are not guaranteed a harbor view!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kristine_LongIsland
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Dear Kristine_LongIsland:

Thank you for taking a moment to go into detail about your stay at our Hyatt Regency Baltimore. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed our location on the inner harbor and the proximity to Camden Yards. We're glad to hear you enjoyed your corner room for the one night stay. Our corner rooms can provide that extra needed space when traveling to spread out a bit. We appreciate your kind remarks, as your referral is our biggest compliment. We look forward to seeing you again.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Red Bank, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stay at a lot of Hyatt properties and was somewhat disappointed with this one. The location is great if you are attending a baseball or football game or if you want to stroll the inner harbor area. The bellhop service was very friendly and helpful. Had a long wait at check in, while the employee was flirting with the guest in front of me... but hey if it's true love, you gotta do what you gotta do! The rooms, however, seemed a bit dated. We were told that the first several floors were being renovated. The property could definitely use it. Got a tip from one of the bellhops for a bite to eat... Kona Grill around the corner (tasty fish tacos). If I were to travel back to the area, I would only stay at this hotel if the renovations were complete.

Room Tip: If you don't want to pay for wifi, sign up to be a Hyatt passport member... it's free for me...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Lehigh Valley,PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

Wasn't sure how this would go since hotel semed more geared to business travelers/conventioners than family vacation, but we are so glad we chose the Hyatt.
First it was very convenient to walk over to Inner Harbor attractions. Nea at the front desk was phenominal !!! She greeted the kids with a little treat which was an unexpected surprise, and overall was just so great. All the staff was very cheery and helpful.
Our harborview room was fantastic - well appointed, comfortable, clean. The kids loved it, along with the roof top pool. While it was a little more than we normally spend, the room, view, service, and location was worth the splurge. If we visit again, the Hyatt will be at the top of our list!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LVPADad
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, September 5, 2011
It is always great to hear when our guests have a fantastic experience at our property. I am delighted that you chose to spend your family vacation with us. It sounds like your encounters with the staff were very pleasant. I will be sure to pass along all your lovely comments to Nea and the rest of our staff letting them know about their fabulous service. We offer guests some of the best harbor views in Baltimore. Along with the great views is our superb location. Located in the heart of the Inner Harbor makes it convenient for all of our guests to go and explore. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property soon. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated!