“Amazing trip for our family”

Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #13 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I have never written a review before but this hotel was so amazing that I just had to. We stayed for 2 nights at the Hyatt Regency at Inner Harbor and got a "Harbor View" room. The staff made us feel like we were family. It is a safe, secure, clean and absolutely gorgeous hotel. We went with our 8 and 10 year old and they just loved it. Our view was breathtaking. There is a sky walk over the highway so you never have to even deal with crossing a street and with your room sitting above the buildings the view of the water and all the happenings is very clear. Street performers all day and into the evening that are free and perform for tips. High security all around so it is safe. Water taxi takes you all around. There are 3 different kids' museums within blocks and countless restaurants. A mall full of interesting shops is right next door. I had to pay a little more for this hotel but it was so worth it with the harbor view. Wait until you get in the elevator! I would do it all over! Count on spending more than what you are used to for area eating. It's an expensive location. And if you're on a budget, bring a little cooler to put left overs or snacks/drinks in. There is a fridge but it is stocked with hotel drinks and snacks. ($5.30 for a bottle of water!) Even if you just splurge and go overnight it is worth it!

1  Thank Reese B
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

Dear ReeseB,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We're thrilled you and your family had a wonderful time in Baltimore. It's great to hear that our staff made you feel at home. Our hotel on the inner harbor is an excellent location for shopping and museums. We're glad you were able to take advantage of our location to its fullest extent. We hope to welcome you back soon!

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed August 10, 2011

Pretty ordinary hotel, but excellent location right across street from inner harbor. Rooms were clean and relatively modern. My room overlooked the top of a parking garage - some rooms overlook harbor. Has a small outdoor pool that our 3 yr old used. Main complaint is that there was a lot of noise coming through the door - could hear every word anyone in the hall said, as well as elevator noise and constant door slamming all night. But I got it for $100 a night on Hotwire so was still a good deal. Staff was very friendly and professional.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I loved my stay at the Baltimore Hyatt.
Nea checked me in and gave me an absolutely stunning room with windows on three sides. I wished I could have stayed in my room the whole time! She also suggested I join the Hyatt's reward program to get free internet, which was very helpful since I was there for about a week.
Jesse was the greatest from the bell staff, he was so friendly and helpful! He certainly is an asset to the Hyatt.
Hotel was in a great location.
I wasn't impressed with housekeeping so much though, I had specifically left a note asking the housekeeper to not change the towels (trying to save the environment one towel at a time) but on the fourth night of my stay I asked to have my sheets changed, and she didn't, so I asked again the next day and they still didn't get changed. It didn't make sense to me that on my last night I would finally have clean sheets. It doesn't appear that the hotel has a "green program". The environment is a big issue and hotels should be doing their part. I would really like to see the Hyatt adopt a program like that.

Room Tip: corner rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at our property. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Nea and Jesse. We pride ourselves on the service we provide for our guests and want to ensure that they have a great experience while staying at our hotel. I appreciate your feedback regarding the housekeeping service during your stay. We welcome all of our guest’s suggestions and comments so we can continue to improve our service. Your recommendation is our greatest compliment. We hope to welcome you back to Hyatt in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Great hotel, courteous staff and I would say worth the splurge for the harbor view room. But add on of 35 for parking, 10 a day for internet and it just get's ridiculous. I mean, at least have some free coffee in the lobby or something. I would do it again if I could get a deal, but at this price not so much.

Room Tip: ask for upper floor
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This review will cover several topics: hotel, family activities, food, recommendations, for the inner harbor area. We stayed at this location due to attending a conference, so it was a mixed business and family trip. The hotel location is very good, direcetly accross from the inner harbor, with a secluded walkway over the expressway. We flew into BWI and took the light rail, which made it easy and cheap. At check-in, we had a delightful surprise > "homemade cookies". (I don't know if they were actually homemade, but they tasted like they were). We also discovered the Amtrak from the inner harbor to DC-Union Station, which was a good side trip to Capitol Hill. We also visited Ft. McHenry via water taxi > leave plenty of time to see the sights, take a tour, then return trip (ours was the last off the dock, and they were at capacity >>add another 45 min!). The location of the hotel is their best asset > rooms were good, baths were very good, meals were OK. We had a nice walk around the inner harbor and found an amazing restaurant > The Rusty Scupper. We visited them 3 times over the span of 3 days, and enjoyed the views, meals, and the very friendly waiter (ex-Navy, extra tall, fun with the kids, with great stories and recommendations). The fitness center was a fun visit for the kids: they have a unique upstairs sauna contained within the fitness room. One small drawback at the hotel was the Homecoming events held in the ballrooms downstairs coincided with our stay. It was crowded, noisey, and high schoolers Everywhere... To sum up: Great Location, Wonderful Treats, short walk to train station/ballpark/inner harbor/Ft. McHenry/etc; I would recommend this hotel for these reasons (plus the discounted rate did hurt either).

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We used to live in Baltimore and I was initially a little disappointed when I found out we were staying at the Hyatt because it used to be 'tired' when we lived there. What a surprise - we were tired from driving when we arrived and were greeted by Jazmin (sp?) at the front desk who swiftly told us she was giving us a corner room with two double beds and do we want a rollaway? (complimentary!) Then she gave our kids passes for free ice cream - this was a huge hit. The room was large, pleasant, clean and dramatic with floor-to-ceiling window walls which extended into the bathroom. The beds were comfortable. The location of the hotel is front and center at the Harbor. The common areas are minimal, but pleasant and comfortable and the rooftop pool is very nice. Another thing we noticed was the consistently friendly and service-oriented staff. We will definitely seek a stay in this Hyatt again!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, guest relations associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Wow! The little things always make a difference and it looks like Jasmine went a long way to ensure you and your family had a wonderful time. It’s great to hear that your family had a great time at our hotel. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate

Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was a nice hotel, great location for baltimore, you can walk right over the sky bridge and go to inner harbor restraunts and shops. It has a shop and nice size lobby. fun elevator, dinner at there restraunt on second level was good, nothing special. The room was a little small for my liking.

Room Tip: try a concierce level room, maybe they are bigger
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business