“Perfect Location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Phoenix, Arizona
“Perfect Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

The Hyatt Regency Baltimore is my new favorite hotel on the Inner Harbor. We had connecting rooms on the 5th floor the weekend of June 11 & 12th. From check in to check out, the whole stay was perfect. The location can't be beat, you are across the street from the entrance to the harbor with a water taxi stop right there. Walk a few blocks the other direction to Camden Yards. Many, many restaurants and things to do, all at your doorstep.
We were greeted by a representative immediately upon arrival and offered self check in or we could go to the front desk, which we chose as I had some questions. Front desk very friendly & helpful. We were offered bell services but declined as we had only a few small bags.
The rooms are nicely decorated, not too small. Our room was not waterfront so the view was not terrific in the daytime but at night it was pretty with the city lights.
We had a nightcap in the bar Saturday night and the atmosphere is nice, restful after a long day in the heat of Baltimore but not stuffy, just relaxed.
Excellent coffee in the main atrium, we grabbed a cup before heading out to breakfast. Did not try the hotel restaurant but overheard a couple in the elevator talking and they seemed to like it.
All in all, we had a wonderful time, can't wait to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank VirginiaKml
QualityBWIRB, Manager at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such wonderful feedback about your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore.

We are so pleased that your stay here was a memorable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back during your next trip to Baltimore.

Should you have any additional suggestions on how we can make your next stay an even better experience, please feel free to e-mail us at qualitybwirb@hyatt.com.

Thank you for your loyalty.

Many thanks,
The Hyatt Regency Baltimore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (307)
  • Korean first
Burke, VA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2011

I drove up from northern Virginia to catch the Kansas City Royals while they were in town. The staff was the friendliest and most helpful I have encountered in years. The location cannot was perfect; just a few blocks from Oriole Park at Camden Yards and one block from the Inner Harbor. The hotel lobby is definitely 4-star. While the rooms might lack what some might consider 4-star amenities, it was a nice sized room and very comfortable. I cannot say enough how great the staff treated me. From the front desk clerk, to the concierge, to the security staff, to the manager and on and on. I was just a guy dressed in Kansas City Royals clothing and I was treated as if I were a VIP. That alone was worth the stay. Considering the price of a 2-star hotel in the Inner Harbor area, the Hyatt is the best deal you will find in the area. I will definitely stay at the Hyatt on my next trip to Baltimore.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank NoVa_Chris
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, June 6, 2011
Dear NoVa_Chris:

Thank you for going out of your way to write this review about your recent visit to the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. We're thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed the level of customer service provided by the employees at the hotel. Hyatt prides itself in the excellent assistance provided by its personnel. We can't wait to welcome you back the next time the Kansas City Royals come to Camden Yards.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2011

Good location and helpful staff. Unfortunately the facility itself is old and unattractive. The value, in view of the price is ver low. The room was small, the bathroom dated, cramped at best bare bones.

The bottom line is that this is not a bad hotel but it is far from luxurious. It compares well to a run of the mill hotel that one may find along a highway or near an airport.

For example the health club is a small cramped room with bare walls a few weight machines, treadmills and cycles. Clean but Spartan at best.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at our property. The feedback provided by our guests will help us make any necessary changes to better our hotel for future guests. I will be sure to pass along your feedback to the appropriate personnel. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2011

Stayed with Wife the first weekend in May. We took the Light Rail in to the convention center stop and walked to the hotel. Location is very walkable with easy access to Light Rail, and the "Charm City Circulator" the free downtown bus. Also an easy walk to Camden Yards and the Inner Harbor. We took the Circulator to Fells Point with no problems at all.

The biggest issue with the hotel is that it's very dated.....the lobby area felt like a time warp to 1987. The only way up to the rooms was via a bank of glass elevators, which provided great views of the inner harbor but could also cause some nausea for some people. The room itself was clean and nice, but not quite up to standards of modern hotels. Another downside I saw was the pool/tennis area. It wasn't open yet, but it didn't look very appealing. Maybe they clean it up for the summer, but it still looked like the area hadn't been updated since the hotel opened.

Overall - decent location and easy to get around baltimore, but a little bit dated.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
North Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

I booked a room for two nights at the Hyatt. Upon arriving was told they only had double beds. Crystal was able to find a queen room for my husband and I. We thought how lucky we were for Crystal to be able to find a queen room. Upon arriving in the room we were greeted with loud screeching noises coming from the gigantic ventilation system or airconditioning system next to our hotel windows. Who could possibly sleep with the loud noise coming from the units on the roof, and for Crystal to even suggest that we sleep in this room is beyond belief . Crystal had to know the circumstances of this room because I am sure any guest who they suggested this room to resulted in the same action that we took. We called Crystal and explained why we wanted to have our room changed. She came to our room personally with a new key for another room that she said was an upgrade. To my surprise, if this new room was an upgrade I would hate to see what a down grade was:( The two nights that we spent in this room was the worst two nights I ever spent in any hotel, considering my husband and I travel often in and out the country.

The upgrade that Crystal gave us was two double beds. One of the beds had such a deep sink in it and was impossible to be comfortable. My husband and I slept in the double bed which was very uncomfortable since we are use to King size beds and we are big and tall people.

In all fairness if not for the uncomfortable room the hotel is very nice. Would I stay there again, not sure.

The parking fee is $27.00 per night and there is a fee to use the internet.
Thank you Crystal for your upgrade. I could not wait to get back home to write this review.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ellenisha
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2011

We got a good deal on this hotel through Hotwire, and given its location on the harbor and four-star status, I was anticipating a nice stay while showing some friends the city.

Check-in was slower than it needed to be. We were given a 4th floor "partial water view" room. Upon arriving, the room was facing the back of the hotel and there was no water or harbor view to be had at all. Additionally, it seems like the lower floor rooms were very close, overhanging the lobby, so privacy and quietness was lacking. Since we were staying one night, we decided that it would be fine.

There was a high school prom being thrown there this particular Saturday night. Late in the evening, the noise level became very loud with intoxicated high school students scouring around the hotel. Since it was well after midnight and we were in bed, we felt it was too late to request a room change. The thinness of the walls and poor construction of the hotel contributed to the noise problem.

The bathroom was nice, and the room was of a sufficient size. There was nothing very comfortable about it, though. The expectedly expensive parking, pay wireless internet, average room, and noise problem made this stay unpleasant.

I expected more from a Hyatt on the downtown waterfront, and after staying at the Renaissance years ago and looking at the outside appearance of the other hotels nearby, I will definitely avoid this dated facility in the future.

Room Tip: Get to the higher floors, away from lobby noise.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor, responded to this review, May 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback in regards to your stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I apologize for the unpleasant experience that you endured on this stay. We pride ourselves on providing our guests with the best possible experience and this unfortunate situation will be addressed immediately. I'm glad we were able to get in contact with you. Don't hesitate to contact us again. We look forward to welcoming you back to Hyatt in the future!

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Boulder, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2011

I really enjoyed my recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Baltimore. I am a loyal Marriott customer and I got a great deal for this hotel on Expedia so I gave it a shot. Lets just say I booked my next stay in DC with a Hyatt as well! I arrived late and check in was easy. The Front desk clerk, Valet and Doormen were very nice. I arrived in my room and it was clean and nice, the only issue I saw was a spot on the bench which of course I avoided like the plague. Otherwise the room was very nice. A beautiful view of the Harbor with floor to ceiling windows. There were extra pillows which I requested which was a nice attention to detail. I had to hurry and get to the bar/restaurant before it closed at midnight as I my flight into Baltimore was very late. Even though it was 15 minutes to close the wonderful bartender not only let me order food but stay and eat it while she was closing up. Thank you Debbie! Then I witnessed her serve another guest who showed up five minutes after closing. She even chatted with us both. This is great service at midnight! The housekeeper Chantay was very friendly and did a wonderful job refreshing my room while I was out at the Inner Harbor. She even wrote me a sweet note thanking me for the tip. The bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice.

There were only two issues I dealt with while I was there... first one is a preference, I like a hotel hairdryer attached to the wall for convenience and cleanliness. The one they had was underneath the sink on a shelf and did not feel like it was cleaned very often. The other issue was that I put one of the large bottles of water in the fridge that was on the table and a flyer was left instructing me not to place things in the fridge. I called down to get a fridge so I could have my $5 bottle of water cold but they never brought me one even though they said they would. Neither issues were a big deal just little things that I would fix if I were the manager. There should be room left in the fridge for a guests bottle of water or an additional guest fridge. If I am willing to pay $5 for your bottle of water I should be able to keep it cold if I would like.

I would definitely stay there again. Baltimore is a great place to visit with so many fun things to do and the Hyatt Regency Baltimore is in a perfect location to see them all!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo