1,230 results
All reviews camden yards front desk convention center across the street within walking distance light rail royal farms arena orioles game ball park indoor pool early check hotel restaurant convenient location beds were comfortable crab cakes housekeeping staff pappas
Selected filters
Reviewed August 10, 2019

My husband and I chose this hotel because of it’s proximity to Camden Yards. We were assigned a room in the adjacent tower on the ninth floor. The Room was fine, clean and comfortable. Parking was good, but it costs $30/day.

Everything was fine until around 2:00 pm I noticed that the elevator was not working. I notified the front desk and was told that it would be fixed within the hour.. needless to say after an hour it was still not working. I tried calling again but no one was picking up the phone. After several tries I gave up and decided to walk down the nine stories. I got to the front desk and told them we needed to get ready to leave to go to the game, and was told they were not able to get through to the elevator company. I started to panic because now my husband is stuck on the 9th floor. Mind you we are both in our seventies and walking down or up to our floor is no easy task.

I asked if we could be assigned another room and if someone could help with our luggage and help my husband down the stairs. The manager was very accommodating and assigned us another room. Time was getting close to when we had to leave and since no one was available to help, i climbed back up the stairs, packed up our belongings and was told to leave them in the room for now. My husband and I then had to walk down the nine stories to the main lobby.

By now we were exhausted from the stress and stairs that we asked if they could provide transportation to the ball game. The manager called a taxi and said he would pay the cabbie when he came. However, he did not do that and we paid for the cab.

The new room was fine during the night and when I checked out mentioned perhaps we could be compensated for the problems we had. A total of a whopping $17.00 was taken off! I asked if the elevator in the other tower had been fixed and was told abruptly that it was fixed “10 minutes after you left”. I doubt that because when I left they hadn’t even spoken to the elevator company yet.

Anyway, while management was understanding and offered to help us, they fell short in helping us and in compensating us for our extreme inconvenience and physical stress.

Although they are conveniently located,I don’t think I would go back the again.

Date of stay: August 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hello Patricia S,

Thank you for choosing us and for taking the time to share your experience. I was disappointed after reading your review knowing that you had to climbed nine stories. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you have encountered due to the unavailability of the elevator. Definitely this is not what we want our guests to experience.

On a lighter note, I am happy that you liked the room provided, and that your concern was attended to by the management. Worry not because I have alerted the hotel management of your feedback, I trust their swift action will be towards service improvement.

Again, thank you for your stay. I hope to see you soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed August 7, 2019

I was here with my son and daughter close to the convention center about 1 1/2 blocks away. We came for the cubing competition there, Check in was easy and we were on the 6th floor of the main tower. Room had a slight musty smell but nothing terrible. ITs a typical holiday Inn setup. The beds were great and they brought a roll way when my other kid came on Saturday. The restaurant was OK. I ate dinner there one night. Nothing special but Ok food. There is a refrig and coffee machine with free coffee in AM. Shower and water pressure were OK. Front staff very helpful. There was always a lien scooter out front for easy travel. I had some trouble with the pay per view as it was too easy to accidentally order a movie so I had to call and cancel twice. NOte: we could see the fireworks at the Orioles park Camden Yards so try and get a view of the stadium. (Pool was closed during our stay) $139 nite plus tax

Room tip: view of camden yards and fireworks
Reviewed August 5, 2019 via mobile

My son was in a competition at the Baltimore Convention Center and this is the hotel offering discounted rooms for the competition. Let me start with the positive: the staff here could not have been nicer! For example, we needed linens for the pull-out sofa bed and they were brought to our room immediately after we requested them. Other than that, this hasn't been the best experience.
Our room was located in the "west tower", which is separate from the main building. That was fine, but we were on the 4th floor and one or both of the elevators were out of order our entire stay. Not a fun experience carrying luggage and supplies up or down 4 flights of stairs for 3 people.
At night, the kids from the competition enjoyed hanging out in the lobby, chatting and giving each other tips. One night, a homeless woman walked in off the street and began asking for money from everyone (including the kids). I do not fault her for asking, honestly. However, I do fault the hotel for allowing it. Not a single staff member intervened or asked her to stop soliciting from the hotel guests. Knowing random people were able to walk in off the street and were not questioned or asked to leave felt unsafe.
The room itself was ok. I don't really have anything good or bad to say about it. As for the restaurant/bar. My husband stopped in right as they were closing, but they still allowed him to buy 2 Coronas to take back to the room, which was appreciated. All in all, an ok stay but it could have been better.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2019

This hotel is located in the heart of the Inner Harbor area of Baltimore. Within walking distance to Camden Yards and Baltimore Convention Center, the latter which was the focus of this trip. It is a downtown city hotel and at times, the surrounding area is not the greatest. The hotel is actually two different buildings. We stayed in the building adjacent to the main building. Check-in took longer than normal, probably due to the larger number or people in town for a conference. The rooms were your typically Holiday Inn or any other chain hotel room. There was a little dorm style fridge which was great for keeping water cold. The bathrooms are small. Similar to a closet. Also, no exhaust fan. The room was cleaned and tidied up each day we were there and seemed relatively clean, except for the shower was I think was stained, although I bet a Magic Eraser could clean it up. The pool was on the lowest level of the second building and I never got a chance to go down and swim, but it looked nice from the view I saw.

Room tip: I would request to stay in the main part of the hotel unless you want to use the pool, then the other building would be better.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
cdotsoninnerharborhi, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2019

DearScharles027,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit with us. We hope you enjoyed your time at the convention center located right around the corner from our hotel. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed July 6, 2019

So I came to this hotel because it was close to the convention center and affordable. As I walked in, the receptionists were very friendly. The lounge was nice and there were even a fresh plate of baked chocolate chip cookies sitting out. My child asked the receptionist about the pool but we were informed that the pool was closed until September for maintenance. At this point I did not realize that the hotel had two sides. I saw my room number and went upstairs to the East side elevators and walked around in a circle looking for my room number. I went back to the lobby in which I was informed that my room was located on the West side. I walked across to the west side, When I found my room I was dissapointed. Immediately I saw that a knob was missing from the dresser and the phone was not working. Throughout my 5 day stay, the sink and tub was clogged, the toilet seat was very loose, I had to request a microwave and the fridge did not keep my food very cold to the point that I had to put ice from the ice machine in my cereal because the milk was warm. I address all these issues with the front desk and most were resolved.Later in the week my child had a birthday and she received some birthday money. I placed the money in front pocket of her jacket so that she would have spending money when she went out with my friends. She did not end up spending the money. She placed the jacket on the chair in our hotel room and left. When she came back the room was cleaned and the jacket was on the floor and money that was inside the front pocket was gone. I address this concern to the front desk staff in which they immediately called the cleaning crew. The situation was resolved, the money was returned as the cleaning crew explained that it was mistaken for a tip. I hope that if I ever go back things will be better

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Lady7451

Dear Lady7451,

I would like to sincerely apologize that your stay did not go as expected. Everyday as a team, we strive to ensure we provide all of our guest with the service they expect and deserve and I apologize that we fell short. Please rest assured that all of your concerns have been addressed and we will work together to ensure your concerns do not occur again. We hope to have another opportunity to show you our true hospitality on your next visit.