“Conveniently located, but rooms were just ok”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
“Conveniently located, but rooms were just ok”
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

My friends and I stayed at this hotel on 7/7/14 for the On the Run tour which was at M&T Stadium. It was close by. The mattresses sucked! They were warped terribly. Housekeeping overlooked some small things when they cleaned the room. We found notes all over the nightstand where a child had wrote on them. There was only a little bit of toilet paper left on the roll. The staff was really nice. If you're looking to stay somewhere for like an event then this is a great hotel, but if you're having a romantic getaway I would look elsewhere (Marriott, Hilton, etc.).

Stayed July 2014
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Thank you very much for very nice review about your stay with us. We are happy to serve you!! We hope that when you are in the Baltimore area you choose to stay with us again, we would be happy to have you.

Thank you again!

Peter Komar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Korean first
Westwood, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This is a recently renovated hotel where they didn't bother to update the beds .Mattresses are stained, dirty, warped, and saggy. they are 7 years old, as stated on the mattress. Staff tried to help but there was nothing they could do about bad uncomfortable mattresses.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry that fell below your expectations.

I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Inner Harbor, 2 blocks from Camden Yards. The check in process was seamless. The front desk staff was courteous and accommodated our request for a room away from noise since I was traveling with elderly parents. Since we traveled on July 4th weekend, the hotel was super busy with lots of kids and families. On the night of our arrival, the parking garage was full and we had to park next door at the Marriott which is only one block away.

The condition of the room was average and I feel it needs to be updated. The beds are squeaky and the pillows uncomfortable. The bathroom is very small and did not leave enough room for one to change inside. The room was cleaned daily and they did a good job with that. A microwave, fridge and free wifi was accessible in the room. The AC in the room was extremely noisy so we had to shut it off at night, otherwise, it would keep us up all night.

This hotel is located across from a gentlemen's club and firehouse, although, this did not bother us. I wouldn't choose to walk alone late night around this neighborhood as we saw quite a few shady individuals on the streets. I would probably try another hotel (Hilton, Renaissance, Marriott, etc. ) next time.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. We were in the East wing and did not encounter any noise.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank one1luv629
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Yours in Hospitality,

Rockaway, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I decided to spend an extended 4th of July weekend in Baltimore to enjoy an Orioles game, tour Camden Yards and of course enjoy the Inner Harbor. We have stayed at this Holiday Inn more than once over the past couple of years and most of our experiences have been pleasant. We checked in Wednesday July 2nd and were able to get an early check in even though it was only 2pm. Jacinta at the front desk greeted us with a smile and acknowledged me as an IHG Reward Club member. I was given my complimentary room upgrade to the 10th floor with an awesome view and a smoke free floor which is a must due to my allergies. The room was spotless. Housekeeping did an excellent job! The fitness center was great and the location is perfect. Within walking distance of the Inner Harbor and Camden Yards. We are used to the onsite paid parking and always park in the outer lot. It's great to be able to leave the car and walk the city. We had breakfast at Eden West. They have a nice buffet or a menu if you prefer. The lounge is very nice and they serve dinner as well. The food and the service were really great. I have no complaints this time out. The only issue we had is that DirecTV lacks some of the channels that we enjoy and keep losing the Satellite Signal in the bad weather. Check out went well. John did the check out he was professional and helpful. I can't say enough about how nice the hotel and the staff was this trip and we are visiting again in September. The reservations are made and after that trip I'm looking forward to giving you guys another great review!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the upper floors away from Lombard Street. much quieter.
Green Features: The towel reuse project is great I love the energy saving light bulbs.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NJOceangirl
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor in Charm City! We are glad you enjoyed your stay, the area and interaction with staff.

Thank you for the kind words about Jacinta, we couldn't agree with you more. She is a pleasure to work with everyday and her energy definitely fills the hotel!

Should you travels bring you back to Charm City, we certain hope to be able to host you again!

Midlothian
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

When my company sends me to the area, I typically stay at a more expensive hotel just around the corner. While traveling with my family, I chose a less expensive hotel. Much to my surprise this was an excellent experience. The staff were very friendly (especially Jacinta!), the rooms were very nice, and the Aquarium was just a few blocks away. If I had anything negative to say it would be in the form of constructive criticism regarding cleanliness. The room only received a 4 rating because I purposely look in the nook and crannies when I travel. On the surface, the room was very clean. However, behind the curtains and corners can stand a little extra attention. Outside of this issue, the overall rating would have been a 5.
By the way, I was directly across from the fire station and I slept like a log!
I will definitely be returning to this location.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank 612Dee
Thanks for taking the time to write a 4* review about your recent stay with us on Tripadvisor. We hope to be your hosts again on your next trip to Charm City!

Kind Regards,
Garden City Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed over July 4th weekend. I am a travel agent and my stay was not very welcoming. Housekeeping staff was very rude and our room was not clean for two days. Had to go to front desk to get towels, coffee, shampoo, etc...The front desk staff was very friendly though. However, I do recommend them learning the area better. We wanted to go to DC Saturday for the day and they sent us to Camden yards. We sat, and sat, and sat and the MARC never came. Someone came and told us to go to Penn Station so we walked all the way to there and ended up being late. Totally messed up our day with 3 different staff members giving us incorrect information. Then we left yesterday morning at 7am for our flight to BWI and they told us to take the light rail. We spent $10 to sit and sit again only to find out the light rail did not begin service until 11am. We sat for an hour and wasted $10 of our money again for incorrect information given to us by the staff.

Green Features: FD staff was extremely nice but not the housekeeper for room 610. We asked her for several things and never brought them to us. Didn't clean our room one day and the next bed was only made...she left trash cans full, etc...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank tbcarroll
tbcarroll,

Here at the Holiday Inn we are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced regarding your room accommodation. We have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and will share these with our Management team for future consideration.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Safe Travels,

Fairfax, VA
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We spent one night here over July 4th, as we were in town to see the fireworks from the U.S.S. Constellation, Inner Harbor, etc. As this was a last-minute trip, we were unable to find kennel space for our dog, and based on location and being a pet-friendly hotel, we opted for the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. First of all, clearly stated on the hotel's own website is the fact they gladly accept pets under 50lbs. Having a question, I called the property directly and was told the pet had to be under 30lbs. I called back the next day to clarify, and was told the pet had to be under 20lbs. Really? Are you people making this up as you go, or just have no idea what your actual policy is? At this point, not wanting to have an issue at check in (our dog is 45lbs), we found a pet-sitter and left Fido at home. Arriving at the hotel, we were directed to the hotel parking, which in actuality is a public parking garage/deck located next to the hotel. I opted for the underground garage, as we would not need our vehicle again until we left. There is NO signage prior to entry addressing the overhead clearance (we were in a full-size SUV), so after getting the ticket and passing the gate, I could finally see, in very small letters on the overhead "bumper bars" hanging from the roof, that the clearance was only 6 feet, and our vehicle would not fit. We had to back up the ramp and wait for an employee to raise the gate so we could get out and make our way to the outside parking deck. Check in was relatively quick, and we were able to get in to our room shortly after 1pm. Bottom line, this property at the very least needs a good cleaning. Getting out of the elevator on the 10th floor, we noticed cellophane wrappers, pieces of paper, a straw, and a large peach/apricot (?) pit on the floor, just around the corner from the elevators (see photo). This was here at 1pm on the day we arrived, and still there at 7:00am the next morning when we left. Apparently there is not too much vacuuming taking place in the public areas of this hotel. Our room (1023) was okay (at first). We dropped off our stuff and headed to the Inner Harbor, an easy 3-block walk. Arriving back late that night, we noticed the toilet was leaking, so we threw towels on the floor. The bathroom itself was full of mold and mildew (see photo). Apparently this leak had been going on for some time, and had flowed under the bathroom wall; the carpeting outside the bathroom in the sink/vanity area was completely soaked, which I found out when I walked over in my dry socks to brush my teeth. Going back to the whole pet policy issue for minute, I was thumbing through the hotel guest information book, and came across the pet policy page, which stated they will glady accept well behaved pets under 35lbs....in the course of 48 hours, I have 4 different weight limits given to me, am I suppossed to guess which one is actually correct? Upon check out, I informed the front desk of the water issue, and I will say to their credit that an adjustment was made on the price of our room, which is probably about the only real positive during this less than memorable stay.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the opposite side of Lombard Street.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Keith D
Keith D,

Thanks for the review and sharing your opinion on the hotel.

Yours in Hospitality,