“Decent Holiday Inn - met expectations”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Stayed at this property for 4 days in early May. I found it quite acceptable - as mentioned in another review "Good standard hotel". The location is excellent - quite near the convention center and inner harbor attractions. Room was nicely decorated and modern (and there was a small fridge). Bathroom was updated but there were legacy issues - HI still uses the plastic cups wrapped in pastic - a personal annoyance. Staff was generally pleasent - at check-in my Priority Club Membership and status were not recognized (and it was in the reservation - I checked). The front desk had a bit of an attitude that was not "we are glad you are here". But overall its a good value and quite convenient. Parking is available and convenient but $25/day.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Thanks for taking the time for writing about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor on Tripadvisor. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Safe Travels,

General Manage

Write a ReviewReviews (1,082)

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Very convenient if u are going to the convention center,just around the corner. With the light rail which is also 2 min walking from with hotel u can arrive to the BWI airport easily and only with 1.60$.
The hotel itself is average,clean rooms but with very noisy air cpnditioning system! Also the breakfast was really really poor,pancakes and cakes seem like they were prepared a week ago.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I was booked into the hotel by conference organisers but I had other choices. I opted for an IHG group gold member which means I get complimentary wifi (unlike Marriott gold). Check in was straightforward and parking very convenient but quite expensive at $25 per day! After 6 days that's going to hurt. The rooms are ok but so shabby and in need of a complete overhaul. I had a problem with the wash basin which had a plug which could not be removed as the lever was completely missing - surely that should have been spotted before I got there. So I had a load of water sitting there with no way of emptying it out. To be fair this was repaired whilst I was out once I'd reported it of course. Breakfast is ok for an Express and the fitness centre is reasonable too. What a shame that such willing staff are let down by the fabric of the building. Come on IHG spend a bit of money.

Room Tip: If you're in the tower look out for the noise as the fire trucks exit the Dept opposite and see...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced regarding your room accommodation. We have taken note of the points you've raised in this review and will share these with our Management team for future consideration.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My Husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor this past weekend and we were blown away by the high level of service we received. From the moment we walked in we were greeted by friendly faces and check in was so easy and quick. The hotel is located so close to everything downtown and has easy in/out parking. The room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable. When I realized I had forgotten my toothbrush I went down to the front desk who quickly gave me one and toothpaste and they told me that they would help if I needed anything else. I was also very impressed with the service at the coffee shop and they had local made Zekes Coffee which was a treat!

This hotel was very comfortable, clean and convenient and also had excellent customer service! If you are looking to stay downtown Baltimore, look no further, this hotel is awesome! You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Thank you very much for very nice review about your stay with us. We are happy to serve you!! We hope that when you are in the Baltimore area you choose to stay with us again, we would be happy to have you.

Thank you again!

Reviewed May 1, 2014

I quite liked everything about my brief stay. Parking was convenient, the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. It seems like a lot of thought goes into preparing the guest rooms. I stay in Baltimore frequently and this will be my go to from now on. I would highly recommend this, especially if you have a somewhat extended stay. Each room has a fridge and microwave and there are business facilities as well as laundry services. Very, very convenient.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thanks for the great review!, we hope to be able to host you again in the future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel on business. It is several blocks to the Inner Harbor which was fine as I am a walker. However, the hotel is old and a bit outdated. The staff was very good. There were two towers so I cannot attest to the West Tower which may have been updated but where I stayed need refreshing.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor. You will be pleased to know we just finished doing a hotel refresh, so on your next trip Charm City, please come see us to see our improvements.

Best Regards,

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had our Coast Guard Cutter Unimak's reunion here. I had a noise problem with my room the first night here, but Hubert took care of it quickly and they even gave me a free breakfast. The room was clean and quiet and the staff tried very hard to please our group.

Room Tip: The higher the better since it is located in a big city and that comes with city type noises.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us. I will pass your awesome comments on to Hubert and the entire team here at the hotel! We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Kind Regards,