“Great service, great location.”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York City, New York
“Great service, great location.”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

We had our Coast Guard Cutter Unimak's reunion here. I had a noise problem with my room the first night here, but Hubert took care of it quickly and they even gave me a free breakfast. The room was clean and quiet and the staff tried very hard to please our group.

Room Tip: The higher the better since it is located in a big city and that comes with city type noises.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us. I will pass your awesome comments on to Hubert and the entire team here at the hotel! We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Peter Komar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
Buena, New Jersey
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this property. Everyone on the staff was very nice and helpful every time I came down to the lobby. The agent who checked me in was great and also the agent who called the cab for me twice, since the first one left so quickly. I was upgraded and was very surprised and thankful. The staff knows how to take care of their guest. The room was clean, comfortable and had a great layout. I used the pool for a little while which was nice and also the sauna was a nice touch. Overall great stay, everything is walking distance from the hotel and that made everything easy for me. It is next to a fire station but I did not mind at all, I loved looking out and seeing the clock tower. The restaurant was just ok, ordered a burger and it wasn't bad, the guy who delivered the food was very nice also. I did sit down to eat at the restaurant the next day but decided to try another restaurant in the area a few minutes later.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor room. The view is very nice.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Kirarana0
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thanks for taking the time for writing about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor on Tripadvisor. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Safe Travels,

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights as a family of 5. the facilities are good and the staff were all very helpful. The restaurant seemed to be short on staff but the bar was very nice with a decent range of beers and quite a few people sitting around.
There is also a nice spa and pool complex on the car park level.

The harbour and downtown shopping was very handy and you can walk to the Orioles' stadium with the Ravens' just a further short walk away.

The experience overall was very good, the only pain was paying $25 a day for car parking.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience with all of us on Tripadvisor. We are glad you had a pleasurable stay with us here in Baltimore. We have taken notes of the things you enjoyed and some things we need to work on.

Again ,Thank you for staying with us, as we know you have a lot of choice while traveling, and we look forward to hosting you again shall your travels bring you back to Charm City!

Safe Travels,

Holiday Inn Inner Harbor
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed for two nights with two children because of the price and the indoor pool. Check in went smoothly, our room was in the West Tower. The room was a decent size, my only initial complaint was that the layout of the room mixed with a chair that did not roll under the table lessened the walking space to the second bed, refrigerator, and couch near the window.The bathroom door opened in which was a little inconvenient with little ones but not that much of a big deal. While there was a pool, we had to go outside to cross a parking lot to go back in to get to the pool and it was chilly for April. The first night we noticed a lot of noise from the other rooms on the floor. The next day, they did not replace our towels but did leave extra trash bags (probably noticed the diapers). The second night was just as noisy. Overall, about a ten minute walk to the harbor for $40 less a night and slightly cheaper parking if you are willing to deal with noise and minor inconveniences.

Room Tip: If the pool and lobby amenities are important don't stay in the West Tower.
2 Thank Rainymomsjersey
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel and apologize for the shortfalls you have encountered. I will share your comments with the staff, and we hope to be able to host you again so you can see the positive changes we have made.

19082
Reviewed April 17, 2014

A few days prior to our trip, we were booked at the Mount Vernon. It had a good review "number" so i never really looked into it that closely. When i finally did, i wasn't happy with the fact that most of the harsh reviews were recent. And i just couldn't risk the bad reviews (marijuana smell, shady folks in the hallway, dirty rooms, rude staff) being anywhere near accurate. The first few, i tried to dismiss, as being hard to please folks, only used to the creme-de-la-creme, but after about the 10th person referenced the same thing... that was enough for me to switch.

Anyway, we switched to the Holiday Inn , which was a few $$$$ more, but waaaaaaaaaaaaaay worth it. The reviews that people had about the West Tower being old was true, but it did not affect the quality of our room. I'm assuming this property was once something else prior to the Holiday Inn. Our room was very, very nice, and always clean after we came back from an excursion. I dealt with more than half a dozen of their staff, and they were all friendly, courteous, and professional, even down to the little girl working in the Latte Shoppe. There was some type of gymnastic event going on in the area, so we had more kids in the hotel than usual. But besides a few bouts of screaming kids on the elevator, it didn't bother me, i mean i have 3 kids myself so...

They have a restaurant on the lobby level, the food was really good, not excellent, but with kids eating free, it was a no brainier. The guy who worked the bar hooked me up with a can of soda when i told him all the vending machines were out. I tried over and over again to pay, and he wanted no parts of my money. That... is the sorta thing that sticks out to me... the little things. The front desk staff, especially the head guy, always greeted me with a smile. So once again, i'm kinda puzzled by the other reviews complaining of a rude staff.

The surrounding area is...okay. I'm from Philly, so i'm not concerned with the same things, that would bother other people. Just use common sense, in the day, its great, lots of foot traffic to in the area, especially on the way to the harbor. At night... the folks start to diminish about 10% every hour past 5pm. There were a couple blocks north of the hotel, let's just say I wouldn't walk after a certain time at night if i didn't have to... atleast not while on vacation.

Only, and i mean the only reason i don't give them 5/5 stars is the parking. They charge you $25 / day. I realize parking is at a premium down there, but c'mon... i'm parking on your lot... your property, not across the street. Its like you going to dinner at a fine restaurant, and them charging you to park there, despite the fact that you are a customer. I'm a customer / tenant at your hotel, i shouldn't be double-dipped for parking on your property, where there is not an option to park on the street. That $75 spent on that alone really could of gone to further enjoying ourselves. The website is not clear about this fee prior to, but i would of probably still stayed here anyway. Not a deal breaker by any means, but just the only bump in the road of a very fine overall experience.

Room Tip: Because of the high demand of these rooms, its doubtful you can choose your own...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
C00lguy,

Thanks for the great and informative review! Your feedback will definitely be shared with the team at our next All Associates meeting. We hope to be able to host your family again on your next trip to Charm City!

Until then Safe travels,

Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We had made reservations 3 months prior to travel for a room with 2 queens as there were 3 adults. We arrived at 2 pm and they were not yet able to check us in- no problem.Upon return at 8:45 pm they informed us they were sold out and could only provide a king and sofa.They were less than helpful and finally gave room with king and sofa. Front desk supervisor was extremely rude.
Mattresses seemed old and rolled toward middle.
Pool with very limited hours and pool chemicals were dumped in while people were swimming.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We regret to read your disappointment towards the level of service you received. Please be assured that the points you've raised in this review will be looked into and be addressed accordingly.

Once again, thank you for sharing a valuable feedback.

New York
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We checked into the hotel and were placed in the West Tower. It was dirty, not vaccumed and old. Apparently, the other tower was also under renovation. The lobby seemed newly renovated and was nice considering the rest of the hotel. The room was no better. The refrigerator was not plugged in, the carpet was old, the seat to the chair was stained, and the bathroom was old. Oh...and did I mention the mold that was on the wall around the fire sprinkler. Mind you I asked for a non-smoking room due to a child with asthma...I guess they don't consider mold a problem.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the newly renovated part. The rest of the hotel is old and run down.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I humbly extend an apology for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.