“Never Again”

Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York
“Never Again”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We checked into the hotel and were placed in the West Tower. It was dirty, not vaccumed and old. Apparently, the other tower was also under renovation. The lobby seemed newly renovated and was nice considering the rest of the hotel. The room was no better. The refrigerator was not plugged in, the carpet was old, the seat to the chair was stained, and the bathroom was old. Oh...and did I mention the mold that was on the wall around the fire sprinkler. Mind you I asked for a non-smoking room due to a child with asthma...I guess they don't consider mold a problem.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the newly renovated part. The rest of the hotel is old and run down.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I humbly extend an apology for the inconveniences you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is. Despite your disappointment I do hope you will return to stay with us again at some future date when you can be assured of our very best attention.

Peter Komar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 15, 2014

First let me say I rarely write reviews on here, and I don't complain often, but the service this weekend at Holiday Inn was TERRIBLE, and I think people should be aware there are many other nice options in the area- Hilton, Marriott, etc. I'll try to keep it short - first off no one there to direct you when you arrive or take your luggage..they give you a cart and u drag it up yourself. Got there early and was told couldn't check in until 4 but they would call if room was ready earlier- understandable. Never called- arrived after 5pm after a long exhausting day, waited on a huge line- only 2 people at desk- and often they would leave to help someone else or take phone calls- rude! NOT ENOUGH STAFF at this hotel. So many people were complaining. When finally arrive at counter they say sorry there is no room available, none are clean.....WHAT?!?! Asked for a manager, etc. ...somehow room became available shortly after.....room was fine...but sink is outside of bathroom and no blowdryer -called housekeeping no one there...annoying. Cheap soap provided gave me a rash, gross. Breakfast was inedible ...eggs cold, frozen pancakes, horrendous coffee...limited selection. Tried to go to to pool....walked out...kids screaming everywhere...getting hurt ...it was a free for all .....dangerous....they did not stick to their posted pool hours either...odd.....more negatives but i'll stop there.....won't be staying at a holiday inn again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank JJ B
Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry that fell below your expectations . I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This hotel is really good, nice pool and gym, great breakfast, and the staff were some of the nicest and helpful people I've encountered at a hotel. Rooms nice and clean. Walking distance to Inner Harbor attractions and area restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that does not face the Rescue Squad/Fire Station
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank mlbrooklyn
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for sharing your recent stay experience on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you had the perfect Stay! Come and see us again real soon!

Best Regards,

Newport News, Virginia
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for my daughters cheerleading competition this weekend, and my stay was not so good. The hotel was overbooked, the down stairs bathrooms were dirty, and the housekeeping was very rude. One good thing I did experience was the restaurant. The front desk person Bridget was very friendly she asked where I was from, about the competition and even remembered my name when I came back. She seated me quickly and made sure that I was comfortable. Mike was also very nice and friendly. Overall most of the employees were okay it was the housekeepers with nasty attitudes and the Mexican man at the pool who yelled at my daughter. If I was to stay again I would need a better room and I guess if it was not so crowded it would have been cleaner

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor Baltimore for your recent stay.

I am sorry that you encountered issues with the pool and housekeeping during your stay. Your comments have been shared with the hotel management team to ensure these deficiencies are addressed.

Thank you again for your feedback. Comments and suggestions from our customers help us to improve the product and services provided to all future guests.

Safe Travels,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I stayed for a four days vaca , and enjoyed every bit of it . Great simple friendly check-in . Loved my room , ate at Eden west for breakfast and dinner and was simply amazed. My server was Melissa even though I could she was overwhelm with tables , she still took her time with me and checked on frequently with her beautiful smile. Which I like when I go to a restaurant . She asked about my visit to baltimore , & had a quite friendly sincering conversation. Felt like I bonded with her over my stay at the hotel since I was always in her section. Also parking overnight 25$ not bad , loved my view wasn't near the elevators . Night room service could be better . Overall I really enjoyed my stay and do planned on coming back ! :)

• Stayed April 2014
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear Cheshlie_12,

Thank you for taking the time to write a 5* review about your stay with us. I will pass your awesome comments on to Melissa and the entire Food and Beverage team! We look forward to hosting you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Maryland
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Price and location were good. Only complaint at 2:30 in the morning drunk 20 something's were coming back from a drunk night and were in hallway for 1/2 hour or more. Walls were paper thin. Probably didn't help we had an adjoining door and your could hear everything. My suggestion Ask to stay in main building with no adjoining door.
I don't blame hotel they can't help what inconsiderate young people do.

• Stayed March 2014
Bickie,

Thanks for the review to inform us about your view of our hotel. I want to apologize about what seemed to be a “party atmosphere" in a guest room. This is certainly not a regular occurrence. I regret that hotel security was not able to prevent this large gathering of people. We want to insure that everyone enjoys their stay – but not at the expense of other guests comfort. I have spoken to our Loss Prevention Team and instituted some changes in our patrolling. I appreciate the feedback and we hope you come back to experience a great stay with us soon.

Yours in Hospitality,

New Jersey
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here April 4-5 for a conference held at the convention center (located 1 block away)

Fantastic location for the convention center. Inner harbor is a 15 minute walk away, Power Plant (bar/club scene) is a $10 taxi ride away.

Parking at the hotel is $25 per night.

Restaurant and bar located inside, but did not have a chance to experience either. Convenience/gift store/bakery located in the lobby -- baked goods are divine and the lattes aren't so bad. Skip the bagels--they were cold and hard (and $4!). They also have a good selection of souvenirs (mugs, plush toys, magnets, and even old bay seasoned pickles!)

Room was great. Newly updated faucets and showers. Pillows and beds were a bit small but comfortable nonetheless. No in-room safe or hairdryer, but the room did have an iron and coffee maker. Bath and Body works toiletries were a nice touch.

Special shout out: Hubert was amazing-- he was friendly and quick to check us in, sent maintenance (who was also very courteous) to our room within 5 minutes of our call (our bathroom light was out) and even helped us with our overpacked, oversized bags when we checked out. He has a genuine warmth about him that's hard to find in the service industry.

Overall a great hotel, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write up a review about your recent stay with us. Thanks for the kind words about Hubert, He is a great asset and I will make sure to share your comments with the entire team.

I am sorry about your experience in our Food and Beverage outlets with the bagel, I will make sure to share these comments with our Food and Beverage team to try and find out what happened.

And I hope you got a chance to try Tanner's Pickles they are delectable. In fact, Dottie's Coffee Cafe is proud to carry many local items like Kinderhook Cookies, Tanner's Pickles, Bmore Nutterz, Taharka Bros Ice Creams and even Baltimore Dog Bakery items.

We hope to host you again in the future.