“Amazing Staff and Good Accomodations”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Amazing Staff and Good Accomodations”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

The staff at the Holiday Inn should be a model others aim to emulate. They were unbelievably friendly and willing to assist with any and all questions/requests. I've never had such a positive experience based on the staff. They also asked about your day and your travels. Most people do not stay at a hotel due to the staff, but I would recommend you do for this one!

Room Tip: Not all the rooms are the same. I suspect they are slowly remodeling them. Ask for the most update...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thank you for the kind comments about your stay at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. We hope to host you again!

Best Regards

Peter Komar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (260)
  • Korean first
Medan, Indonesia
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Arrived in this hotel after more than 24 hours flying made me wish for a good sleep and I did had! The room was nice, clean and comfortable. The elevator quite old and bit slow and noisy, but during my stay one of the elevator was on renovation, which I assume, the elevator were better now. Above all, the hotel staffs were very helpful in handling my request! I did not expect they handing my 'nursing-mom-on-travel' request nicely. Love, love, love the way they help me, I'm sure my baby back in my country that time say thank you to them as well (if she can speak).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thanks for taking the time for writing about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor on Tripadvisor. Glad that you enjoyed your stay.

Safe Travels,

Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

Good day to you. I wanted to say thank you for everything while staying here. Also wanted to say that Sierra, the lady that cleaned my room 603 while I was here was fantastic. She made my stay here comfortable while providing clean towels,rooms,and bed. In the future if I am back here at this hotel, I hope that I have the opportunity to have her on my floor while I am staying.
Thank you always.
Lamont D.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Lamont D.

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We are pleased to know we were able to meet your needs during your stay. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Yours in Hospitality,

PA
Reviewed March 11, 2014

We recently booked several rooms for our Friday/Saturday stay, while celebrating our daughters wedding. The Friday book in process was quick and went without any problems. The directions regarding the hotel amenities were explained quite clearly, especially how to exit and enter the parking area. Without these details the process could have been difficult due to the volume of traffic on Lombard St.
The lobby and surrounding area's decor were no less than appealing than others star accommodations, for a third of the price. Both of our double rooms were surprisingly and equipped with a refrigerator and microwave and a complimentary basket of treats and water that my son insisted, "we needed to pay for..", we did not.
The linens on the bed were tasteful and my husband spent several minutes trying to choose his favorite pillow from the various selections left on the beds.
Since we arrived at 6 and needed to be at a family dinner before 7 we spent little time in our rooms and returned around 11 PM. The halls were quite despite the number of rooms and the close proximity to the convention center which resulted in no vacancies. Unlike a previous stay, at a nearby hotel, the environment was conductive to a much needed peaceful nights sleep. Our room was located on the opposite end of the hall from other guests in our party and everyone commented on the same noiseless experience.
On Saturday several of our relatives, who had arrived early were allowed to check into their rooms well before check in. I had worked out arrangements with the front desk staff to allow the others to use our rooms. The front desk issued keys and everyone made the 2PM wedding looking great and refreshed.
On Saturday we had booked the Executive Suite so we could all gather and avoid driving in the city. It was so much more than we expected. An extremely large living room with a dry bar and several couches and chairs. The bedroom was as spacious as the single hotel rooms and the spare bathroom came in handy. Both rooms overlooked the inside of the Baltimore Stadium and several of our male guests were thrilled with view.(By the way the hotel is one block off of Pratt Street which runs along the harbor itself. But the highlight of this Suite was the spacious bath (not much smaller than the bedroom) complete with a heart shaped Jacuzzi. My husband of 24 years and I felt as if we were the bride and groom.
I cannot say enough about the Holiday Inn, Inner Harbor. In fact the worst part is yet to come. That is how we will explain to our daughter and new son-in-law why we perter a night at the Holiday Inn, Inner Harbor, Baltimore, when visiting them in the future.

Room Tip: All of our rooms were on the 10th floor in the main building.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
CarnivalGirlPa,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us here in Baltimore. We sincerely appreciate feedback like this so we can determine were we are doing things right and perhaps some areas we need to revisit with training. I will share your comments with the staff here and hope to see you again in the future.

Yours in hospitality,

Long Island, NY
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a great Holiday Inn property. Although it is about 40 years old, it is fully updated, while maintaining many of the gracious features of urban hotels in the 60s and 70s. Virtually everything is spacious - - the lobby, rooms, restaurant, fitness center and indoor swimming pool. The fitness center is a true fitness center with a lot of equipment. The indoor pool is one of the largest, I've ever seen in a hotel. The hotel is easy walking distance to the inner harbor and the convention center. In fact, it's closer to the exhibit hall, than the hotels which are attached by walkways. Will seek this hotel for stays in the future

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Xcrunners,

Thank you for the outstanding review. You are right the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor turns 50 this June. http://www.innerharborhi.com/hotel-50th-anniversary-celebration/. Glad you enjoyed your stay, sound like you especially enjoyed our 24 hr fitness center and the largest indoor pool in Baltimore. We hope to see you again when your next convention rolls around.

Safe Travels,

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here during a screening of a film I was a part of. Room was nice and big. And clean. Nice shower. Free wifi.

I did not book the room, but I was told that the hotel was not considerate at all to my host when requesting an early check-in. I had flown all night long and just wanted a shower. I had to keep myself busy until 3 PM.

Chad D,

Thank you for the write up! Glad you like the Room size, Shower and Wifi. I will have to find out about the early check in denial, we try our best to accommodate every one needs and it appears we failed in this instance.

Should your travels bring you back to the East Coast, we hope to be your host again!

Kind Regards,

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 7, 2014

Situated within steps of Camden Yards and minutes from the Harbor. Arrived to a very pleasant check-in clerk, and given a few options for status (points or bev coupon). Room was cozy, expected a King, but received a double, which I didn't complain about. The view of the Camden Yards clock tower was beautiful and photogenic. Microwave and fridge a welcome amenity. The bathroom, just a tub and toilet, was the smallest I'd ever seen. Didn't turn the TV on so can't comment on the channel selection. Too cold to sightsee at the Harbor, so we opted for dinner in the hotel. Hope (bartender/server) was both extremely pleasant and courteous. We had the crab/shrimp pizza and the crab cake entree. Both were outstanding, and the side of asparagus was to die for. Breakfast was a different story. Self-seated, went for 2 helpings of the buffet before we could get someone to take our drink order. A waiter in another section passed us several times before stating that we "weren't in his section". I'm sure pouring us 2 coffees wouldn't have broken his stride, but I digress. We reported it to the hostess upon our departure, and went about our day. It didn't rattle me enough to report to management, but it should be addressed in the future as a customer service issue. Would return and recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Butta1898,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. we are glad that you found the room cozy. We agree 100% with you about Hope. She is a great asset to the team. I will share your comments about the Breakfast service in our next Food and Beverage meeting. But , please accept my apologies.

You said you would come back without hesitation, so with that said, we hope to see you again real soon and until then happy traveling!