“Awesome stay”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Came for the Firehouse Expo and the staff at this hotel were very friendly. I was a little worried about early check in, but they were able to get me a room with no problem. I don't remember the name of the helpful lady at the front desk but she said I could have one of 2 rooms, one with 2 beds that faced the convention center or one with a king bed that faced the fire house across the street. I opted for the later and she warned me that even though I'd be on the 11th floor I still might hear them heading out. I appreciated that she shared that but I knew it wouldn't bother me but if you stay you may wish to ask for a room on the opposite side.

Construction was still on going so the front is in accessible so it was a bit inconvenient having to either walk through the front parking lot or go in through the back way, but it's a small inconvenience when consider that construction didn't start until about 8am and was usually done by 4 or 5pm.

Every employee I met was very friendly (front desk, housekeeping, cafe), the room was spacious and clean, the bed very comfortable, plenty of hot water for the shower, I never heard my neighbors on either side of me or above me, and the mini fridge and microwave were a nice touch.

The only complaint I would have, and complaint is really too strong of a word, but I tried the Cuisinart coffee in the room and it was horrible. I was glad to learn that there was a Starbucks in the convention center.

All in all, I would highly recommend this establishment and if I return for next year's Expo, I will not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

WI-Firefighter,

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel . I am very happy to see that our staff made your stay a good one with us. We want every guest to be comfortable when staying, happy to see that you were. Please do visit us again,

Best Regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on 8/3/13 and it was still under renovation. However the staff was very helpful and pleasant, upon arrival they offered cookies and bottle water to all the guests and politely answered any questions we had.

The pool and the gym were clean and so were the rooms. The rooms were a little outdated but you can see they're making improvements to the property.

The property is close to the convention center and the inner harbor. It was a pleasant surprise when my stay came with free wifi and breakfast, parking was easy but a little expensive. But I would definitely stay here again, keep working on it folks you're on the right track.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Trinidadal,

THANK YOU! What a nice review. We always try our best to make sure that every guest is happy and comfortable. Please when visiting Baltimore again please choose to stay with us, we would love to have you.

Safe Travels,

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I would like to thank one of your staff members who was extremely helpful in assisting me while booking my reservation. Shyanne was able to make a special arrangement during my stay which enabled me to attend a training class at the Firehouse Expo. I appreciate her assistance and I would like to thank the staff of the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor for their hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

John P,

Thanks for your kind comments and continued loyalty to the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. Lindsey and team are great co workers to work with!

We hope to see you again next year,

Reviewed July 31, 2013

We recently stayed at the Holiday Inn, Inner Harbor for 3 nights. As always the experience was great but this particular time was amazing. The staff at this hotel was so courteous and accommodating. I would like to personally thank Sales Manager Lindsey Grocholski, her staff and Senior Management for all their help arranging our wonderful stay. The check in process for my whole group literally took 5 minutes, all rooms were ready and all together. I’ve been booking this hotel for the past 10 years and each time it gets better and better. If you plan on going to Baltimore’s Inner Harbor I strongly suggest staying at this awesome hotel.

Room Tip: I perfer the main building
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2015

Thank you for writing such a great review about your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor Baltimore. It is a pleasure to see that you found the location and accommodations enjoyable – should another convention every bring you to Baltimore, we hope to be your hosts again!

info@innerharborhi.com

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stay at this property every month. The staff at this location hold themselves to very high level of excellence. I could not be happier with there service. In June when my key would not work they sent a team of people to cure the problem. The head of security was part of the team and assured me that they would make access to my room a priorty. The problem was fixed and I recieved a coupon for dinner. They went above and beyond to assure that I was taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Jim C,

Thanks for taking the time write about your recent (many) stay at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. I'm glad that you find consistency in your stays and that we were able to resolve an issue promptly.

See you next visit,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Had a great stay here at the Holiday Inn one block from Oriole Park which was a very short walk after the game. Had a frig and microwave as well as a small coffee maker. Bed was very comfortable with 2 kinds of pillows (soft and firm).

Deb K,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know on Trip Advisor how your stay was with us. The feedback is very important to us. Very nice to see that you were able to enjoy your night. Please choose us when back in the Baltimore area.

Yours in Hospitality,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

What a great location from which to walk to the Ballpark. BUT: under construction, ( long walks with discontented guests) small rooms, late check ins, early check outs, construction noise apparent, parking lot slammed. Bathroom so small that you had to close the door before sitting down. Not a good experience. Won't go back. Breakfast was reasonably priced, but really no better than the free breakfasts in many Holiday Inns and cost $15. Nice people at desk and wait staff, but they couldn't make up for lack of amenities and size of room.

Room Tip: Don't get in the "tower"

Suepyt,

Thank you for advising us of your dissatisfaction towards our hotel as it allows us to see areas we need improvement in. Please allow me to apologize for any inconvenience or negative impression this might have caused you.

I have taken personal note of your review to share with our staff to ensure that future guest stay’s are nothing short of superior. These reviews are of great importance to us in allowing us to continually monitor and improve our service. We hope that you come back in the future and see how your feedback positively affected the hotel.

Best Regards,