“Awesome place to stay for a summer visit”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #29 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Mon - Thursday for a family getaway, the location is perfect right across from ball park and only a couple of blocks away from the inner harbor.

Our room was large and clean, and had a fridge and microwave in the room. Which was nice to have so we could store snacks for the kids

Yes the hotel is under some MAJOR renovation however the hotel has made a welcome station at the entrance of temporary entrance, the young lady who worked it "z" was the greatest, she was so nice to our kids and gave out candy and water as we checked in.

Two other stand outs were John Hat the Front Desk, he was polite and patient even with my kids being figidy . He checked us in quickly and with a smile, even called the room later to make sure our stay was ok. Another staff member Richard M (manager or concierge ?? I'm not sure) was outstanding. He gave us maps and recommendations on the "local" spots.( you got to try Heavy Seas and Vacarros worth a trip to Baltimore in itself) and when we got back to our room there was a welcome back gift of bottle water local Baltimore cookies and a coupon to try there new local coffee shop downstairs. Even a rubber duck in the bathroom for the kids.

So in short we will be back to visit a great city and see my friends. Z , John and Richard

• Stayed: June 2013
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Wow, Thanks for taking the time to write up such a great review. Your right Z and John are two great team players and are always willing to go the extra mile for our guests.

Glad you enjoyed your stay,

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor

Reviewed July 8, 2013

I really don't like to spread negativity but if I can save another person from being robbed then it'll be worth it.
I stayed at this hotel from July 6th-7th, I was working at a two-day festival at the nearby M&T Bank stadium so I was gone most of the day, both days.
I checked out Sunday morning (before going to work at the festival) and left my bag in the bell closet. I wasn't able to return until late evening (around 9pm) to pick it up and noticed that it was the only bag left in there. I retrieved my bag and thought nothing more of it until I got home around an hour and a half later and realized my purse was not in there.
I called the hotel and spoke to a bubbly lady called Marilyn, who was apparently the manager. She checked the closet and didn't see anything in there (of course she wouldn't, my bag was zipped when I left it, so there was no way a purse could just fall out). I expressed my concerns that my purse had been stolen from either my room (while I was gone all say Sunday) or someone had unzipped my bag and taken it while it was in the bell closet. She said, in the same bubbly manner, she knows all the staff who work there and no-one would do a thing like that. I am not sure how she can be so sure about this, unless there are cameras in the closet. You can never vouch for anyone's character 100%.
She told me to leave a message with the housekeeping manager to see if it had been handed in to lost and found. I did and when he called back he said no-one had found a purse and so it's not at the hotel.
I didn't even bother to call back and complain because I know it will all just get brushed aside and they will stick up for their staff and it will be my word against theirs. Plus I've spent the whole day cancelling my credit, debit and store cards.
I just don't understand how people can be so evil to steal something property of a hotel guest.
I realize I am partly to blame for leaving my purse in my room and then leaving an unlocked bag in the bell closet and I will now be a lot less trusting of people.
In conclusion, I am not commenting on the hotel itself (it's a nice place, room décor is excellent, nice restaurant and location) However, I feel that the matter could have been taken more seriously and Marilyn's tone so blasé it was as if I was calling about a missing sock!
Please, please lock up all your valuables when staying here...think twice about leaving anything valuable in your room or in their bell closet.
I hope the person who took my purse enjoyed themselves with stolen money. I believe that they will get what they deserve eventually

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. I'm sorry you were disappointed by Marilyn's handling of this matter, and I'd invite you to contact my office at the hotel in an effort to get closure on this matter.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

They were renovating the front entrance but it didn't take away from a good experience. The staff was very helpful, even offering us the use of an umbrella when it looked like it might rain when we were going out one morning The hotel is an easy walk to Camden Yards. The Inner Harbor is a few more blocks, but if you go have breakfast at Miss Shirley's Cafe (750 East Pratt), you'll have plenty of energy the rest of the day. Public transportation is easy to use as well. We went to Fort McHenry (a must-see for history buffs) on a bus for free. The Pratt Street Ale House (206 W. Pratt) provided an excellent place to eat, just a couple blocks from the hotel, too. The breakfast buffet at the hotel was one of the best we've seen.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Glrob54,

Thanks for the 4* review, sorry about the Front entrance, as we are approaching our 50th anniversary we needed a little make over out front. I’m glad it didn’t hinder your overall good experience. We will post this reviews around the kitchen, that was a huge compliment, Thanks. Sounds like you hit some of the great eateries around too!!

Thanks again and Safe Travels.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn while attending a conference at the Baltimore Convention Center. The hotel is just one block away from the convention center, making it a very convenient home base during the conference. Plus, its location in the Inner Harbor puts you close to lots of other attractions (such as Camden Yards and the National Aquarium), shopping, and restaurants. It is also very quick to get from the hotel to other neighborhoods in Baltimore, which are definitely worth exploring. The hotel itself is very nice as well - my room was very clean and comfy, and the staff at the front desk were friendly and helpful. If you're looking for a quality hotel with a great location that won't break the bank, this is it!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank sotto1031

Sotto1031,

Thanks for the 5* review, I’m glad you enjoyed our Downtown location in Charm city. Glad our Front Office team was able to deliver some great hospitality and you found quality and value in your stay.

We hope to host you again.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

The entire staff went above and beyond any expectation I could have had. I was on crutches during my stay and at every turn a staff member was asking if I needed anything. Kynnedy (I think is how you spell it) at the front desk was wonderful helping with things I needed. The biggest and best however was Doug, he was willing to pull my luggage down the street to my apartment when it was ready for me. I could not have done it myself. And after all that, Doug told me if i needed anything to just stop by and ask.

I recommend this hotel and staff to anyone come to the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Rob G

Thanks for the 5* review, Excellence is something we strive for and I’m glad you felt we earned that title with you recent stay. Our Front Office Staff and Doug are dynamite thanks for complimenting them.

We hope to see you again,

Reviewed July 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor for 5 nights in June of 2013 to see the Cleveland Indians play the Baltimore Orioles at Camden Yards.

The good:
The hotel is located downtown and is within walking distance of Camden Yards, and restaurant/bars such as Camden Pub, Sliders, and Pickles. Easy drive to Ft. McHenry.
Even though the hotel is having a major remodeling in progress, the disruption was minimal.
The price of the hotel was the least expensive of several others in the immediate area.
The pool is large, clean, and has a lifeguard.
The room appeared to be remodeled.
Beds were comfortable.
Complementary water, cookies, and maps (on occasion) at the side entrance.

The not so good:
No complementary breakfast or coffee. (There is, however, a coffee maker in the room)
$4 muffins for sale in the lobby store…..fortunately there is a Dunkin Donuts nearby.
The air conditioner (wall unit controlled from a thermostat in the room) was loud.
Six pillows??? I only have one head. The hotel management should cut costs and pass on the savings to me.
An alarm clock that would confuse a jet pilot.
$25 parking per day.
There is no smoking section for smokers, probably since the hotel is totally non-smoking. I personally do not smoke but the smokers congregate at the entrance-ways and throw their butts on the ground since there are no receptacles.
If you want a USA Today paper, make sure you go to the lobby and get one before the daily conventions start. Would it be too much trouble for the management to put a paper by the door of paying guests?

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Steven H

Thanks for the 5* review, and Thank you for breaking down the good and not so good in detail like this. Information like this is what we need to better improve our services. I will share this review with the management team and all the associates so we can reevaluate the topics you addressed.

Please visit us again the next time you are in town to see our improved services.

Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

The location was perfect for walking to Camden and every where in the Inner Harbor. We never moved our car once we got there. From check in to check out, the staff was exceptional. They were quick with service and sharing information about the area. They went above and beyond with treats as an apology for the remodeling going on at the front entrance. Free beverages and popcorn in the afternoons, nuts and water before the games, homemade cookies and water after the games, etc. I will return any time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank TeacherTammy
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Teacher Tammy,

Thanks for writing a 5* review, it hit a homerun with our staff. We are pleased to see that you enjoyed our location in Charm City, glad you enjoyed your stay and the peanuts we give out for the Ball games! They are locally roasted to perfection.

Best Regards,