“Customer Service at it's Finest!”

Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
New York, New York, United States
“Customer Service at it's Finest!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently returned from a 2 night stay with my girlfriend at this hotel which was for both business and pleasure and I cannot say enough about the customer service at this property. The property itself was clean, centrally located and spacious, it had everything that we needed. But what really put this hotel over the top for me was the customer service. Every one that I came in contact with could not be more welcoming. I arrived late the first night and was greeted by Dawn. After getting upstairs I realized I forgot my toothbrush and called down to the desk, Dawn very generously offered to bring one up to the room. Within 2 minutes of hanging up the phone I was greeted kindly by a bellman with toothbrush and toothpaste in hand.

The next night after a long day we were starving and decided to order room service. Keisha took our order and told us the food would arrive within 30 minutes. After roughly 30 minutes of waiting I called down to check the status of the food. It probably was less than 30 but I was starving and probably slightly impatient. Keisha answered again and explained she was on the way up. Sure enough a minute later she was knocking on the door and offered to bring the food in for us. We had a brief convo and joked a little bit with Keisha about how hungry we were while she set up our order. Just in case Keisha is reading.. The apple tart and ice cream you recommended was amazing and hit the spot!

The last day I returned to the desk multiple times and was able to speak with Dannie, Alisha and Jacinta. I wasn't afraid to keep coming back to them because each time I spoke to these ladies they greeted me with the biggest smiles and just had such a welcoming vibe. Within the next couple of months I have to make a couple more trips down to Baltimore and because of the people working in this hotel, I will absolutely be staying here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
pkomar, General Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Antonio,

Wow, Thanks for all the shout outs to the staff members, I’m glad they all made a memorable stay for you. We do have a great team working here and words like are especially inspiring to see that all the hard work is showing off. I will share your compliments with the staff.
I hope to meet you next time; we will have some Ice Cream and Apple Tarts ready!!

Best Regards,
Peter Komar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Korean first
Jerusalem, Israel
Reviewed March 26, 2013

The Holiday Inn Inner Hartor at Baltimore is located just one block from the convention center, which is very convenient. It has all required amenities, including free wifi connection, and the staff is very friendly and welcoming.

BUT:
1. I arrived at 10:30 in the morning with a colleague, and the receptionist told us happily that they have the rooms available for us (although it was way before check-in time). Nonetheless, when we arrived at our rooms, they were both still occupied... Miscoordination between housekeeping and the reception. We were compensated by breakfast vouchers, which was nice.
2. I would have not mentioned the previous incident if it wasn't for this one as well: on the day of my departure, I requested to extend the check-out time by 1 hour. It was granted. I arrived back at the hotel 15 minutes before my shuttle was supposed to arrive, and found that my key card was cancelled. Frustrated, I called reception from the corridor, explained the situation and the fact I'm in a hurry (I wanted to change before the flight), and she said she'd send someone (to help, so I thought). I'm waiting near my room with my stuff locked inside, and after 5 minutes comes a security guy that tells me that the key card is apparently cancelled, and I should go to reception to change it. Why didn't she tell me that in the first place? I rush to reception, and the same receptionist who granted me the check-out extension just a few hours before now asks to see an ID as if I'm a complete stragner! I nearly exploded, especially when she justified by "Hotel regulations". Hiding behind irrelevant regulations instead of being attentive to the guest needs and situation is one of the things that can ruin the entire experience from a hotel.

Bottom line: Next time I'm in Baltimore, I'd definitely go back to this hotel, but I sure would hope that the coordination between housekeeping and reception is improved as well as the sensitivity of the receptionists to the requests of their guests.

Roy,

Thanks for the 5 Star review. I’m happy to see that you enjoyed our proximity, amenities, free wifi and staff.
I would also like to take a moment to apologize for miscommunication between departments, this has been addressed with the apporiate departments to ensure it we are all on the same page, My apologies that you had to experience what you did.
We certainly hope to see you the next time you are in Baltimore!!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just wanted to tell you how professional and attentive Jonathan was this past Wednesday in helping me meet the needs of the attendees at the National Seminars Training class. He made me feel very welcome and that I was in good hands. Please thank him again for me and tell him that I truly appreciate him going above and beyond in supporting us.

Alexis,

Thanks for the 5 Star review, we are glad that you event went off well. Jonathan is an excellent team member and always willing to go the extra mile. I’ll make sure he sees your comments.

Yours in Hospitality,

Texas
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The rooms are spacious, but not necessarily impressive. It is clear this is an old hotel that has been refurbished. The 'closet' is just a bar by the door, i.e., one has to hide the undies when visitors come over...

I am very allergic to mites, which means I am a walking mite detector. The readings are on 'high' which means it is time to replace mattress and pillows. Little shop is massively overpriced: $3.50 for a granola bar that I got for $1.50 at the grocery store? Wow.

The fitness room has some treadmills that I used daily. Weight machines are 1984.

Small nice gestures are the granola bars and popcorn. Only advantage of this place is the proximity to the convention center.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room that ends in 11 or 13. These are right next to the elevator. Go for a high floo...
Helmut K,

Wow, I’m sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at the hotel. Please give me a call so we can further discuss your stay. 410 685 3500

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I had made a reservation three months in advance for this hotel. I flew to Baltimore only to find that they did not respect my reservation. I was stranded in a strange city in the middle of the night with no hotel vacancies for miles. Do not book rooms at this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Baltimore-Inner Harbor, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Neil R,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Baltimore, MD.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Prince Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here overnight for a Mary Kay conference and dare I say the staff here went out of their way to make us feel welcomed! Special thanks to Richard who helped us block our rooms and extended his hospitality in a mighty way.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the “ 5 Star review” , I’m glad you enjoyed the accommodations and service received here at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. Mary Kay and Charm City have a long tradition together; it was a pleasure to host your group!!

Safe Travels,

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We recently had to cut our stay short at the Holiday Inn Inner Harbor. Upon returned from sightseeing my husband fell when crossing the street and sustained quite a nasty cut over his eye. When we finally got him back to the hotel the ladies at the front desk (Jacinta and Cheyanne) could not have been more helpful. The offered to call an ambulance, get his clothes cleaned as the were covered in blood and supplied us with first aid items to help us take care of his cut (he refused to go to the emergency room). the next morning Jacinta again offered to do anything she could to help us with out sitation. They have to have been the nicest and most helpful front desk staff we have ever encounted while traveling. Holiday Inn you are very lucky to have these girls they make the difference to someone from out of town. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Aside from our experience with my husband they hotel was very nice, clean and spacious. The only thing we wish we would have had in the room was a safe as we were there for the coin show and we have felt more comfortable with storing our inventory in a safe while sightseeing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review Sharon. It’s always nice to see reviews like this. Im glad that Shyanne and Jacinta where able to assist you and your family when it was needed. I can’t agree more that we are very lucky to have them on our team. The Coin Show has been coming to Baltimore for many years , and we are always happy to have them here.

See you next show