“Stay here in Inner Harbor”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 66 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is FANTASTIC. Historical, friendly, and well worth the $$.
For the extra 15 or 20 dollars upgrade to the most fantastic view of Inner Harbor.
We went for the Fourth Of July. Jonathon at the Front desk was Great! He was warm, Friendly and fun. Maria in the lounge in the afternoon was vary informative and we had a great lunch there at the bar! At night the view of the harbor was incredible. The sun did make me get out of bed to admire the sunrise in the harbor. Then I closed the curtain and got some rest.
The only off comment was Cliff, the nighttime bartender. He seemed like he wanted to be ANYWHERE else. As people ion the service Industry ourselves, we felt it was a shame that he was just; for lack of a better term, just "there". The gardens in the courtyards are very well taken care of, as is the entire hotel itself. You won't find a better place to stay in Inner Harbor!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank joby85
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear joby85, Thank you for the 5 star review and for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the view from your room. The harborview rooms boast the most spectacular sunrise. Your comment regarding our server in the lounge has been shared with the appropriate management and this issue will be addressed. I will be sure and let Jonathan know you were fond of his customer service. The staff and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,616)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

I've read many reviews before I arrived at the Royal Sonesta. So I expected the somewhat aged carpeting (and yes there's an old hotel smell that I didn't expect - I had the junior king suite) and understand that they will be renovating later this winter. I felt the view was awesome overlooking the inner harber from the 6th floor and the suite was very spacious. I felt for the price the LCD TV shouldve been upgraded with a high definition LED TV and the huge tub shouldve been jetted. In fact, I dont think the signal was high def. Not a huge deal killer, but it was noticeable along with the carpet wear and smell.
In all, me and my company enjoyed our stay. I would recommend someone to stay at this hotel, but inform them of my observations and also tell them that their reaching a time when renovations are due (like most hotels). Great view, customer service, and working appliances.
Oh, yeah, almost forgot... I had the Baltimore aquarium package and was able to check out the hotel, visit the aquarium, eat, and return to get my lugage and valet parked vehicle before 6pm (valet expiration). I did notice that my vehicle was parked outside on the side of the building by the valet overnight and throughout the day (just wouldve expected a 70K vehicle parked in the parking garage out of plain sight from the nearby bus stop and loiters - Im just sayin'). Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Omari B

Dear Omari B., Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our view of the Harbor is the best in Baltimore I am happy you were able to enjoy the view. The staff and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel staff went above and beyond our expectations. The hotel food was wonderful. The location is convenient. We will be staying there every time we visit Baltimore. The rooms are beautiful and clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Richard S. We truly appreciate your 5 star review and thank you for your kind words regarding your recent visit. I am pleased to hear the staff and I can expect to see you in the future for additional stays. The staff strives to go above and beyond making each guest feel our unique Sonesta culture. Looking forward to welcoming you back!!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Held Wedding reception here. Cannot say enough good things about the service of the staff.From the Valet to the servers and bartenders, just excellent and friendly. The venue is beautiful, the location perfect. Jay Day, the events manager is wonderful. This exceeded all our expectations!

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear William L. Thank you for your recent review and for the 5 stars. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. So very happy to hear Jay was of great assistance and that we exceeded your expectations. It would be wonderful to welcome you back on your 1st Anniversary! We hope to see you then!

Reviewed July 6, 2014

We got a harbor facing king bed room with our 10 month old son because we wanted to enjoy the fireworks with him indoors. This was just what we were looking for! Super clean, comfy bed, wonderful service, no neighbor/hall noise, cheaper than anywhere in DC, better fireworks, HUGE room, great hotel deal with valet parking and aquarium tix, walking distance to everything, just perfect.

I took off a star because, as others have said, it is a bit out dated. Updates have been made where it matters (the bed, chairs, carpet etc.) but you get a very old vibe. Also, the TV was old, small and a little fuzzy (my husband and I really enjoy watching tv in hotels because we don't have it at home). Finally, there were some small things we were surprised about like only one box of tissues, no stocked snacks/drinks, dim light in bathroom. But really these things were relatively minor.

3  Thank Alicia C

Dear Alicia C. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. I am glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I hope your son enjoyed the fireworks from your room and on July 4th, Harborview’s are a must! We are currently in the beginning stages of addressing the hotel being outdated. Keep an eye out for updates regarding this matter. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Last year, I paid a fortune to stay at a hotel in the Harbor and was highly disappointed, so needless to say, I was a bit wary when making a reservation with another downtown hotel. The Rotal Sonesta not only exceeded my expectations, it was by far one of the loveliest hotels I have ever stayed in, and I travel a lot. From the moment I pulled into the valet til checkout, the staff couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was immaculate and elegant, and the rooms were spacious and clean. I highly recommend the Royal Sonesta. It is five star luxury at a three star price.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear TMH777, Thank you for the glowing review from your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court. The 5 stars are also greatly appreciated. The staff and I are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and we were able to accommodate your needs. We strive to make each guest feel unique and welcomed as possible. I am glad to hear we lived up to those expectations. Hopefully we'll have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here just one night, but the service and accommodations were exceptional in every regard. From our early check-in, to the aquarium package, to our valet parking, everything exceeded our expectations.

Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Michael R. Thank you for the review from your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and the staff was able to accommodate your needs. Hope you were able to get out and see some of the sights in Baltimore in addition to the Aquarium. The pleasure would be all mine to welcome you back in the future.