“A lovely stay”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
Reviewed June 9, 2014

We go to Baltimore frequently and have stayed at several very nice hotels. The Harbor Court ranks with the best. It is well maintained with excellent accommodating staff. We came for a Sunday bike ride. We were offered the option of paying for an extended check out or using the pool/fitness facilities when we returned. We had a beautiful and comfortable room with a large sitting area. We checked out at 6:30 and stored our luggage. Upon return we were given a key to the pool area and were able to relax and then shower and change.
The bell staff was amazing. They stored our bikes overnight and then our luggage during our ride. They were friendly and helpful.
Carmen at the front desk was amazing and the other front desk people were equally pleasant. The coffee shop was great for a quick breakfast before our ride and made a great Mocha later.
Overall, this was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: We had a courtyard view - this was fine but I probably would have preferred a city view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol0910
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Carol0910. Thank you for the 5 stars and for taking the time to write this review. Your comments are greatly appreciated and I will be sure to share them with our staff, especially Carmen at the front desk. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

There are newer reviews for Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Spent one night there with family. Very nice hotel but used the Valet parking and the attendant left the auxiliary power on in my car causing the battery to drain. Apparently I wasn't the first car that day that had the same problem. Valets were very nice and apologized. They jump started my battery without difficulty and off we went.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Gina L

Dear Gina L. Thank you for taking the time to share your stay with us. I was sorry to hear there was trouble with your vehicle. I'm glad our Valet staff were able to assist and get you back on the road. Hopefully your travels will bring you back to the Baltimore area, we would love another opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 8, 2014

I go to Baltimore at least once a year to see a baseball game and I've stayed at all the hotels in the inner harbor. This was the first time at the Royal Sonesta and I have to say that it is by far the best of the best. The staff is the most accommodating I've seen and the view is spectacular. We stayed for 3 nights and in that time we never had to use our car. When we were ready to leave our car battery was dead. The hotel staff not only used his own vehicle to give us a jump but refused a tip when I tried to give it to him. He said it was all part of the hotel experience. Like I said I go there at least once a year and from now on I have no intensions of staying anywhere else. Thank you Royal Sonesta for a great time :-)

Room Tip: The harbor view suites are terriffic
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bob C

Dear Bob C. Thank you for the 5 star review and for sharing your experience with us regarding your visit. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with and will be coming back in the future. It makes me very proud to hear how the Staff handled the situation with your car battery. Our staff makes every effort to make each guest feel as at home as possible while going above and beyond to meet their expectations. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We have held our annual seminar in this hotel for the past few years. I have always experienced a very courteous staff, clean rooms and good food. They do a wonderful job with seminars and groups. Although I love this hotel, it might be a little pricey for a middle income family to stay for more than a day or two, but it is definitely a great hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta
2  Thank Matthew P

Dear Matthew P. Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the 5 Stars! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your meeting was a success. We look forward to having you back in the future. Thank you again.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

One bar of soap? Really? No coffee condiments? Seriously? Stained carpet? Huh? No plugs to charge phones etc?

This place positions itself as high end? Not so much. The manager should spend a few nights at a Hilton Garden Inn to see what this place needs to do to come up to a nice mid-level hotel.

Royal Sonesta is way below any Hilton Garden Inn.

Find a better place. There are lots of hotels around the Inner Harbor.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Gypsy850
Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2014

Dear Gypsy850, I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and found the accommodations less than satisfying. I do appreciate you brining the soap and condiments issue to my attention and I will be sure to address this issue with our Housekeeping Department. As mentioned in previous responses, stay tuned for an update on upcoming enhancements to the hotel. Gypsy850, thank you again for your time.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for a family wedding. The rooms are very quiet,high ceiings and a good size. I think they are going to have to upgrade afew things to stay competitive.....change over to a comfortbed system with pillow options, especially with allergies,etc. Only onedown a lternative pillow,it was hard,mattrses also on the hard side. Cheap with coffee condiments. Freewifi was good if you are a travelpass rewards member and the staff is very pleasant. We had a room discount due to wedding block so cannot say if I would stay full price. Overall it met our needs.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank docgresh

Dear docgresh, thank you for your recent review from your stay with us. As mentioned in a few of my other responses, we hope to have some very exciting news to share in the near future regarding the hotel. We're hopeful this will please our guests. Thank you again and reconsider us for a future stay when traveling to Baltimore.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

My daughter and I had stayed here in January and decided to come back (thankfully to somewhat warmer weather). As a VIP member with Expedia, upon arrival they upgraded our room to a Harbor View - which is really nice! The rooms are somewhat spacious and the bathrooms are in great condition (not dated). The hotel sits right across the street from the harbor and everything is within easy walking distance. The hotel restaurant has some great breakfasts, too - Zucchini bread French toast with fruit compote and syrup is excellent! I highly recommend staying here. The staff is very friendly, as well.

Room Tip: Harbor view rooms are very nice, but can be a little noisy, as the traffic runs on the street in fro...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Amy L, thank you for your recent review and for the perfect 5 stars. I am delighted to hear that you and your daughter enjoyed your stay with us. The harborview rooms offer a spectacular view of the harbor area. There is also the Charm City Circulator which will take you to various attractions in the downtown area for free. We hope you have the opportunity to visit us again soon.