“could be better”

Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
Ranked #5 of 67 Hotels in Baltimore
“could be better”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The Royal Sonesta Baltimore might have been a better place to stay on a quieter weekend. Apparently the staff was overwhelmed and could not meet the needs of the patrons who were already there and those of incoming patrons. Our room was not clean after a several hour absence, the staff member could not understand our request, and when the room was finally cleaned there were not enough towels for our morning showers. Did I smell the slight odor of cigarettes in our room??

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Bob_Haislip, General Manager at Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Cheryl C. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory and do appreciate you bringing the inconveniences to our attention. Your comments will be shared with our Department Manager’s to develop a resolution to the problems you encountered. The hotel is non-smoking and while we try to do our best to be vigilant, unfortunately there are some people that do not adhere to this particular rule. Thank you again and hopefully we’ll have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Arabic first
Reviewed April 14, 2014

The room was very large, and my "city view room" was really part city--part water view...beautiful. The staff was very efficient and couldn't have been nicer. The location is in a great part of the Inner Harbor.
The only negatives: a little expensive, but I dealt with the price because we were staying with a wedding party.
I was also very excited to see a Keurig in my room, until it didn't work after mutliple attempts. My iron also dripped out hot water every time I tried to turn it parallel to the table to iron.
House cleaning also knocked on my door 3 times before my check out time of noon to see if we were still in the room, which got a little bit annoying, but no real set back there as they just left every time they realized we hadn't checked out yet.
But overall, very nice hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear casserollin. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of your stay on TripAdvisor. I appreciate you bringing to our attention the difficulties you had with some of the in room amenities. I’m sorry to hear that these items were not in perfect working order. Please know your comments will be shared with the department managers and these matters will be looked into to ensure these incidents are not repeated in the future. Even with having a few glitches during your stay I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed yourself and the staff was able to assist with your needs. Thank you again, and we hope to see you again in the future.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

superb location--spacious ,comfortable room overlooking the harbor--steps away from the front door--superior staff, esp. marion in brightons restaurant and explorer's lounge and donald, doorman. low key, high quality .
have stayed here for decades--always made to feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Susan T., Thank you for taking the time to give us a 5 star review from your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore and for your continued loyalty. We are glad to hear that you once again have enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your mention of Marion and Don. This will make their day! As I mentioned in other responses we do have a premier location that is very appealing to our customers. Thank you again for taking time out of your day to share your experience and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Royal Sonesta at the Inner Harbor was great! perfect location to walk to Federal Hill to Harbor East and everything in between. Friendly Staff and Very clean. We had an amazing view of the Harbor! worth every penny!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Sonesta

Dear Erin K, Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. The hotel does afford the luxury of being within walking distance to most major attractions the city has to offer and as I mentioned before, the Charm City Circulator can get you there free of charge. I will be sure and share your comments with our staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
london
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Stayed 4 nights,recently.on business,was greeted very well by the reception staff and the bell man ,giving a very good first impression
Excellent staff,food,suite,location,facilities.
Would recomend and will use again

Room Tip: A room with a view over the harbor and watch the sunrise...beautiful
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank aquickgame2
Dear aquickgame2, Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay at the Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore. The staff and I are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for the mention of our excellent staff, our food, accommodations, facilities and location. The hotel is centrally located to just about every attraction in Baltimore and if not in walking distance, the free Charm City Circulator can definitely get you to where you need to be. Thank you again and the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel at the last minute on the day we planned to arrive (via tripadvisor.com ratings) through expedia (total w/tax =265/ night)Hotel is in a fantastic location across the street from harbor and close to downtown. We were greeted by Mike Howard at the front desk. Very friendly. I had reserved the harbour view room with a King bed for 3 people (husband & daughter) mike informed me that we could get a rollaway for an additional 30/night or get 2 double beds. I paused with disappointment then he said "you know what I may be able to give u a complimentary upgrade. Voila! Room 510. OMG! I mean OMG! It was like A palace! Wow! The place was like an apartment! Two bathrooms, master bedroom/king, living room, dining room, Murphy bed with a beautiful view if the harbour! There were 3 tvs in all. The master bath had a tv with a tub the size of a small swimming pool! Pure delight! The hotel was beautiful. It's an older hotel with traditional decor and very clean. Ken, the bellman was very friendly and helpful with our bags and gave us his number in case he could be if assistance to us. We had never been to Baltimore and stopped by here
on our trip back from New York City. We loved the hotel, city, and dinner at Thames oyster bar so much that we took the chance to see if the Sonesta staff would honor another night in the same "palace" for same price. Andy did so and with a smile. He was very accommodating. I noticed his very friendly and helpfulness to the other patrons, like suggesting free wifi at hotel in exchange for an email address. He assured her they don't sell that info. She was a happy customer. I have to mention our cleaning lady. She did a very thorough and superb job
cleaning our room. I'm sorry I did not get her name. Upon check out, Carmen helped us get an invoice for proof of when we parked our car. We lost our ticket. So Carmen called over to verify our dates of stay and printed proof so we could pay and get our car out. The fitness center is great. Everything you need and more, including a tennis court, basket ball, racket ball, aerobic studio and all the machines you need, all located on the 7th floor. The staff, hotel, and our visit to the great restaurants-esp. Thames, and the rich history here has assured that WE WILL RETURN! Thank you to the whole staff! What a difference a positive can-do attitude with a smile makes!

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for the wonder review from your recent stay and the praise you’ve given to the staff. Your comments are greatly appreciated and afford other potential guests the opportunity to our previous guests’ stay. Our corner suites offer much space to move about, as you experienced firsthand, and offer such magnificent views of the harbor. I will be sure and share your review with the staff, especially those that you mentioned by name. It sounds as though you were able to experience almost every aspect of the hotel and some of Baltimore. Be sure and stop up on the 3rd floor breezeway to take a look at the bee-hive and the sculpture. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Visited the Royal Sonesta for a conference as an exhibitor. From my initial encounter with the valet staff to final checkout, the staff was top notch - personable, helpful, prompt and courteous. The hotel itself was a real throwback - brass fixtures in the bathrooms, large sleeping area and very clean. The food provided by the conference planners was excellent and varied (especially the deserts!). My company also hosted a dinner in a lovely room that overlooked Baltimore's Inner Harbor. Again, the food was well prepared, elegantly served.

I would highly recommend this hotel for all the things that matter when visiting Baltimore - location, dinning and their rooms. There was nothing I did not like.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Elaine F
Dear Elaine F., Thank you for your 5 star review of our property and for taking the time to rate our property with regard to your recent visit. The staff and I are pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay with us during your meeting. We appreciate the high recommendation for others to stay as our guests. I hope you will have the opportunity to visit Baltimore again. The staff and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.